Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:46 am
rockyBeli wrote:first order of business: bring back Thunder

Im almost certain it was Mags under that

Starting Lineup
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:11 am
So how much are these guys worth? I'm pretty pissed right now. We could have had the deepest pockets and the most competitive SOB in the league but instead we get a guy who is already part owner of another franchise and an entertainer. Sounds like more squeezing of the dubs fans to come. This is just an initial reaction though. I'll wait and see what they do this off season. For some reason, I have a feeling they will keep Riley and company. I really hope I'm wrong but I get the feeling that nothing will change.

I feel like Ellison would have gone in like gangbusters and started handing out pink slips. If these guys start making moves right away (when can the deal become official?) then I will take back my words

Franchise Player
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:21 am
There's really no point in judging these guys just yet. They haven't done anything but agreed to sign a check for $450-460 million for the Warriors. They haven't hired or fired, anyone. They answered questions here and there, but nothing is for sure, yet. Wait and see who they bring in, who they let go... then we can start scrutinizing and praising.

For now, it's time to celebrate the end of a nightmare in Chris Cohan. The SOB is gone. 16 years of torture gone. Who cares that he's being paid all that money? The fact of the matter is that HE IS GONE, GET OVER IT. Pop the champagne, pull out the 40s, raise your shots, chug the beers.

Cause once the dust finally settles and it's time for the new owners to get down to business... we'll either continue celebrating or start scrutinizing. But for now, time to celebrate.

All Star
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:27 am
finally got home to enjoy the moment

IT'S A CELEBRATION BITCHES!!!!!

(and **** yer, those ARE Warrior pj pants)

Franchise Player
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:33 am

All Star
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:34 am
hahaha

Franchise Player
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:24 am
Wow...............I had some pretty sh*tty news yesterday that sent me into a little bit of a non communicative coma............just wanted to shut the world out for a day.

If I was to think of one of the few things that could cheer me up.............it would have been this!!! damn, I cant actually believe its happened. Very happy thats its going through before the season starts as well.

Dont care that its not Ellison, the guy seems to p*ss alot of people off with the way he conducts business..............so perhaps not the best person to have running a sports team where personal relationships and being able to call in favours is so key.

We are NOT moving..............book it.

Cohan...............I hope he realises that he is probably one of the top 3 worst owners in sports history...............just make sure you take that snivelling wiesel rat f*ck Rowell when you go you useless piece of sh*t.

Riley is a goner................book it.

Next out of the door = Nelson...............if our new man here knows ANYTHING about basketball, and has watched us recently................he should know that paying Nelson to coach his final year, will be more detrimental than paying him 6 million to go and drink himself to death in Mauii.

Change!!! my friends................the biggest and most positive change in my entire time following our team....................its a beautiful thing. 8)

Founder
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:48 am
While if I had my choice I would have preferred Larry buy the team, everything I have heard about Joe Lacob from various sources has been very good. He seems like a huge basketball fan, a Warriors fan, and is passionate about winning and restoring the franchise. How deep their pockets are remains to be seen, but I think the commitment to turning this franchise around is there.

The main point is that Cohan is gone. It should be a day of celebration.

All Star
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:59 am
Morning!

Yesterday was bitterwseet... I was invested in Ellison ( truly believed Ellison was our new owner ) and I was shocked when I found out Lacob purchased our Ws... But I woke up this morning feeling great! We got a new owner! No more Cohan! How could I not be happy? Got to be optimistic...

Lets enjoy!

Franchise Player
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:38 am
The think also to keep in mind that Ellison is a SERIOUS asshole. I think we got wrapped up in how much he is worth but as any sports fan knows, wealth does not make you a good owner.

Certainly we all love his "win at all costs attitude" but with that comes a lot of scumbag actions. I am glad that we have an owner that has a HUGE passion for THIS team. He is so much more dialed in to the ills of the team and the feelings of the fan base than Ellison.

Starting Lineup
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:53 am
I heard an audio clip, I think it was from the guy who managed the auction who said Ellison came in with a bid 3 minutes after the bidding was closed. He then defended the integrity of his auction business to counter any argument that he thought Ellison might make that he was being falsely bidded up.

Rookie
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:38 am
Well, looks like a status quo sale.
This was rigged and Rowell is probably staying.
"Entertainment Business" accolades all 'round.
Same old tired hypesters, hyping *innocently*.

No joy in Mudville.

CC, Signing Off.

All Star
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:47 am
E-Man wrote:
carlgo wrote:I have been posting that maybe Cohan didn't want to sell to Ellison. My concern was that he didn't want the Most Interesting Man to upstage him and make him look bad in comparison. Maybe though, to be fair, he simply didn't think Ellison would be a good owner. Maybe Cohan really tried to do the right thing for the fans. Or maybe for his employees.

As this is ready to post, Ratto is mentioned on tv saying the same thing, that Cohan didn't want to sell to Ellison and that we won't know for awhile why.

In any case, the new owners are local, seem committed, appear to be real fans of the team and know it well. Probably will be a fine ownership group and I am drinking Wild Turkey as a personal statement. What a sacrifice.

My friend was telling me that he read articles about Ellison's bid to up Lacob and Guber was submitted too late. I'm not sure when bidding was supposed to end or if there was a time limit to outbid the current bid, but it seems Ellison just missed out. Hard to say that Cohan would turn down more money if Ellison had offered it (I remember reading a post saying that Ellison was saying he was the highest bidder).

I'll see if I can get a link of that article my friend read.

Yes, I read that too, that Ellison tried to "score after the shot clock expired". Doesn't sound like he was really dialed in, does it. Then he complains that his bid was highest... highest after the bidding was over. I could have sent in a billion dollar bid knowing it wouldn't be accepted. Odd. This will be fun stuff to read about for a long time. In any case, the deed is done and here we go.

All Star
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 pm

Rookie
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:10 pm
Quazza wrote:finally got home to enjoy the moment

IT'S A CELEBRATION BITCHES!!!!!

(and **** yer, those ARE Warrior pj pants)

I have those same pj's