*OFFICIAL WARRIORS SOLD THREAD*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:05 pm
Thompson tweet

gswscribe

You would think. @gsdubs shouldn't the highest bidder win??? Why else do it that way?

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:47 pm
Ellison appears to be the only bidder now, evidently triggering the reports that the team has been sold.

Cohan does need to sell, it isn't an option, so it would seem that a deal would be made fairly soon. What other choice is there? Even if he could hold out another year or so, could Cohan be able to handle all the hatred that would come his way, a hell of a lot more than there is now?

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:55 pm
Why prolong it when you know no one's going to give you 450 million? Ellison is the only one that's gonna go into the 400 million mark... no one dares to try to outbid him there.

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:02 pm
id pay 450 million to see ellison and cohan fight to the death

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:07 pm
well either way he HAS to seel before the new tax laws

ffs Cohan, for once, just for fking once, stop being such a fkhead

Hall of Famer
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:12 pm
Always f*cking this franchise til the very last minute... typical Cohan... :banghead:

Role Player
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:56 am
TMC wrote:Always f*cking this franchise til the very last minute... typical Cohan... :banghead:

Lol.

Say that again my friend.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:14 am
xbay wrote:Why prolong it when you know no one's going to give you 450 million? Ellison is the only one that's gonna go into the 400 million mark... no one dares to try to outbid him there.

Ellison is being smart and looking to buy as cheap as possible, I'd do the same. This franchise is a sham right now and not at it's highest worth

Rookie
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:53 am
So, after Ellison buys the team, what happens next? New GM? New coach?

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:42 am
Has that ever happened? Has a new owner in the sports world ever come in and immediately cleaned house like that? Bill Nuekom sure as **** didn't

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:53 am
Rehren1296 wrote:Has that ever happened? Has a new owner in the sports world ever come in and immediately cleaned house like that? Bill Nuekom sure as **** didn't

Nuekom was already part of the ownership group, he didn't purchase the Giants. Huge difference.

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:16 am
When the sale goes through I think we would all expect some sort of announcement about the plans for the team. My guess is that Riley stays because he really does seem to be competent. I am probably one of the few who thinks Nelson will stay, although on a very short leash and without and room to "maneuver". He will be given a chance to coach rationally and end his career on an up note.

Maybe not. We will see.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:21 am
I think we'll have to wait a full season to see real changes in the team. This front office has assembled this team, and it's too late to replace them in time for next season.

Still, I think, eventually, there will be a new staff, both coaching and in the front office. It wouldn't surprise me if Pritchard is our new GM by this time next year... no clue about what may happen with the coach, tho.

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:39 am
TMC wrote:I think we'll have to wait a full season to see real changes in the team. This front office has assembled this team, and it's too late to replace them in time for next season.

Still, I think, eventually, there will be a new staff, both coaching and in the front office. It wouldn't surprise me if Pritchard is our new GM by this time next year... no clue about what may happen with the coach, tho.

I would love to see Pritchard as the new GM, but if that is the case, I think he is going to have to be retained in some capacity this season. Bring him in as an advisor to Riley or something like that. Too much can happen around the league to let a quality GM like him sit in the Front Office FA pool.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:53 am
Steinmetz just tweeted: Source: Larry Ellison will NOT be the next owner of the Golden State Warriors. :? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: