*OFFICIAL Ping Pong Ball THREAD*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:00 pm
Quazza wrote:
Maybe Vegi wrote:The more I read about Derrick Favors, the more I think I'd be thrilled if he was a Warrior. I'd still take Wall and Evans in that order if they get a top 2 pick, but after that, I think it would be hard to pass on Favors. Seems he was the victim of a crap backcourt that either didn't want to or couldn't get him the ball. But he's ridiculously athletic, strong, is a great finisher, has great hands and can defend. He fits the roster much better than Cousins, and you don't hear any whispers about personality issues.

He's a heck of an athlete. And Bada was saying all season his numbers were down due to bad guards. Would not mind seeing him a Warrior at all

Actually, when is the lottery?

Fourth week of May, I believe. Not sure on the actual date. It'll be during halftime of some NBA playoff game.

All Star
» Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:40 pm
Cheers X

All Star
» Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:24 pm
Mock Draft on REal. Interesting that they have Aminu ahead of Johnson

1. New Jersey, 250: John Wall, PG, Kentucky

2. Minnesota, 199: Evan Turner, SG, Ohio State

3. Sacramento, 156: DeMarcus Cousins, C, Kentucky

4. Golden State, 104: Derrick Favors, PF, Wake Forest

5. Washington, 103: Al-Farouq Aminu, F, Wake Forest

6. Philadelphia, 53: Wes Johnson, SF, Syracuse

7. Detroit, 53: Cole Aldrich, C, Kansas

8. LA Clippers, 23: Eric Bledsoe, G, Kentucky

9. New York (To Utah), 22: Ed Davis, PF, North Carolina

10. Indiana, 11: Patrick Patterson, PF, Kentucky

11. New Orleans, 8: Greg Monroe, C, Georgetown

12. Memphis, 7: Jan Vesely, F, KK Partizan Belgrade

13. Toronto, 6: Donatas Motiejunas, C Benneton Treviso

14. Houston, 5: Hassan Whiteside, C, Marshall

15. Chicago (To Milwaukee): Ekpe Udoh, PF, Baylor

16. Charlotte (To Minnesota via Denver): Daniel Orton, C, Kentucky

17. Milwaukee (To Chicago): Xavier Henry, G/F, Kansas

18. Miami: Willie Warren, PG, Oklahoma

19. Boston: James Anderson, SG, Oklahoma State

20. San Antonio: Damion James, SF, Texas

21. Oklahoma City, Aaric Murray, C, LaSalle

22. Portland: Avery Bradley, G, Texas

23. Utah (To Minnesota via Philadelphia): Gordon Heyward, SF, Butler

24. Atlanta: Solomon Alabi, C, Florida State

25. Denver (To Memphis): Quincy Pondexter, SF, Washington

26. Phoenix (To Oklahoma City): Nemanja Bjelica, SF, Red Star Belgrade

27. Dallas (To New Jersey): Dominque Jones, SG, South Florida

28. LA Lakers (To Memphis): Gani Lawal, PF, Georgia Tech

29. Orlando: Paul George, SF, Fresno State

30. Cleveland (To Washington): Larry Sanders, PF, VCU

Second Round
31. New Jersey: Devin Ebanks, SF, West Virginia

32. Minnesota (To Oklahoma City): Tibor Pleiss, C, Brose Baskets

33. Sacramento: Charles Garcia, PF, Seattle

34/35. Washington: Elliot Williams, SG, Memphis

34/35. Golden State: Demetri McCamey, PG, Illinois

36/37. Detroit: JaJuan Johnson, PF, Purdue

36/37. Philadelphia (To Milwaukee): Darrington Hobson, SF, New Mexico

38/39. New York: Sherron Collins, PG, Kansas

38/39. LA Clippers (To New York via Denver): Lance Stephenson, SG, Cincinnati

40. Indiana: Terrico White, G, Ole Miss

41. New Orleans (To Miami): Miroslave Raduljica, C, Zeleznik

42/43. Toronto (To Miami): Stanley Robinson, SF, UConn

42/43. Memphis (To LA Lakers): Chris Wright, SF, Dayton

44. Chicago (To Portland): Kevin Seraphin, PF, Cholet

45. Houston (To Minnesota): Kenneth Faried, PF, Morehead State

46. Charlotte (To Phoenix): Jarvis Varnado, PF, Mississippi State

47. Milwaukee: Greivis Vasquez, PG, Maryland

48. Miami: Arnett Moultrie, PF, UTEP

49. San Antonio: Artsiom Parakhouski, C, Radford

50. Oklahoma City (To Dallas): Jerome Jordan, C, Tulsa

51. Portland (To Oklahoma City via Dallas and Minnesota): Ludovic Vaty, PF, Orleans

52. Boston: Gary Flowers, PF, Southern Miss

53. Atlanta: Samardo Samuels, PF, Louisville

54. Denver (To LA Clippers): Armon Johnson, PG, Nevada

55. Utah: Luke Babbitt, SF, Nevada

56. Phoenix (To Minnesota): Derrick Caracter, PF, UTEP

57. Dallas: Jordan Crawford, SG, Xavier

58. LA Lakers: Hamady N'Diaye, C, Rutgers

59. Orlando: Dexter Pittman, C, Texas

60. Cleveland (To Phoenix): Courtney Fortson, PG, Arkansas

Franchise Player
» Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:51 am
I'm really starting to believe that not having the second or first overall pick isn't all that bad. Sure, I'd love Evan Turner... or the power of what to do with the first pick(either John Wall or trade), but Derrick Favors doesn't seem like a bad pick at 4. Really curious what would happen since he'd be working with Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis at the wings.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:40 am
xbay wrote:I'm really starting to believe that not having the second or first overall pick isn't all that bad. Sure, I'd love Evan Turner... or the power of what to do with the first pick(either John Wall or trade), but Derrick Favors doesn't seem like a bad pick at 4. Really curious what would happen since he'd be working with Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis at the wings.

For me, trade the pick, pretty much no matter what. I want proven performance and one that fits well, Center being the best need

Hall of Famer
» Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:59 am
Quazza wrote:Mock Draft on REal. Interesting that they have Aminu ahead of Johnson

