*OFFICIAL WARRIORS SOLD THREAD*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:03 am
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:
Money Morrow wrote:Hallelujah!! hallelujah... hallelujah

Hallelujah! Hal le lu jahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

we're going to have to be patient, and probably lose a few of our favorite players, but hopefully, the new owners turn this franchise around and players start actually wanting to come here!!! that's what the fans deserve and the Bay Area market can support! best Monday in a long time!

I don't care who we lose, as long as it's no Curry or, if we don't have a better plan, Beans. I must admit I'll be rather pissed if we ditch Beans and go back to the "we have no NBA legit center" for a few more seasons.

Curry would be the biggest bummer to lose, only because we've just begun to see his brilliance in a Warrior uniform. There are a few others I would like to see stick around but I'm so ready for a new beginning I could even sacrifice them if it meant actually building a better team.
I'm sure many of the players, while unsure about where they will end up, are feeling pretty good about this news.

Starting Lineup
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:23 am
Since we're cleaning house can we get a new hype man while we're at it. LOL

Starting Lineup
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:53 am
CHAD THERE"S ALREADY A THREAD FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!! YA DOPE :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Hall of Famer
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:56 am
Maybe Vegi wrote:this is pretty real:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... september/

WARRIORS RETAIN GALATIOTO SPORTS PARTNERS TO CONDUCT SALE OF TEAM
Leading Sports Advisory and Finance Firm Has Participated In More Than 70 Major Sports Transactions

OAKLAND, Calif. – The Golden State Warriors of the National Basketball Association (NBA) have retained Galatioto Sports Partners (“GSP”) to conduct a sale of the Team, it was announced today. GSP, acting as the Club’s exclusive financial advisor, will manage all aspects of the sales process. As such, all related inquiries should be made directly to GSP.

Neither the Warriors nor GSP anticipate making any further public comments regarding the sales process until and unless a definitive agreement on a transaction is reached.

The Warriors, currently majority-owned by Christopher Cohan, are a premier NBA franchise located in the San Francisco Bay Area, the fifth-largest market in the NBA. The team plays its home games in Oakland, California, at Oracle Arena.

Galatioto Sports Partners, the leading sports advisory and finance firm, specializes in providing investment banking and innovative financing solutions to the global professional sports market. GSP was established in early 2005 by Salvatore Galatioto. The principals of the GSP have acted in a variety of capacities on more than 70 transactions in the major North American and European sports leagues.

Oh, god... seems like it's serious. I never thought I'd see this moment... but I don't want to say anything til it finally happens.

Role Player
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:03 am
Amen!!!!! I have not felt this good about Dubs since 2007!! I have suffered with this team for 30 years, and hopefully this is the light at the end of the tunnel!

Franchise Player
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:16 am
Ok, so TMC has just text me about this.........and the first thing I HAD to do was come down to the reception of our hotel and pay 2 Euros (3.5 bucks) to be able to post this =

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
HHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8) :) :) 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ohh my god, seriously............COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No-one hires, and pays for the services of, a major sports franchise selling company if it isnt serious!!!!

I dont give a sh*t..............the days of the real Bigs who is stimulated, motivated and envigorated by his team are about to return my brothers!!!

We are standing on the presepice of what is the important period of our team, in most of our life times...........things can and WILL only get better from here, once this goes down, and as Ive said many times............this isnt a positive thing happening to us like a good trade or a good pick (because they can still go wrong and not turn out)............this is the BEST thing that has/will happen to our team in my lifetime, because there are no negatives and it can only improve us.

So get ready my brothers and sisters!!! this is it...............the future is coming soon.

Ps: I just put in another 2 Euros to finish this post.............Ill be back on Sunday to cyber jump for joy. :wink:

Hall of Famer
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:22 am
bigstrads wrote:Ok, so TMC has just text me about this.........and the first thing I HAD to do was come down to the reception of our hotel and pay 2 Euros (3.5 bucks) to be able to post this =

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
HHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8) :) :) 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ohh my god, seriously............COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No-one hires, and pays for the services of, a major sports franchise selling company if it isnt serious!!!!

I dont give a sh*t..............the days of the real Bigs who is stimulated, motivated and envigorated by his team are about to return my brothers!!!

We are standing on the presepice of what is the important period of our team, in most of our life times...........things can and WILL only get better from here, once this goes down, and as Ive said many times............this isnt a positive thing happening to us like a good trade or a good pick (because they can still go wrong and not turn out)............this is the BEST thing that has/will happen to our team in my lifetime, because there are no negatives and it can only improve us.

So get ready my brothers and sisters!!! this is it...............the future is coming soon.

Ps: I just put in another 2 Euros to finish this post.............Ill be back on Sunday to cyber jump for joy. :wink:

I KNEW you'd find a way to post, bro. Even if it meant having to pay for it. :mrgreen: :D

Starting Lineup
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:43 am
Rehren1296 wrote:CHAD THERE"S ALREADY A THREAD FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!! YA DOPE :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

opps sorry.. that was one of the first things that popped into my head. LOL.. i'll look for that thread.

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:44 am
I am back....darnnn....its been few days but jetlag are killing me... :?

But, find out W's are for sale....i am so fukking Happy....My Blood are boiling again and feel a lot more younger...

Doesn't care who will buy the team...as long Cohan gone.....

We Believe..Finally Reborn... :wink:

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:49 am
GREAT NEWS!

dont want to jinx anything but im SO DAMN HAPPY to hear this... if i wasnt working i would be headed straight to my local bar for a couple of drinks...

DAMN!!!! this is seriously the best news ive heard in a long time!!

YES YES YES

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:52 am
This is great news for us long suffering Warriors fans. I hope its Larry Ellison or Lucas that ends up bying the team, but anybody that is willing to come in and make the team competetive will work for me. I want an owner who isnt just looking for a new toy, but wants to destroy the competition.

I would like to see Jerry West in a consultants role and maybe Rick Barry as some sort of special assistant. I dont think RB would make a good coach, but he does have a lot to contribute to youngsters like we have here.

Starting Lineup
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:52 am
Let's have a coming out party!! :bday: :headbang:
It would sure be nice to have an organization that hit the ground running and managed our draft. I'm not sure if Ellison is now any more encouraged. After all, he's already tried, and failed.
It would be nice if we could get a new owner(s) who wanted to boost fan morale and reward the loyal fanbase with a juicy free agent purchase like the Giants did when they purchased from Lurie and then signed Bonds.

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:58 am
oh good... it's not April 1st!!! :shock:

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:09 pm
War Years wrote:Let's have a coming out party!! :bday: :headbang:
It would sure be nice to have an organization that hit the ground running and managed our draft. I'm not sure if Ellison is now any more encouraged. After all, he's already tried, and failed.
It would be nice if we could get a new owner(s) who wanted to boost fan morale and reward the loyal fanbase with a juicy free agent purchase like the Giants did when they purchased from Lurie and then signed Bonds.

I agree. It would be awesome if the new owner wanted to make a splash. With a top 5 pick, all we really need is an impact PF and a guy like Evan Turner to transform this team.

Curry/Turner backcourt FTW.

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:18 pm
listen to the whole thing while you read the posts. its an awesome feeling.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RrdwElnTU[/youtube]

Tarantism wrote:did anybody get the trial access? I want to read the whole story haha.
Last edited by first off on Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.