Your opinion about every player on roster & upcoming dra

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:51 pm
just wondering what the consensus is about each player on the team as of right now and what the warriors should do with their draft pick if it's top 3 or not top 3. here's mine...

Curry - warriors PG for the next 10 yrs...I'm very impressed by his maturity and court vision in his rookie year. ty Twolves for picking Johnny Flynn! I think he has what it takes to lead a team, but he needs someone in the post to pass to.

Ellis - I ain't gonna even lie, I just really don't like the kid. from his moped to his overnight tats to his "I'm 2nd best player in the nba." - and that's just off the court. even during his 'breakout' year a couple years back, when people were all over his jock, I saw too many flaws in his game to be a true #1 option --> IQ, bad shot decisions, turnover prone, lost on D, selfish...don't get me wrong, he's a good player and he's worth holding onto right now, but I wouldn't shed a tear to see him packaged in a trade so long as it's for someone better...like Iggy, Granger, Davy West, or anyone of that caliber.

Maggette - he's a 6th man, like Jamal Crawford or Jerry Stackhouse. a guy that comes in to provide a scoring spark off the bench. cuz he ain't gonna bring much else. he needs to be traded, especially if Ellis remains. those 2 together stifles the offense and may be the worst defending SG/SF combo in the league. with his salary, it would be better spent on a real starter. can't ignore the fact that the guy has been on losing teams his entire career and just seems to care about 'getting his.'

A. Randolph - he tore up summer league and had people salivating at his potential. right now I think he's too inconsistant, but that could be due to Nellie's mind games. he's too young with too much potential to trade for anything less than someone really good. AR + our #1pick for a signed Amare Stoudemire or Bosh? in a heartbeat. sucks he got injured. he's the kind of player that needs to play 35 min/gm and just accept the expected growing pains and stick with him through it. I think AR is the very reason not to draft another project big like Favors or Cousins.

Biedrins - had an off year but has also shown all-star like ability just one season ago. I say don't trade (unless it's too good of an offer to resist). good centers are hard to come by, he's one of the best rebounders in the league, was a double double machine...has a good attitude, a fan favorite, and I think with a stable roster he can regain his old form like he did with Baron & Co.

bench

Anthony Morrow - he also had a good summer league. but the question is - is he a real nba starter or just another Eddie House? if he's not making 3's, he doesn't offer a whole lot else. if it came down to him and Azu, I'm going with Azu (who also shoots a high 3pt%). whether to keep him or not should depend on how big of a contract he wants in the offseason.

Turiaf - good cheerleader / locker room guy and one of the best shotblockers in the league. for his reasonable contract and contribution as a backup center, ya gotta keep him.

Azubuike - I think he's a good enough 3pt shooter to make Morrow expendable. Azu's more athletic and better on D as well.

Reggie Williams - another D-league find, has all-around game. a future starter? who knows. I wouldn't put all my hope in a D-leaguer, but he definitely should be resigned as a solid player off the bench.

Brandan "Busted" Wright - he is just too fekkin brittle ! what a stupid move to trade JRich for this raw unprovener and not even use the trade exception. AR is the project PF of the future, B Wright is beyond expendable. maybe we can unload him to a team who wants to go young.

Radmanovic - 'twas nice knowin' ya! that $6mil should be a nice filler for a trade.

Chris Hunter - earned a spot in the league, worth keeping as a backup. I don't think too much future plans should place D-leaguers to be regarded as huge impact players or integral 'pieces' (especially in their 1st yr when they're playing for a contract), but hey keep them on the roster as backups and who knows, they might become seriously found gold.

A. Tolliver - (see Chris Hunter)....I like his toughness and versatility. he got Greg Oden disease, dude looks 35 lol.

CJ Watson - uhh yeah, expendable. how many D-league scoring tweeners does one team need.

D. George - enjoy retirement!

Draft Pick - #1 overall....draft Wall, trade Ellis + filler for a big man. #2 overall - draft Turner. #3+....trade the pick w/Ellis and/or Mags in a blockbuster trade to bring warriors their first allstar in 16 :shock: years.
Last edited by rockyBeli on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Role Player
» Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:56 pm
everyone is tradeable, beside curry and adolf and with the draft pick, if we get anything lower then the 3nd pick, trade the pick. If we get the first pick get Evan turner, the second pick get john wall, 3rd pick get favor or w Johnson

Starting Lineup
» Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:55 pm
rocky did you steal that from kawakami?

Rookie
» Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:05 am
We're at the bottom of the league, everybody is expandable for the right price.

Curry: Happy Curry started playing with confidence and showed he's a true play in this league for years to come. This summer I'd have him work on being as efficient going right as he is going left. Starting PG/SG.

Ellis: Happy Ellis showed his explosiveness again. At the end of last year when he returned I didn't know if it would ever come back. This summer I'd have him work on his mid-range game again. His jumper sucked this year, but somehow still managed 25 ppg and 45% fg%. Starting SG/PG.

Maggette: Individually you had a great offensive season. Still don't know how you get the refs to blow the whistle that much, but you've mastered it. This summer I'd have him do whatever you did to prepare for this year. First SF off the bench

Randolph: Had a great offseason. Wish I could've seen you play PF more instead of C, but love your competitiveness. This summer I'd have him work on his agility and coordination. Fist PF off the bench.

Beans: We'll just try to forget this season. Go ask Shaq who teaches him FTs, and make sure you ask someone else. Starting C only because you'll be in foul trouble anyway.

Morrow: I was actually impressed with your defense at the SF position. Still has the jumper. This summer I'd have you work on shooting, shooting, and shooting. Off-screens, pick and pop, one dribble pull-ups, etc. First SG off the bench.

Turiaf: Constant energy and effort that you need on your team. This summer keep doing whatever you've been doing. First C off the bench.

AZU: We'll just forget this year. This summer work on getting back to being the player you were which was an athletic fearless competitor. Backup SG/SF.

Reggie: Happy to see you get your chance. I remembered you in college, so it's good to see hard work pay off. This summer I'd say work on your quickness. Starting SF.

B Wright: We'll forget this season. Still mad we traded for you, but one year I'll get over it. Work on your agility & strength and I'm good with everything else you bring to the table. Starting PF.

Rad: Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Hunter: Played with a lot of energy and passion. This summer learn as much as you can from Ronny and work on catching and finishing in the paint. Third string C.

Tolliver: For a big man, a good outside shooter and dribble drive. Fits Nellie system well. This summer work on more consistent jump shot and post defense.
Third string PF, could be move to as high as 1 with the uncertainty of the other two.

CJ: Love your competitiveness. This summer you should go back to being the pg that got you picked up from the d-league.
Backup PG after Monta.

Devean: Hope you enjoyed the check.

Draft Picks
#1 Evan Turner.
#2 trade the pick if Wall is still available.
#3 Cousins

Starting Lineup
» Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:40 pm
Rehren1296 wrote:rocky did you steal that from kawakami?

nope

Role Player
» Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:39 pm
I posted this in the Warriors thread on the 49ers MB a few weeks ago, so I'm just gonna paste it here and make sure there are no contextual discrepancies...

Steph Curry - Love this kid. Great passer, shooter, and teammate. Plus he's extremely marketable. If he is developed properly he could become an All Star. Definitely a keeper.

Monta Ellis - Bright young talent but lacks a defined position, and not the right guy to play alongside Curry... IMO we should trade him and try to bring in a big man... But I don't want to trade him unless the right deal comes along.

C.J. Watson - Like the guy a lot and would love to keep him as a back-up PG, but I don't think it's very likely since he's caught the attention of a handful of other teams who probably need him more than us, and would also give him an opportunity to play for a winning team.

Anthony Morrow - Great shooter and I love watching him when he's on, but he doesn't bring anything else to the table, and he is pretty inconsistent. Wouldn't mind trading him if it would help bring in a top talent, but if we could resign him for cheap I'd be happy with that too.

Reggie Williams - Probably the D-leaguer with the most upside. He works hard and he has displayed great passing skills to go along with some very respectable stats and consistent play off the bench. Would be a great role player and with some more experience, maybe even our 6th man.

Kelenna Azubuike - Love him. Very unselfish and he'll do whatever it takes to help the team. Strong 3pt shooter, good rebounder for his size, good defender, and he moves well without the ball. Hopefully we can hold onto him.

Corey Maggette - Gotta commend him for the job he's done this season, but like with Monta, I'd like to trade him if the right deal comes along. His contract is not very good, he's getting older, he's never been on a winning team, and because of his performance this year, his stock has never been higher which means he is a prime value in a trade.

Anthony Randolph - If this guy can adapt to the 3 spot, he will be a freak. Imagine a 7 footer with a strong midrange game, good handles, and unparalleled athletic skills. The guy can already rebound, run, and play defense. He just needs more experience, better awareness, and a longer range, and he will be unreal. The only things that can hold him back are his coaching and work ethic, and one of those is completely in his power.

Brandan Wright - I'd LOVE to see him injury-free next year. I'm a big fan of his and I think that his career is far from unsalvageable. He has shown great patience and awareness which are rare traits for a guy with his frame, youth, and athleticism. If he can bulk up a bit and stay healthy, I think he can be a starting PF, or at the very least a high minute bench player inside. He is a good rebounder and shot blocker, and his post game is decent. His midrange game is also pretty solid, and his hook is unstoppable. All he needs is a bit more strength and aggression, and to stay away from the injury bug, and he can play the 4.

Ronny Turiaf - Love his passion and energy, and he's come through for us at times, but he'll never be more than a 15-20 minute guy. If he is ever considered as part of a big trade I'd do it, but I wouldn't mind keeping him around for depth.