1. New Jersey, 250: John Wall, PG, Kentucky

2. Minnesota, 199: Evan Turner, SG, Ohio State

3. Sacramento, 156: DeMarcus Cousins, C, Kentucky

4. Golden State, 104: Derrick Favors, PF, Wake Forest

5. Washington, 103: Al-Farouq Aminu, F, Wake Forest

6. Philadelphia, 53: Wes Johnson, SF, Syracuse

7. Detroit, 53: Cole Aldrich, C, Kansas

8. LA Clippers, 23: Eric Bledsoe, G, Kentucky

9. New York (To Utah), 22: Ed Davis, PF, North Carolina

10. Indiana, 11: Patrick Patterson, PF, Kentucky

11. New Orleans, 8: Greg Monroe, C, Georgetown

12. Memphis, 7: Jan Vesely, F, KK Partizan Belgrade

13. Toronto, 6: Donatas Motiejunas, C Benneton Treviso

14. Houston, 5: Hassan Whiteside, C, Marshall

15. Chicago (To Milwaukee): Ekpe Udoh, PF, Baylor

16. Charlotte (To Minnesota via Denver): Daniel Orton, C, Kentucky

17. Milwaukee (To Chicago): Xavier Henry, G/F, Kansas

18. Miami: Willie Warren, PG, Oklahoma

19. Boston: James Anderson, SG, Oklahoma State

20. San Antonio: Damion James, SF, Texas

21. Oklahoma City, Aaric Murray, C, LaSalle

22. Portland: Avery Bradley, G, Texas

23. Utah (To Minnesota via Philadelphia): Gordon Heyward, SF, Butler

24. Atlanta: Solomon Alabi, C, Florida State

25. Denver (To Memphis): Quincy Pondexter, SF, Washington

26. Phoenix (To Oklahoma City): Nemanja Bjelica, SF, Red Star Belgrade

27. Dallas (To New Jersey): Dominque Jones, SG, South Florida

28. LA Lakers (To Memphis): Gani Lawal, PF, Georgia Tech

29. Orlando: Paul George, SF, Fresno State

30. Cleveland (To Washington): Larry Sanders, PF, VCU

Second Round
31. New Jersey: Devin Ebanks, SF, West Virginia

32. Minnesota (To Oklahoma City): Tibor Pleiss, C, Brose Baskets

33. Sacramento: Charles Garcia, PF, Seattle

34/35. Washington: Elliot Williams, SG, Memphis

34/35. Golden State: Demetri McCamey, PG, Illinois

36/37. Detroit: JaJuan Johnson, PF, Purdue

36/37. Philadelphia (To Milwaukee): Darrington Hobson, SF, New Mexico

38/39. New York: Sherron Collins, PG, Kansas

38/39. LA Clippers (To New York via Denver): Lance Stephenson, SG, Cincinnati

40. Indiana: Terrico White, G, Ole Miss

41. New Orleans (To Miami): Miroslave Raduljica, C, Zeleznik

42/43. Toronto (To Miami): Stanley Robinson, SF, UConn

42/43. Memphis (To LA Lakers): Chris Wright, SF, Dayton

44. Chicago (To Portland): Kevin Seraphin, PF, Cholet

45. Houston (To Minnesota): Kenneth Faried, PF, Morehead State

46. Charlotte (To Phoenix): Jarvis Varnado, PF, Mississippi State

47. Milwaukee: Greivis Vasquez, PG, Maryland

48. Miami: Arnett Moultrie, PF, UTEP

49. San Antonio: Artsiom Parakhouski, C, Radford

50. Oklahoma City (To Dallas): Jerome Jordan, C, Tulsa

51. Portland (To Oklahoma City via Dallas and Minnesota): Ludovic Vaty, PF, Orleans

52. Boston: Gary Flowers, PF, Southern Miss

53. Atlanta: Samardo Samuels, PF, Louisville

54. Denver (To LA Clippers): Armon Johnson, PG, Nevada

55. Utah: Luke Babbitt, SF, Nevada

56. Phoenix (To Minnesota): Derrick Caracter, PF, UTEP

57. Dallas: Jordan Crawford, SG, Xavier

58. LA Lakers: Hamady N'Diaye, C, Rutgers

59. Orlando: Dexter Pittman, C, Texas

60. Cleveland (To Phoenix): Courtney Fortson, PG, Arkansas

I'll wait to post any mocks, or even take a look at any mocks, til the lottery is fix... er, over. :wink:

Seriously, what's the point?. It's alright to rate players and the like, but there's no reason at all to do a mock when EVERYTHING may change once the lottery takes place.

btw, in case the worst thing happens and we don't have a top pick, there are a couple of guys that intrigue me.

One of them is Ed Davis, who nobody is talking about (much). I know his season has been disappointing, but still has many physical traits that you can't teach. He's incredibly raw on offense, but I think he'd be a great fit for a team that nees a banger inside, kinda like Al Horford. I don't think he'll ever be a great (or even good) scorer, but I'm confident he can develop into a good rebounder and defender. He's certainly somebody I'd consider (and maybe just consider, pending on his workouts and interviews) at 6th or 7th.

Another one that intrigues me is James Anderson, who I think is gonna have a pretty succesful NBA career, but we don't need him that much, with all the wing players we have. Also, I like him a lot, but he's not a top 10 player at all. Barely lottery, if you ask me. Could be a nice option if we were able to trade our pick and a wing player for a big man and a mid first round pick, but I don't even consider him for the Warriors. Just throwing his name out there as a guy I think will be better than expected.

All Star
» Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:15 pm
Look, I don't see Cousins over Favors in a draft. He has way too many rumors going around him. I want TURNERTURNERTURNER.The we can get good deals for Ellis+[blank], probably a center.

Plus I DON'T WANT JOHN WALL. He plays too much like Evans, and I don't think the Warriors fit him.

All Star
» Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:53 pm
I'd LOVE to get Wall. Why wouldn't you want the best player in the draft?

Hall of Famer
» Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:57 am
Quazza wrote:I'd LOVE to get Wall. Why wouldn't you want the best player in the draft?

Because we have too much youth and inexperience as it is. Also, Wall in a trade will not only allow the team to get rid of either AB, Maggette or Monta, but will get us a real good player

All Star
» Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:29 am
Man I would not want to be the gm that trades Wall hey.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:22 am
Quazza wrote:Man I would not want to be the gm that trades Wall hey.

I understand, but screw what others think, the aim is to improve the team and that still could be done by keeping Wall and trading Monta, but you still have to find a good trade for Monta and then would the backcourt of Curry and Wall be a very good one and would they fit together. I'd rather go for a star Center, but you can go both ways I think. The team does have alot of youth and inexperience

All Star
» Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:46 am
If we get the #1 pick and we aren't going to trade it, I'd rather have Turner over Wall. Set the hype aside for a moment and you'll see Turner put up much better numbers than Wall. Really, Wall is way overhyped imho.

I'd still rather have Cousins than any of them however and Wesley Johnson is my next favorite. As good as Turner is I think he needs the ball in his hands too much, isn't as good a defender as Johnson, doesn't shoot the 3 as well as Johnson, and doesn't address the most glaring need of the Warriors... A POST PRESENCE!!!

