*OFFICIAL WARRIORS SOLD THREAD*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:36 pm
KNBR.COM IS REPORTING THAT THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE NEW OWNER IS COMING SOON AHHH MAN IT"S LEGIT

Starting Lineup
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:42 pm
Well now I am kind of feeling like it was just a ploy to trick me into opening the 680 and the 1050 stream at the same time like a loser...

Role Player
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:53 pm
I doubt they know anything secret; they're probably just going to recap what we already know and give some opinions on the matter. Also it says to tune into 680 so you don't need two streams open. ::razz:

Rookie
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:59 pm
I hope it will close tomorrow, I bought a bunch of orcl stocks last friday. Even though buying the warriors will not affect their stock much if at all. I'm just hoping hype from Ellison will raise it 5-6%. its already up 2% from friday.
side not-
GOODBYE CC

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:40 pm
Guybrush wrote:
Quazza wrote:how long you been a Warrior fan GB?

You're referring to me?

Well, since I started watching NBA pretty much, and that was when I was like 10-12, so, over 10 years I guess. Why do you ask, though?

Oh no real reason mate. Always curious about new non American board members is all

» Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:52 pm
Quazza wrote:
Guybrush wrote:
Quazza wrote:how long you been a Warrior fan GB?

You're referring to me?

Well, since I started watching NBA pretty much, and that was when I was like 10-12, so, over 10 years I guess. Why do you ask, though?

Oh no real reason mate. Always curious about new non American board members is all

No problems, mate, I didn't wanna sound like a jerk, just thought you maybe had some other reason.

It was a lot harder when I was a kid to watch the games, less TV channels and usually they'd broadcast games of the teams like Sacramento while Divac and Stojakovic were there (pretty much everyone here cheered for them back then), though that wasn't that long ago; and internet here was crap. So, it wasn't easy to watch the Warriors (well, any game because of the time difference), but I do manage to watch some games live when I have time adn don't have to wake up early. When I don't have time, I just watch ot later, though, the feeling is not the same (or I just watch the highlights sometimes).

Role Player
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:10 pm
Uh-oh. Sale is on hold according to Thompson.

Cohan wants $450 million.

Practically the entire Bay Area waits to see what comes of the negotiations going on right now for the purchase of the Golden State Warriors. But the process is being held up. The so-called imminent sale keeps getting held off. Why?

Perhaps it is because no one has hit the number owner Chris Cohan has in his head: $450 million.

According to a source with knowledge of the negotiations, Cohan, at this point, will not take lower than $450 million. No one has hit that mark yet, so the impasse has set in. Cohan and his hired guns are trying to at least get his minimum, and the potential suitors trying to sell for less.

Will Cohan take his team and go home or eventually come down off his minimum price?

Will the bidders cave and give Cohan what he wants or will they take their offers and go home?

Matt Steinmetz from CSN Bay Area is reporting there is a bid above $400 million on the table, but Cohan wants more. When I check that through a source, the response was “Duh?” So it looks like Cohan can sell the Warriors for a record price, but he wants to shatter the record.

That’s where we are right now. Not sure how long we’ll be there.

Link

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:17 pm
GoldenStJayhawk wrote:Uh-oh. Sale is on hold according to Thompson.

Cohan wants $450 million.

Practically the entire Bay Area waits to see what comes of the negotiations going on right now for the purchase of the Golden State Warriors. But the process is being held up. The so-called imminent sale keeps getting held off. Why?

Perhaps it is because no one has hit the number owner Chris Cohan has in his head: $450 million.

According to a source with knowledge of the negotiations, Cohan, at this point, will not take lower than $450 million. No one has hit that mark yet, so the impasse has set in. Cohan and his hired guns are trying to at least get his minimum, and the potential suitors trying to sell for less.

Will Cohan take his team and go home or eventually come down off his minimum price?

Will the bidders cave and give Cohan what he wants or will they take their offers and go home?

Matt Steinmetz from CSN Bay Area is reporting there is a bid above $400 million on the table, but Cohan wants more. When I check that through a source, the response was “Duh?” So it looks like Cohan can sell the Warriors for a record price, but he wants to shatter the record.

That’s where we are right now. Not sure how long we’ll be there.

Link

Typical Cohan.. just sell the team or put a gun in your mouth... i don't care.

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:27 pm
see! THIS is why I was not getting happy!

SUCK IT COHAN!!!!

» Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:28 pm
well, if the selling process was in fact in the final stages, only to be yanked by Cohan, it could be a breach of contract on the rules set out by the third party administering the sell of the team. Something like this is going on right now with the selling of the Texas Rangers baseball team, where Nolan Ryans group was the highest bidder, only for the owner to just ignore the highest bidder and look for new candidates. Nolan Ryan and Co. immediately sued the current owner and are probably going to win. Hopefully, Cohan is stupid enough to continue to hurt his image. And Stern should step in. He steps into so much useless ****, this should be an upmost importance to his brand.

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:30 pm
I would assume there was language in the process that said Cohan reserves the right at any time to decline any bids... or he set a reserve amount of $450 mil and that he would not be forced to accept a bid under that amount.

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:35 pm
I can only imagine a well publicized act like this would only drive the value down if it shifted to another potential buyer. Cohan should take what he can, he did everything in his power to drive down the value of the team, however because of the fans, the value is where it is. Cohan, just go away.

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:38 pm
unreal that he is NOT taking an offer that is over $400 mil. That is a RECORD price never been seen before and he STILL wants more. This is not the freakin LAKERS Cohan!

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:39 pm
bada wrote:unreal that he is NOT taking an offer that is over $400 mil. That is a RECORD price never been seen before and he STILL wants more. This is not the freakin LAKERS Cohan!

my point exactly, he's lucky he can get what is offered. Does he owe that much in taxes? lol

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:04 pm
No one is going to pay $450 million for the Warriors, not even Ellison, unless someone tries to outbid Ellison and he outbids them back or if Ellison wants to. But even I doubt that. Typical Chris Cohan here... only wanting more than he bargained for. He's been selfish his entire life as owner of the Warriors, why stop now eh? :banghead: