*OFFICIAL Ping Pong Ball THREAD*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:13 pm
Will try and keep this updated each day.

This is purely tracking for those that are interested. Not necessarily intended to promote or dismiss the concept of "tanking" :mrgreen:

Spots 1 and 2 are locked and I dont think the Warriors can drop farther than 6 so just focusing on these teams.

FINAL RESULTS

Last edited by bada on Tue May 18, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 15 times in total.

All Star
» Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:52 pm
makes it interesting that a number of the games we have coming up, are against the teams we are sucking with.

come onnnnnnn ping pong balls!

All Star
» Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:37 pm
aw what, you think your all spiffy with numbers and tables and excel sheets and shiit? already did this in another thread... booooo!

good job man jus foolin :D :)

Franchise Player
» Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:43 pm
I have us beating the Wolves, Clippers, and Wizards. Although I wouldn't be surprised if we lost those games... they're all road contests. Just 3 wins Nelson needs, btw. Oh, I might add the Knicks to that group. And of course, there's always a chance to win at home.

It'd be great if we were able to achieve Don getting his record AND be in line for a top 3 pick rather than falling to top 5 or 6. Sadly, only one of those things are going to happen.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:54 am
xbay wrote:I have us beating the Wolves, Clippers, and Wizards. Although I wouldn't be surprised if we lost those games... they're all road contests. Just 3 wins Nelson needs, btw. Oh, I might add the Knicks to that group. And of course, there's always a chance to win at home.

It'd be great if we were able to achieve Don getting his record AND be in line for a top 3 pick rather than falling to top 5 or 6. Sadly, only one of those things are going to happen.

Wouldn't be surprised if the bastards beat almost all those teams and got the worst position in the draft possible

Hall of Famer
» Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:42 am
migya wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if the bastards beat almost all those teams and got the worst position in the draft possible

That's my biggest fear as well...

I actually think the Wizards will finish with a worse record than ours, but the Clips and the Kings have a really tough finish, with only one easy game against the Clips, but they also play only one game on the road.

Oh, well... it's all a matter of luck in the lottery, tho. Nothing's gonna change that.

Founder
» Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:40 am
That Washington game will be the game of the year. Probably will decide the 3/4 spots. Unless we get hot, I don't see us falling past 4, but we've been known to tear up the joint the last few weeks of the season for the annual season ticket renewal push.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:08 am
Some posters are still talking as if drafting Turner or Wall is almost a certainty.Washington won it's first game in March last night after losing 16 in a row. Detroit has lost 9 in a row. I think we'll probably end up tied for 4th,5th with Detroit. Other teams are tanking and we are worrying about Nelly getting his private record, when barring a quick transfer of the Warrior ownership, Nelly is going to be here next year anyway.

All Star
» Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:40 pm
good stuff bada... i've been following this as well... if we get nellie's stupid record it probably means we won't be lucky enough to get evan turner or john wall. warriors suck on the road so we probably only have a couple more wins in us anyway. frankly i'm itching for nellie to tie wilkens, then get canned this summer by the new ownership :mrgreen:

All Star
» Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:55 pm
This is the only scenario I can honestly say:

I love balls. I want as many balls as possible.

Rookie
» Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:05 pm
You can never have too many balls.

Franchise Player
» Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:38 pm
I heard some news that Turner has been telling his teammates that he might be returning for his senior year. That he feels they have a great chance to win a championship.

Not sure I buy it. Guess it just depends on what priorities he has but man, he certainly can not improve his draft stock or earn any more money by returning.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:15 pm
Beast Mode wrote:This is the only scenario I can honestly say:

I love balls. I want as many balls as possible.

I'll leave that one alone :oops: :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
» Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:18 pm
Man I really want to get Wall, or at least the #2 pick. It'd give so many options and the team, especially under new ownership and decision makers, should definately be able to acquire players that can make the team win a fair bit more. It'd allow getting the star big the team needs at Center and it'd allow the acquisition of another very good player that fits well, while still keeping what I consider to be core players, like Curry, AR, and also allowing role players like Azu and Turiaf to stay as well

Starting Lineup
» Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:17 pm
Forget Wall, that's not the player we need. Evan Turner is a winner. Him and Steph together with a legit big man would mean good things