Best case scenario.... We get the #1 pick and trade it.

All Star
» Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:19 am
Chum wrote:If we get the #1 pick and we aren't going to trade it, I'd rather have Turner over Wall. Set the hype aside for a moment and you'll see Turner put up much better numbers than Wall. Really, Wall is way overhyped imho.

I'd still rather have Cousins than any of them however and Wesley Johnson is my next favorite. As good as Turner is I think he needs the ball in his hands too much, isn't as good a defender as Johnson, doesn't shoot the 3 as well as Johnson, and doesn't address the most glaring need of the Warriors... A POST PRESENCE!!!

Best case scenario.... We get the #1 pick and trade it.

My thoughts exactly. :)

Franchise Player
» Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:34 am
LOL at any analysts that would blast us if we took Turner over Wall. He was the best player in the country this season. Wall is getting overhyped, and the fact that he gets LeBron's blessing is even more of it.

Besides, those ESPN analysts are usually off with their boards. Just look at the NFL Draft... Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay were really off on when they thought certain players would go.

The only opinion that matters is Dick Vitale. Hate him or love him, he's right at least 90-99% of the time.

Franchise Player
» Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:50 pm
xbay wrote:LOL at any analysts that would blast us if we took Turner over Wall. He was the best player in the country this season. Wall is getting overhyped, and the fact that he gets LeBron's blessing is even more of it.

Besides, those ESPN analysts are usually off with their boards. Just look at the NFL Draft... Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay were really off on when they thought certain players would go.

The only opinion that matters is Dick Vitale. Hate him or love him, he's right at least 90-99% of the time.

Need to take a little exception to this xbay.

Let me preface what I am going to say by saying I think Turner is a TERRIFIC ball player.

But to take a swing man #1 over a PG or a Center, he better be heads and tails better than the PG. I dont think that is the case. I think it has become very fashionable to say Wall is "overhyped". I think at this point that Turner is becoming overhyped.

He is a great player than can do so many things. But lets also keep in mind that he struggles with the college 3, so it is easy to see he will not be much of a factor from the NBA 3pt distance... at least without a lot of work.

He is also a pretty average athlete and many times overdribbles and is pretty careless with the ball. Yes, he handles the ball alot, but averaging almost 5 turnovers/game is a bit concerning.

I just dont understand why people are quick to dismiss Wall in comparing to Turner. First of all, Turner has played a full two more years than Wall. Imagine how good Wall would be with two more full collegiate seasons.

One only has to look at the Cavs/Bulls series to see the sort of impact a guy like Wall has on the game. THe Cavs are perhaps the best defensive team in the league and Rose is KILLING their defense. He completely breaks down that defense. That is what a PG of this ilk can do. And by all accounts, Wall is faster and more athletic than Rose. Wall is going to KILL defenses setting up his teammates for easy layups/dunks and wide open perimeter jumpers.

Yes, Wall does not have much of a jumper. That does not concern me. Rose does not have a J, but he is great. Rondo cant shoot from outside yet is a great player. One of the best of all time Jason Kidd cant shoot a lick from the outside. I think Wall will improve in this area but his penetration and passing skills more than make up for this.

I think he will also be a terrific defender able to defend both opposing PG's and SG's. By the time he stops growing, he will be 6'5 or maybe even 6'6 and has a wing-span of a PF. When he wants to, he is a major pain to opposing players.

There is no doubt that Turner was the best player in college last year... but that is largely irrelevant to projecting NBA productivity. JJ Redick and Adam Morison were hands down the best as well... how did that end up. Hansbrough was completely dominant in college.

Again, I think Turner could be a Brandon Roy type who I LOVE. And if the Warriors ended up with Turner I would be thrilled. However I would in no way or fashion draft Turner #1 over Wall.

I would either just take Wall and pair him with Curry ( I seem to be alone in thinking they could compliment each other well) or I would actively try and trade out of the pick to move back a spot or two or for a all-star caliber player.

While I dont know if I would "blast" someone for taking Turner over Wall, I would come very close to doing so. Perhaps the only team I can see that has a real case for not drafting Wall if they landed #1 would be Utah.

There was so much love for Derrick Rose two years ago but this year people seem to think Wall underachieved yet Wall is almost every single statistical category was better than Rose.

Than you factor in he is faster and more explosive than Rose and I think his FLOOR is Derrick Rose. His ceiling is off the charts.

I would be so fired up to see Wall in a dubs uni!