*OFFICIAL Ping Pong Ball THREAD*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


All Star
Posts: 1910
» Tue May 18, 2010 10:15 am
TMC wrote:
Chum wrote:Oh and bada, on the Cousins vs. Nellie conflict thing, I don't think it will happen. In fact I think Nellie will go out of his way to build up Cousins' confidence. Nellie was getting all emotional the second half of the season and was all about trying to help the young guys. He's said many times that he wished he handled the Webber thing differently and I think he would try to make amends, in his own way, if he drafted another potential star big.


Nah, I'm with Bada here. If we get Cousins and keep Nellie, it's gonna be a DISASTER. I don't trust Nellie helping a young big man develop in any way (other than developing mental problems, that is). Not considering his history. I'm beyond that after decades of Nellie in the league.


I totally frickin' agree. Nelson ain't about to start changing his stripes. He is who he is, and a big man who doesn't play like Nelson wants him to play is a big man sitting on the bench. Cousins is a potential train wreck for this team.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Tue May 18, 2010 4:29 pm
so was listening to KNBR on the ride home and they had a warriors beat writer from the chronicle and he said some interesting things.

First, the Warriors hands down will select Wall if they get #1. Not to say they would not look to trade him but he is their top player on the board and they love him.

Most interesting is he said the Warriors if they get the #3 pick, will select Wes Johnson. They have him 3rd on their board. A lot of the reasoning for this is they they feel they are fighting for their jobs with new ownership coming in and want someone that can help them NOW. They dont view Cousins or Favors as having much impact in their first season.
Last edited by bada on Tue May 18, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Tue May 18, 2010 4:34 pm
Stream just opened up on Atdhe: http://www.atdhe.net/19478/watch-nba-draft-lottery

their just Bull shiitin right now
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 187
» Tue May 18, 2010 4:42 pm
bada wrote:so was listening to KNBR on the ride home and they had a warriors beat writer from the chronicle and he said some interesting things.

First, the Warriors hands down will select Wall if they get #1. Not to say they would not look to trade him but he is their top player on the board and they love him.

Most interesting is he said the Warriors if they get the #3 pick, will select Wes Johnson. They have him 3rd on their board. A lot of the reasoning for this is they they feel they are fighting for their jobs with new ownership coming in and want someone that can help them NOW. They dont view Cousins or Favors as having much impact in their first season.


While this angers me to a degree, in that they are not considering the long-term future for the franchise, how can you blame them? The thing is, though, I don't think any amount of winning next season is going to save them when a new ownership group comes in and cleans house.

As a fan, this is some pretty scary stuff right here. Drafting Johnson 3rd would be such a mistake. Better they were to trade down and get some more talent to go along with him, then to take him outright at such a high slot.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1530
» Tue May 18, 2010 4:45 pm
bada wrote:so was listening to KNBR on the ride home and they had a warriors beat writer from the chronicle and he said some interesting things.

First, the Warriors hands down will select Wall if they get #1. Not to say they would not look to trade him but he is their top player on the board and they love him.

Most interesting is he said the Warriors if they get the #3 pick, will select Wes Johnson. They have him 3rd on their board. A lot of the reasoning for this is they they feel they are fighting for their jobs with new ownership coming in and want someone that can help them NOW. They dont view Cousins or Favors as having much impact in their first season.


Well I'd be happy with Wesley Johnson. Any of the big five names are good with me. All look good, even Favors. I just think Wesley Johnson fills the second biggest need for the Warriors as a defensive perimeter player (probably the best in the draft.) Also extremely athletic, long, huuuuuge wingspan and can knock down the 3. Extra special bonus with W. Johnson is his sick alley oop skills.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 688
» Tue May 18, 2010 4:52 pm
36% of getting the 5th pick....
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Tue May 18, 2010 4:56 pm
Chat room
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Tue May 18, 2010 4:57 pm
If true, this most likely mean Wes Johnson will be our pick unless we get top 2.

#3 - Wes Johnson will be our pick.
#4 - Wes Johnson will be our pick.
#5 - Wes Johnson will be our pick.
#6 - Wes Johnson could be our pick if he is there.
#7 - Wes Johnson could be our pick if he is there.

All Star
Posts: 1469
» Tue May 18, 2010 4:58 pm
Tips for watching Draft Lottery:

Pray for a correct order of teams 14-8. One lucky missing team is not bad. Two is horrible. 3 is Armageddon.

Start refusing to hear 'Golden State Warriors' during picks 5-7.

Get hopes up at pick 4 that IT IS NOT the Warriors place.

Climax

...........the rest is fate......
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Tue May 18, 2010 4:58 pm
fine wrote:Tips for watching Draft Lottery:

Pray for a correct order of teams 14-8. One lucky missing team is not bad. Two is horrible. 3 is Armageddon.

Start refusing to hear 'Golden State Warriors' during picks 5-7.

Get hopes up at pick 4 that IT IS NOT the Warriors place.

Climax

...........the rest is fate......


Chat room!
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Tue May 18, 2010 5:02 pm
it is sad that this is the most anxious I am every year with Warriors basketball! other than our one playoff season. :banghead:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1087
» Tue May 18, 2010 5:02 pm
OH snap. Its starting!!!!!
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Tue May 18, 2010 5:05 pm
bada wrote:it is sad that this is the most anxious I am every year with Warriors basketball! other than our one playoff season. :banghead:


this is true
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Tue May 18, 2010 5:06 pm
PLEASE NO TEAMS BEHIND US MOVE UP!!!!
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Tue May 18, 2010 5:06 pm
metalface wrote:OH snap. Its starting!!!!!
chat room man

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests