Curry the next Steve Nash?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:12 pm
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:I know most of you could care less on what Nellie says, but he said recently on KNBR that Curry is way better now than Nash was when he came into the league. If we trade Curry to make room for Wall I'll be super disappointed.

Yeah, I dont think we will or would be wise to move Curry under any circumstances. In the event we got the #1 pick, I would assume they would try and trade down or we would pick him to try and make that backcourt work together but I cant see any situation where we get the #1 pick, then trade Curry before the season.

All Star
» Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:17 pm
Not bad to have a game compared to a Hall of Famer! And it does look the same. I think he would be doing even better, but Ellis tries to show that he can be the point as well and butts in from time to time.

Ellis just looks so terrible at point now, but he doesn't seem to realize it. Of course, if you think you are as good as Bryant and James, you might believe in a lot of mythical things.

Role Player
» Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:59 pm
If these idiots in the front office trade Curry before they're shown the door, I will hunt them down and beat the crap out of each and every one of them.

All Star
» Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:46 pm
Spree for 3 wrote:If these idiots in the front office trade Curry before they're shown the door, I will hunt them down and beat the crap out of each and every one of them.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Franchise Player
» Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:04 am
Chum wrote:
Spree for 3 wrote:If these idiots in the front office trade Curry before they're shown the door, I will hunt them down and beat the crap out of each and every one of them.

I doubt they do that unless it's an amazingly great offer. They're stupid, but they're not that stupid. Plus, these guys are drafting, signing, and trading for the new owner this summer... if they play around with stupid offers before the new owner comes in and cleans house, there will be hell to pay.

Role Player
» Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:00 pm
xbay wrote:
Chum wrote:

I doubt they do that unless it's an amazingly great offer. They're stupid, but they're not that stupid. Plus, these guys are drafting, signing, and trading for the new owner this summer... if they play around with stupid offers before the new owner comes in and cleans house, there will be hell to pay.

yea if offer involved lebron or wade, then do it, but the way curry is playing right now really resemble nash

Curry- shoot 3, greater passer and a great leadership skill for a rookie

im not sure about this but didn't Nash took like a year to to develop his skill?

Franchise Player
» Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:38 pm
hellkiller wrote:
xbay wrote:
Chum wrote:

yea if offer involved lebron or wade, then do it, but the way curry is playing right now really resemble nash

Curry- shoot 3, greater passer and a great leadership skill for a rookie

im not sure about this but didn't Nash took like a year to to develop his skill?

Not sure, but the way he's playing right now didn't start 'til he went to Phoenix. In his Dallas days, he was good, but not great. He was someone to respect, but not the bonafied MVP star he became when he came to the Suns. How that has relevance to what I'm about to say is nothing. Just wanted to point that out.

Anyways, the thing with Curry is that he keeps getting better every month. He was playing NOTHING like this at the beginning of the season. To be fair, he wasn't starting at the beginning, but you can definitely see the difference as months past. The kid plays calm and is very mature... like how Brandon Roy was when he entered the league. When Roy was out there, you sometimes forget he was still a rookie at the time. Same thing with Steph. He's open to learning and always listens. I think that's why he started to get more aggressive going to basket after watching Monta and Maggette do it so much.

Honestly, I think Curry will be the better between him and Tyreke Evans. But that's no knock on Evans, cause he will be a great pro. It's just a matter of surrounding Curry with the right talent to have him succeed. That's why it's important to have guys like Chris Hunter and Ronny Turiaf around cause they're always willing to cut to the basket and always move without the ball. Steph is always finding ways to get the ball to someone. That's what you gotta love about him.

All Star
» Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:48 pm
I always hate on Don, but I give credit were its due, he did say that Curry was a mini-Nash.

Rookie
» Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:16 am
nellie loves hype, but i think curry's ceiling might be a slightly more athletic steve nash, with slightly less passing skill. I personally think he will have a high turnover ratio like nash, just because they both are into flashly passes, and trying creative ways to thread the needle. Not that its a big negative or anything. Fun to watch though.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:57 am
jamesnamida wrote:nellie loves hype, but i think curry's ceiling might be a slightly more athletic steve nash, with slightly less passing skill. I personally think he will have a high turnover ratio like nash, just because they both are into flashly passes, and trying creative ways to thread the needle. Not that its a big negative or anything. Fun to watch though.

I agree. It will be hard for Curry to get the assists that Nash has been able to get since with Phoenix, but he doesn't have to, he just has to get alot of them and run the team well. It is the defense that I want and he has to improve that, as that is what many players are lacking and would be the difference between him being good and great