*OFFICIAL Ping Pong Ball THREAD*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:03 pm
bada wrote:
first off wrote:aw man today is a great day. warriors down by 18 vs was with 2:36 left

DETROIT up 19 with 52 seconds left!!!!!

hell ya! Almost like our game 6 victory over dallas! lol

what's that sound? it's the sound of 3 crappy NBA teams simultaneously breathing down our necks!:
3. Warriors 23-54 (.298)
4t. Sac 24-54 (vs SAS) (.307)
4t. Detroit 24-53 (.311)
4t. Washington 24 - 53 (.311)

C'mon sacramento! they are 17-20 at home so you never know... BEAT SAS! And San Ant just lost George hill in addition to TP. although they did just beat LAL.

problem is we are likely to get one win against either minn or LAC...

-Detroit should get one or both from Philly or Minn they have a few key players coming back anyway.
-WAS can win @NYK... even if we tie they've won every game against us
- Sac can beat LAC at home

What happens if we tie with sac though? they've won two and we've won 2? coin flip? Last years record (please say no)?
Last edited by first off on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starting Lineup
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:31 pm
i say warriors play it smart with these last 5 remaining games... keep a watch on detroit sac and the wizards... if we have a 2 loss lead on the teams then play all out for the win for the last 2 games so we get nelly his record and secure the 3rd best % for the lottery

Hall of Famer
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:03 pm
Maybe Nelson plays it like the sinical prik he is and gets the team to lose the remaining games so he can come back next season to get the record, thus getting another year of salary

» Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:12 pm
migya wrote:Maybe Nelson plays it like the sinical prik he is and gets the team to lose the remaining games so he can come back next season to get the record, thus getting another year of salary

I'm sure Nelly is gonna try to get his record ASAP Mig... no guarentee he is back next year (cuz of potential new ownership), so he's gonna want it now.

Plus, he's not gonna retire... sorry... don't let the board influence this "oh he'll settle for the record and retire" crap everyone is mentioning. He has said REPEATEDLY he is coming back next year. Of course, if he gets fired thats another thing. But record or not, he'll be back unless he's fired.

Franchise Player
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:20 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
migya wrote:Maybe Nelson plays it like the sinical prik he is and gets the team to lose the remaining games so he can come back next season to get the record, thus getting another year of salary

I'm sure Nelly is gonna try to get his record ASAP Mig... no guarentee he is back next year (cuz of potential new ownership), so he's gonna want it now.

Plus, he's not gonna retire... sorry... don't let the board influence this "oh he'll settle for the record and retire" crap everyone is mentioning. He has said REPEATEDLY he is coming back next year. Of course, if he gets fired thats another thing. But record or not, he'll be back unless he's fired.

yeah, no way he is retiring. but he WILL be fired god willing.

Franchise Player
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:42 pm
He wants to coach one more year and then he'll close the curtain. So he'll be our coach next year unless we get rid of him. I seriously doubt another team would sign him for one last year, I'm pretty sure this is his last stop... so either he's coaching the Warriors next year or the new owner buys out the last year and he's back in Maui.

EDIT;

Out of these last five games, only two seem possible. I can't see us beating the Thunder, Jazz, or Blazers. There's always a chance when you're at home, but the Thunder and Jazz are too good. The only possible win(s) is either at Wolves and/or at the Clippers... those are the next two games, so we'll see.

All Star
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:52 pm
SAC vs SAS 71-71

Damn, Thunder-Jazz is a killer Jazz up 138-135 with 48 secs left in OT

All Star
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:19 pm
well, SAC lost the game :evil:

just wondering, has there ever been a team in history that tanked on purpose? :?

Franchise Player
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:38 pm
updated through tonights game.

Looks like Sacramento might be our biggest threat. They only have one more game they might win.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:07 pm
bada wrote:updated through tonights game.

Looks like Sacramento might be our biggest threat. They only have one more game they might win.

Having the fourth worst record is still good and could still get the team a top 2 pick. Losing the game today was great and if the team only wins one more game, that'd be almost assurance of getting the fourth worst record

All Star
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:13 pm
LilBallerx8 wrote:well, SAC lost the game :evil:

just wondering, has there ever been a team in history that tanked on purpose? :?

Boston when Duncan was coming out of college

All Star
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:35 pm
migya wrote:
bada wrote:updated through tonights game.

Having the fourth worst record is still good and could still get the team a top 2 pick. Losing the game today was great and if the team only wins one more game, that'd be almost assurance of getting the fourth worst record

Like I asked above if we end up tieing Sac... what happens? we are 2 - 2 against them. does it go to a coin flip or do they use last seasons records?

Hall of Famer
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:22 pm
Quazza wrote:
LilBallerx8 wrote:well, SAC lost the game :evil:

Boston when Duncan was coming out of college

Cleveland for Lebron as well... lots of teams, actually, although they not always get what they want.

Rookie
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:40 pm
If two teams tie then they would split the percentages of the 3rd worst and 4th worst teams. For example if the 3rd worst had a 15% chance at winning and 4th worst had 13% chance, then both would then have 14% chance of winning the lottery.

This is what I remember happening, I'm fairly certain that's how it works correct me if I'm wrong

Hall of Famer
» Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:54 pm
tvaldivi wrote:If two teams tie then they would split the percentages of the 3rd worst and 4th worst teams. For example if the 3rd worst had a 15% chance at winning and 4th worst had 13% chance, then both would then have 14% chance of winning the lottery.

This is what I remember happening, I'm fairly certain that's how it works correct me if I'm wrong

From what I remember, and it is just off the top of my head, that is what happens, but then both teams toss a coin to see who gets one more ball in the lottery. I think there is one thousand balls in total in the lottery, so every team gets numerous balls, except the team that is #14, thus the highest win-loss record of the lottery teams, which only gets one ball