*OFFICIAL WARRIORS SOLD THREAD*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:51 pm
I'm so happy I think I'll masturbate(joke lol). But yes finally, maybe in 2-3 years we will be back in the playoffs. Next year will be a REAL rebuilding year and maybe the year after we will be a .500 win squad.

Franchise Player
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:54 pm
Pworld wrote:I'm so happy I think I'll masturbate(joke lol). But yes finally, maybe in 2-3 years we will be back in the playoffs. Next year will be a REAL rebuilding year and maybe the year after we will be a .500 win squad.

Well without knowing who the GM and Coach would be, I would be reluctant to say that, however this is exciting news any way you look at it.

Role Player
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:59 pm
first off wrote:espn's nba page has a pod cast about the dubs... I'm listening to it as i write.

Where???

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:49 pm
this may be a bit off topic, but someone posted a link where kawakami claims that we are the 5th biggest market in the nba... i was trying to google the validity of this and was wondering if anyone could help me find some links to help me see where the dubs rank amongst other teams in terms of market???

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:24 pm
holy **** i think i might actually cry

Role Player
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:35 pm
I read the article on ESPN. If Ellison can get the team an convince West to run it, we'll be looking great in a few years.

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:50 pm
Hmm, this all feels like a trap. A trap to get our hopes up, then smash them again into the cold hard earth. I'm not buying until it's sold.

If we somehow lose Curry in all this I'll be extremely pissed.

Franchise Player
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:16 pm
8th ave wrote:this may be a bit off topic, but someone posted a link where kawakami claims that we are the 5th biggest market in the nba... i was trying to google the validity of this and was wondering if anyone could help me find some links to help me see where the dubs rank amongst other teams in terms of market???

Well overall we are the 6th largest TV market

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/wp- ... -ranks.pdf

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:22 pm
Chum wrote:Hmm, this all feels like a trap. A trap to get our hopes up, then smash them again into the cold hard earth. I'm not buying until it's sold.

If we somehow lose Curry in all this I'll be extremely pissed.

I think he'd be the one player who can feel safe

Warriors Retain GSP To Sell Franchise

The Golden State Warriors of the National Basketball Association (NBA) have retained Galatioto Sports Partners (“GSP”) to conduct a sale of the Team, it was announced today. GSP, acting as the Club’s exclusive financial advisor, will manage all aspects of the sales process. As such, all related inquiries should be made directly to GSP. Neither the Warriors nor GSP anticipate making any further public comments regarding the sales process until and unless a definitive agreement on a transaction is reached. The Warriors, currently majority-owned by Christopher Cohan, are a premier NBA franchise located in the San Francisco Bay Area, the fifth-largest market in the NBA. The team plays its home games in Oakland, California, at Oracle Arena. Galatioto Sports Partners, the leading sports advisory and finance firm, specializes in providing investment banking and innovative financing solutions to the global professional sports market. GSP was established in early 2005 by Salvatore Galatioto. The principals of the GSP have acted in a variety of capacities on more than 70 transactions in the major North American and European sports leagues.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... z0iy1ROZPA

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:42 pm
lol.... im checkin this thread every hour for updates... i'm surprised it's only on it's 4th page! i thought this one might've hit the record for "fastest to 100 pages."

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:53 pm
every post helps!

;)

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:54 pm
im watchin csn postgame live... they're gonna discuss the potential sale of the warriors in a minute or two

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:57 pm
weak! it was just a 10 second segment of matt saying how new owner = new hope... DUH!

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:47 pm
Pworld wrote:
first off wrote:espn's nba page has a pod cast about the dubs... I'm listening to it as i write.

Where???

my bad man, it was the nba today pod cast, I thought they would talk about it, since they had a picture of monta and nelly next to the play button, but it was just 45mins of NBA bull. sorry if I wasted anyones time.

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:50 pm
8th ave wrote:lol.... im checkin this thread every hour for updates... i'm surprised it's only on it's 4th page! i thought this one might've hit the record for "fastest to 100 pages."

yeah this site really needs an RSS / "subscribe to this thread" feature. hey mods/hobbes, any chance of that happening in the not-to-distant future?