*OFFICIAL WARRIORS SOLD THREAD*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:55 am
[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Hall of Famer
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:14 am
Could be huge

Franchise Player
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:27 am
if true, this would make this season a HUGE success!!!

Role Player
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:27 am
migya wrote:Could be huge

AMEN

Starting Lineup
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:39 am
:bday:

Starting Lineup
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:42 am
did anybody get the trial access? I want to read the whole story haha.

Franchise Player
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:48 am
Tarantism wrote:did anybody get the trial access? I want to read the whole story haha.

I doubt there is much to add since he just retained this firm. Perhaps there is some speculation in the article. no idea... but regardless, this is outstanding news and shows that Cohan is actually serious about selling the team and not just willing to hear offers.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:52 am
[-o<

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:06 am
Hopefully this isn't just a tease. He could just be stringing this out by deflecting things to a third party to get the pressure off him.

Ellison would probably drop off suitcases full of money and get the job done tonight, so why get an agency involved and give up some percentage of the sale to them?

It is all speculation, but you have to think it is a big mess in headquarters.

Rookie
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:36 am
this is pretty real:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... september/

WARRIORS RETAIN GALATIOTO SPORTS PARTNERS TO CONDUCT SALE OF TEAM
Leading Sports Advisory and Finance Firm Has Participated In More Than 70 Major Sports Transactions

OAKLAND, Calif. – The Golden State Warriors of the National Basketball Association (NBA) have retained Galatioto Sports Partners (“GSP”) to conduct a sale of the Team, it was announced today. GSP, acting as the Club’s exclusive financial advisor, will manage all aspects of the sales process. As such, all related inquiries should be made directly to GSP.

Neither the Warriors nor GSP anticipate making any further public comments regarding the sales process until and unless a definitive agreement on a transaction is reached.

The Warriors, currently majority-owned by Christopher Cohan, are a premier NBA franchise located in the San Francisco Bay Area, the fifth-largest market in the NBA. The team plays its home games in Oakland, California, at Oracle Arena.

Galatioto Sports Partners, the leading sports advisory and finance firm, specializes in providing investment banking and innovative financing solutions to the global professional sports market. GSP was established in early 2005 by Salvatore Galatioto. The principals of the GSP have acted in a variety of capacities on more than 70 transactions in the major North American and European sports leagues.

Starting Lineup
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:43 am
I don't know why Cohan thinks that italian ice cream is going to help him sell the team. Typical incompetent Warriors FO... :banghead:

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:50 am
My frown :( was just turned upside down :)

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:52 am
Hallelujah!! hallelujah... hallelujah

Hallelujah! Hal le lu jahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

we're going to have to be patient, and probably lose a few of our favorite players, but hopefully, the new owners turn this franchise around and players start actually wanting to come here!!! that's what the fans deserve and the Bay Area market can support! best Monday in a long time!

All Star
» Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:54 am
Money Morrow wrote:Hallelujah!! hallelujah... hallelujah

Hallelujah! Hal le lu jahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

we're going to have to be patient, and probably lose a few of our favorite players, but hopefully, the new owners turn this franchise around and players start actually wanting to come here!!! that's what the fans deserve and the Bay Area market can support! best Monday in a long time!

I don't care who we lose, as long as it's no Curry or, if we don't have a better plan, Beans. I must admit I'll be rather pissed if we ditch Beans and go back to the "we have no NBA legit center" for a few more seasons.