*OFFICIAL WARRIORS SOLD THREAD*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:27 pm
Chum wrote:
PAWNO wrote:What about Magic Johnsons health?

I thought he had AIDS... I've been waiting for him to die since like 1991... What the **** Happened?

I'm pretty sure he bought the cure.

Yeah... The CIA decided he could have the cure, but no one else.....

ask Migya, he knows all about it :^o :wink:

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Money wrote:
Chum wrote:

I thought he had AIDS... I've been waiting for him to die since like 1991... What the **** Happened?

Oops. I should have capitalized. I meant that he bought the band The Cure :)

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:48 pm
yeah I heard Robert Smith was a big Warrior fan...

Franchise Player
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:03 pm
Money wrote:
Chum wrote:

LOL! freakin genious comment Money!

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:27 pm
Got this off ESPN Rumor Central

Warriors closer to being sold
9:05
AM ETGolden State Warriors TopEmailFrom The Oakland Tribune:

"According to a source with knowledge of the negotiations, two groups have separated themselves from the pack with their bids. And owner Chris Cohan, the source said, is even more confident now that his franchise will sell for more than $400 million. ... If only two groups remain, the winning bidder could be identified by August. The source said the purchase of sale agreements are going through final tweaks that could include increased offers."

And reading a few posts earlier about Bidders being told about the Lee deal I'd assume that a deal is close. Also, with the potential signing of Dorell Wright, I'd want to say there is already a potentially clear leading bidder, who is approving such decisions. Being only 21 days away from August, I assume the only things left are to finalize the deal and sign the papers. The only set back I could imagine happening would be the 2nd party outbidding the lead party (who had to have bid a good amount to make the 2nd party think about outbidding them).

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:39 pm
Mastrov or Ellison. No Guber or whoever the other one is.

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:50 pm
I don't like how mastrov was "identified" as one of the bidders, but ellison wasn't... what if one of those other clowns, the hollywood mandalay guy or the wall street guy is the other, and ellison simply won't go over 315, 000,000????? that wouldn't be good folks....

Franchise Player
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:53 pm
warchief wrote:I don't like how mastrov was "identified" as one of the bidders, but ellison wasn't... what if one of those other clowns, the hollywood mandalay guy or the wall street guy is the other, and ellison simply won't go over 315, 000,000????? that wouldn't be good folks....

like I said earlier, I dont think it even matters where Ellison is in the bidding process... from all accounts Cohan will allow Ellison the opportunity to beat the highest bid before he accepts. So if true, Larry does not really need to show his hand.

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:10 am
I really don't want mastrov. Read somewhere, one of his guys, who scarily enough is named rowelly, said something a long the lines of we've been a successful club cos we've made a lot of money

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:44 am
All 24 Hour Fitness cares about is money. They give you shitty equipment and car salesman like employees. Do not want.

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:47 am
Quazza wrote:I really don't want mastrov. Read somewhere, one of his guys, who scarily enough is named rowelly, said something a long the lines of we've been a successful club cos we've made a lot of money

****! I hate hearing **** like this. It's Dunleavy talk with Ellison vs. this kind of crap with Mastrov :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Now I'm leaning back toward Ellison. I'm sure Dunleavy wants to win games at least.

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:59 am
Chum wrote:
Quazza wrote:I really don't want mastrov. Read somewhere, one of his guys, who scarily enough is named rowelly, said something a long the lines of we've been a successful club cos we've made a lot of money

****! I hate hearing **** like this. It's Dunleavy talk with Ellison vs. this kind of crap with Mastrov :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Now I'm leaning back toward Ellison. I'm sure Dunleavy wants to win games at least.

Yeah, I mean at this point it's just speculation about how the owners are gonna be. Sure Ellison is competitive, but how do we know he wouldn't do the same thing as Cohan (ie, no winning but excellent business/ticket sales)? And the Dunleavy thing, how do we know he'll get the job if Ellison buys? We don't, the only thing that was said was Dunleavy would be a CANDIDATE according to "sources."

Franchise Player
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:50 am
JayPat wrote:
Chum wrote:

Yeah, I mean at this point it's just speculation about how the owners are gonna be. Sure Ellison is competitive, but how do we know he wouldn't do the same thing as Cohan (ie, no winning but excellent business/ticket sales)? And the Dunleavy thing, how do we know he'll get the job if Ellison buys? We don't, the only thing that was said was Dunleavy would be a CANDIDATE according to "sources."

Yeah, there's no telling what Ellison would do. It isn't always about winning titles in the NBA. There are some people out there just to make money... and the NBA is a perfect place to do that. The bay area is a perfect place to do that as well... loyal fanbase that keeps coming year after year of losing. So you never know. Everyone wants to expect and assume Ellison would change the culture into a winning one. It's not always about being competitive in winning titles more titles than the other teams, but also making more money than the other teams.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:21 am
xbay wrote:
JayPat wrote:
Chum wrote:

Yeah, there's no telling what Ellison would do. It isn't always about winning titles in the NBA. There are some people out there just to make money... and the NBA is a perfect place to do that. The bay area is a perfect place to do that as well... loyal fanbase that keeps coming year after year of losing. So you never know. Everyone wants to expect and assume Ellison would change the culture into a winning one. It's not always about being competitive in winning titles more titles than the other teams, but also making more money than the other teams.

So true. I have higher hopes with Ellison than with any other, but no certainty whatsoever. And the Dunleavy talk just makes me nervous... bringing in a perennial loser to run this team won't do much to increase our hopes of change.

Still, I think I've swung back to Ellison after reading that crap about Mastrov. I know a few things about Ellison, nothing at all about that Mastrov guy, so I'm willing to take your word about his motives...

Buy this thing quick, Larry!!!!

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:08 am
Ellison is the way to go... No matter who buys, it's going to take some time to get their bearings and start pushing this organization in the right direction. Even if Ellison is all about making money at first, I feel confident that the ego it took to capture America's Cup will eventually take over and he will want an NBA championship. He's got the money, he's got the determination. He just needs to listen to the right people.