*OFFICIAL WARRIORS SOLD THREAD*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:32 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
KC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:“Although I was the highest bidder, Chris Cohan decided to sell to someone else. In my experience this is a bit unusual. Nonetheless, I wish the Warriors and their fans nothing but success under their new ownership,” said Larry Ellison.

can i get a link?

Yeah, its from the San Jose Mercury Blog that 8th ave posted.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... st-bidder/

thanks bro

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:37 pm
I've read a lot about him being a season ticket holder... but do we know if those are his personal tickets and he actually attends lots of games, or does his business own them (along with every other organization in town) to wine and dine customers?

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:39 pm
Lacob is a long time bay area guy. Well, Hollywood time guy, but he's been a long time Warriors season ticket holder for those who didn't know. Guber is a Vegas guy.

All the speculation and questions point towards why Cohan chose Lacob/Guber over Ellison when it was rumored Ellison added in a couple more millions than Lacob/Guber, but by that time it was too late.

Also, Pritchard is a possible GM candidate. He's a bay area guy and it's really come down to whether he GMs the Warriors or Hornets.

Steinmetz has been said there is a short list of candidates for the new Warriors head coaching job after Nelson. Erik Spolestra is on that list because he's young, he's a Riley guy... and if he suspects Riley would take over as head coach of the Heat this season, he can opt out of his contract.

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:41 pm
Interesting...

timkawakami
On KNBR, Galatioto implies Ellison's last bid was "well past" deadline for final bid. Deal with Lacob had been agreed to around July 4.

BASportsGuy
and make the shot, does it count?" -Galiatato on @damonbruce regarding Ellison's last bid. Also calls Ellison "unethical."

BASportsGuy
Sounds "connected" if you know what I mean. RT @Chris_Cohan This Galatioto guy is a douche bag. Oh boy. #gsw #warriors He's Cohan's friend.

Rookie
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:43 pm
jamesnamida wrote:There is no way this team is going to Vegas, period, no ties there, all ties in the bay area, and we have the better market.

I don't get why people are upset about Ellison not buying the team, Ownership has CHANGED!

But for the RECORD, id like to thank Cohan for NOT selling to Ellison, the highest bidder, and to Lacobs. Everyone was high on Ellison and his assumed path as owner that he will get a championship no matter what, we never know, we all assumed he would spend money because of his boat racing history. He's only been to see a Warriors game 1 time, and I dont see him giving a crap too much after he tries to win, but doesn't get there. You cant really just spend like crazy and have a 1 year turnaround to champions, it takes years of building and contending. He also might have looked to move the Team to SF or San Jose. even though I'm from SF, i believe it needs to be in the east bay.

Cohan if he did take the 2nd highest bid, must have liked how Lacobs has been a season holder of the warriors, how he knows for sure that they wont move the team.
We give alot of **** to Cohan because he doesn't spend on the Warriors to make them better, but honestly, its not like he is really the bad guy trying give an F U the team and the bay. He fails at ownership, but still i think he feels sorta sorry for the fans, and wanted an owner who CARED about the Warriors.

Great post. I totally agree. By the way, the Las Vegas rumor is totally bogus. Guber's company, Mandalay Entertainment, is in NO WAY affiliated with the Mandalay Bay hotel. It is just a similar name.

As much as I was rooting for Ellison, I have faith in these guys. They seem to know the in-and-outs of the sports entertainment very well and Lacob is a Bay Area guy(lives in Woodside/Portola Valley). Part of me feels like Ellison's ego could have been dangerous and there could have been some conflict down the road. I would rather have smart, saavy and passionate owners than a big pocketbook(although Ellison is a great competitor). The Knicks have spent a ton of money and have had 9 losing seasons, so money isn't necessarily EVERYTHING.

I'll be celebrating tonight for sure.

» Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:47 pm
First of all, I'm so glad that Cohan is finally gone. Second, for some reason, like the rest of you guys, I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't Ellison who bought the team, though, I don't know why I felt that way. I mean, I pretty much know much about him as I do about Lacob and Guber. Now, when I think about it, I'm really fine with Lacob taking over the team, especially after seeing that he's a 10 year season ticket holder.

I don't wanna bother with those moving to LV stories, cause I just don't wanna think of that at all, it would be one of the dumbest things to do.

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:03 pm
There was a rumor that some investors wanted to move an NBA team to LV.

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:08 pm
Not posting this to discredit the Warriors new owner; I'm posting because it's interesting.

http://blogs.wsj.com/venturecapital/201 ... ralliance/

Role Player
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:09 pm
If it is us it is the joke of the century. A bad joke.

» Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:11 pm
TRON wrote:If it is us it is the joke of the century. A bad joke.

I would cry... like no joke. Because not only is my team now gone, but because my default team would be the closest geographical team.... the Kings! :banghead:

Role Player
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:26 pm
Cheer up guys let's hope for the best.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d ... nba,256264

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:27 pm
I am still totally perplexed by this moving talk... especially to Vegas. What connection is there to Vegas. Lacobs is a bay area guy through and through and Guber is a hollywood guy

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:28 pm
Please fellow posters stop worrying about the team moving to Vegas. It will not happen. People don't pay a record amount of money to move a team elsewhere. They would buy the cheapest most dirty, inept, and filthy franchise and then move them elsewhere.

If somehow hell freezes over and it does happen, we will have a new team in here by the next morning. The Bay Area will never be basketball-less.

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:29 pm
bada wrote:I am still totally perplexed by this moving talk... especially to Vegas. What connection is there to Vegas. Lacobs is a bay area guy through and through and Guber is a hollywood guy

It's the unfortunate coincidence of both stories (Warriors being bought & investors in Vegas) coming out on the same day. And "Mandalay" coincidence.

Rookie
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:48 pm
there is no way we r movin to Vegas..

What is the use of a new logo?
We have one of the best sports fan in the NBA.. =D> *Woot Woot* =D>