Anthony Tolliver - Not a big fan... Volume shooter and his fundamentals are shoddy. I doubt anyone picks him up if we waive him, so I say we do that and if he's available this summer, try him out in the Summer League to see if he's improved his shooting and defense, and if we need depth inside we can consider bringing him back. I like his hustle but I feel like he has a low ceiling and we have more than enough youth to develop. I'd rather have a polished vet in his place.

Andris Biedrins - I love him to death but I think he's reached his ceiling and sadly it's not good enough. His free throw shooting is atrocious, and he cannot hang with most NBA centers. His rebounding is hot or cold and you just never know what you're going to get on a given night. He doesn't bring much to the offense and he is a liability with the ball in his hands.

Chris Hunter - I like him because he is bulky and he plays like it. He may not be the biggest or the strongest, but he is big enough and strong enough to hold his own against most centers. He is pretty consistent inside. Not good enough to be a high minutes guy, but good young depth at a cheap price. I'd keep him if possible.

As for the draft, I'll wait until the lottery to talk about that. I think we all have similar top 5s (Wall / Turner / Johnson / Favors / Cousins is mine) but until we know where we're picking and who is picking ahead of us, it's pointless to talk about it too much.

All Star
» Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:57 pm
re-sign****

All Star
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:05 am
Steph Curry - Our future. Build around him. Now. Please

Monta Ellis - Like everyone, I'd trade him for a great big in a heartbeat. Thing is, the teams with great bigs, wouldn't. May need to take a chance on trading him for talent

C.J. Watson -Meh. Should have traded him for a #1 pick when we had a chance

Anthony Morrow - Like him but he has a lot of flaws he needs to work on.

Reggie Williams - Has shown plenty (besides a neck) Already signed him for cheap through next year I believe. Good move

Kelenna Azubuike - Always concerns me when explosive players come back from knee injuries. He's solid, but may take a while to come right

Corey Maggette - Ahhh Maggs, you are what you are. Not gonna hate

Anthony Randolph -Still our most intriguing player - his per stats are off the charts. Just give the kid time! Let him play through mistakes, it's the only way he'll learn. He needs coaching, not to be whipped

Brandan Wright -Highly skilled but actually may have a vagina.

Ronny Turiaf - A glue guy and a decent one at that

Anthony Tolliver - Chums boy. Has put up some big numbers ( i believe he leads the Warriors in double doubles which speaks volumes) but i dunno - he just does nothing for me

Andris Biedrins - so disappointing. That is all

Chris Hunter - Plays within his limitations. Would be a solid 11th - 12th man

Hall of Famer
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:32 am
The only untouchables are Curry and AR, but you can't trade the lot for just any players. I want to see a change in ownership and management before making any roster moves actually, so hopefully that happens very soon after the season finishes

Rookie
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:40 pm
RockyBeli, I'm curious why you take Monte and Maggette to task for poor defense, but you give Curry a pass when his D has been nothing short of atrocious at times this season. Curry's obviously a good young player, but let's not crown him quite yet. He still has much to prove.

All Star
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:16 pm
Players I'd like to keep

Curry
Watson
Williams
Randolph
Buike
Maggette

Anyone else Idgaf about.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:26 pm
Players I'd like to keep:

Curry.
Williams.
Morrow
Randolph
Buike.

Players we HAVE to keep:

Curry.

That's it. I'm happy moving anybody else if it's to improve. Some of them I'd move just to get some cap space for the future.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:14 am
I suggest that anybody thinking that we can trade Monta Ellis or a star big should do some checking around the net. Nobody will trade anything of worth for Monta unless we include one of our young talents (aka Randolph or Curry) and/or our #1 pick.

All Star
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:28 am
Tarantism wrote:I suggest that anybody thinking that we can trade Monta Ellis or a star big should do some checking around the net. Nobody will trade anything of worth for Monta unless we include one of our young talents (aka Randolph or Curry) and/or our #1 pick.

yes... because the net is the source of all truth.

someone will do it. it's gonna take another young player, but hopefully only Morrow or Wright ...

Biedrins has to just be plain dumped. Idc if we get only a 2nd round pick or nothing at all ... i hate seeing him play.

All Star
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Tarantism wrote:I suggest that anybody thinking that we can trade Monta Ellis or a star big should do some checking around the net. Nobody will trade anything of worth for Monta unless we include one of our young talents (aka Randolph or Curry) and/or our #1 pick.

Sadly, I believe you are dead right about that. Moped Ellis still hangs over him a bit too... One more solid year from him will improve his "stability" rep in the league and perhaps his trade value. Probably won't get a star big for him but yeah. The Mayo deal was probably the best thing we were going get offered for him for a while. A desperate team may be willing to give something up for him next year, you never know, things change quickly.