Curry is SOOOOO GOOOOOD

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:55 pm
bada wrote:
The Coooach wrote:Well King I suggest you go back and look at the draft posts here. Most people on this board did not want Curry before ofr after the draft. I'm proud to say I was touting Curry well before the draft. if others were saying that they are big fat liars. Most of these guys hated the Curry pick. I'm having a ball watching them eat crow.

As I have said before, I will admit that I was one of those that Curry was not at the top of my list. Lawson is the guy I really wanted and if the draft was held today, Lawson STILL might be my choice, although Curry has more than impressed me. I didn't think he would have as good as PG skills and instincts as he has shown.

While I had a few players above Curry on my wish list, I was exstatic that we did not end up with Jennings. That was the one guy I really did not want and while he has had some great games, I still would not want any part of that guy.

Lawson is awfully good. he needs to go to another team so he can get more playing time. Unfortunately, he is playing behind a young, allstar point guard.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:00 pm
The Coooach wrote:
bada wrote:
The Coooach wrote:Well King I suggest you go back and look at the draft posts here. Most people on this board did not want Curry before ofr after the draft. I'm proud to say I was touting Curry well before the draft. if others were saying that they are big fat liars. Most of these guys hated the Curry pick. I'm having a ball watching them eat crow.

As I have said before, I will admit that I was one of those that Curry was not at the top of my list. Lawson is the guy I really wanted and if the draft was held today, Lawson STILL might be my choice, although Curry has more than impressed me. I didn't think he would have as good as PG skills and instincts as he has shown.

While I had a few players above Curry on my wish list, I was exstatic that we did not end up with Jennings. That was the one guy I really did not want and while he has had some great games, I still would not want any part of that guy.

Lawson is awfully good. he needs to go to another team so he can get more playing time. Unfortunately, he is playing behind a young, allstar point guard.

Im sure Billups wont be in Denver too long. He isnt too young. 32 isnt young by NBA standards. It will be good for in the long run to learn under someone like Billups before having to take over the team.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:04 pm
Jennings will win ROY, the Italians were hating on him bad claiming bad attitude, this and that.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:05 pm
He certainly will never be the shooter that Curry is, but I think is a better facilitator (although curry is better than I thought he would be in this regard). And man, is Lawson quick. But he is also phenominal in the half court game. I like his versatility is being able to play in any pace.... Allows a lot of creativity in game management depending on the situation.

But all things said, I am very happy with Curry and will miss watching him play during my self impossed Warriors boycot.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:09 pm
bada wrote:He certainly will never be the shooter that Curry is, but I think is a better facilitator (although curry is better than I thought he would be in this regard). And man, is Lawson quick. But he is also phenominal in the half court game. I like his versatility is being able to play in any pace.... Allows a lot of creativity in game management depending on the situation.

But all things said, I am very happy with Curry and will miss watching him play during my self impossed Warriors boycot.

Overall this was a great PG draft, I like this boycott idea, man its going to like fasting, wish you luck, can I suggest a knew thread behind your reason, although to me its pretty obvious, and probably feel the same way.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:13 pm
bada wrote:He certainly will never be the shooter that Curry is, but I think is a better facilitator (although curry is better than I thought he would be in this regard). And man, is Lawson quick. But he is also phenominal in the half court game. I like his versatility is being able to play in any pace.... Allows a lot of creativity in game management depending on the situation.

Monta probably won't be playing tonight. Won't it be tough to boycot when Curry will probably be the go to scorer?

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:30 pm
Chum wrote:

Monta probably won't be playing tonight. Won't it be tough to boycot when Curry will probably be the go to scorer?

The big queston will be whether Anthony Morrow can get off his shot without a lot of help.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:09 pm
All I can say guys is this.....Curry, 36 points 7/11 3pt FG's. =D

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:39 pm
Triple double gotten by last split-second shot by Clipps bounced off rim to Curry and buzzer went off right as he caught it for tenth rebound. He was mobbed by team and fans were happy.

A rare happy time for Ws.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:01 am
Hey, good performance by Curry, but one game isn't everything. He has played great for a couple of weeks or so definately, if not longer, but consistency is the key if he is to be untouchable for trades

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:13 am
migya wrote:Hey, good performance by Curry, but one game isn't everything. He has played great for a couple of weeks or so definately, if not longer, but consistency is the key if he is to be untouchable for trades

The sooner we get rid of Monta, the sooner Curry's impact will be consistent.

Sorry to repeat myself, but that's how it is.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:40 am
Watch out Tyreke Evans, here comes Stephen Curry! If I'm not mistaken, Stephen Curry posted the first triple-double for any rookie this season. =D
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:47 am
KingJames1223 wrote:Watch out Tyreke Evans, here comes Stephen Curry! If I'm not mistaken, Stephen Curry posted the first triple-double for any rookie this season. =D
Yup, Curry might end up the most deserving rook, but he still has a ways to go number wise.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:17 am
since I dont watch games anymore, just have the boxscore to go on, but 36 team assists!!!! WOW.

Did it appear the ball movement was much better without Monta out there, or did it just look like the Clipps did not care much?
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:28 am
bada wrote:since I dont watch games anymore, just have the boxscore to go on, but 36 team assists!!!! WOW.

Did it appear the ball movement was much better without Monta out there, or did it just look like the Clipps did not care much?

Certainly was a game worth breaking the boycott for............with some history in there aswell.

Season highs for us in points, 3's and assists.

Curry recording the first Warrior rook trip D since Webber.

Curry recording the first rook 30/10/10 game since KJ in 1988.

Curry becoming one of only 6 rook's EVER to have a 35/10/10.

Bravo young sir, bravo. :D
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball