Curry is SOOOOO GOOOOOD

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:16 pm
The Coooach wrote:I think what hurt Steph was what i feared and blogged about when the season started. He had to take a back seat to Jackson and Monta at the beginning of the year. He was even the 4th option behind those 2 plus Magette. there was more than a few on this board that did not want Curry to look for his shot. Well his great shot is what allowed the other players to get open. It really opened the drving lanes for monta nad Magette. His shot also set-up the big men inside. to bad Biedrins didn't take full advantage of it.

BTW; I don't think Biedrins ever fully healed after his injury last year.

I agree. I think if he started the entire season, this would of been his award.

I'll say it before and I'll say it again... and someone said it before me, so props to them. Curry played behind two me-me-me players in Mags and Monta. He had a bunch od d-leaguers and injured big men. Tyreke was the man in Sac. Curry was not... and he still put up amazing numbers in a bad situation.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:30 pm
IMO right now, we got the best player in last years draft. At pick 7, that's pretty sweet
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:26 am
Quazza wrote:IMO right now, we got the best player in last years draft. At pick 7, that's pretty sweet

Evans is a real good player, but Curry looks like a better fit for the team at least

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:07 pm
Our boy made it on the USA Basketball Team. He'll compete for a spot on the final roster for FIBA and possibly, the 2012 games.

Warriors guard Stephen Curry has been named to USA Basketball’s 2010-12 National Team, USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo announced today. Curry is one of four additions to the national team, joining Tayshaun Prince (Detroit Pistons), Tyreke Evans (Sacramento Kings) and Jeff Green (Oklahoma City Thunder).

USA Basketball’s 2010-12 Men’s National Team roster now stands at 31 players, and all available players will be expected to participate in a USA Basketball training camp July 19-24 in Las Vegas. The training camp, which will culminate with an intrasquad game, will help determine who makes the 2010 USA World Championship Team that will participate in the 2010 FIBA World Championship in Turkey. For more details on the training camp, click here.

“We’re excited about the addition of these four outstanding players,” Colangelo said. “In adding Tyreke and Stephen we have brought into the national team fold two of the game’s most exciting and promising newcomers.”

“The addition of Tayshaun, Jeff, Stephen and Tyreke to our national team roster adds additional veteran experience, versatility, and young talent,” said USA and Duke University head coach Mike Krzyzewski. “Although we have a number of players who were members of the 2006-08 national team returning to the 2010-12 national team pool, we are beginning a new selection and team building process and I believe the addition of these four players will help strengthen our national team program in several areas over the next three years.”

Curry was a member of the 2007 USA U19 World Championship Team that finished 8-1 and in possession of the silver medal. The 6-3 guard averaged 9.4 points, 3.8 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 2.8 steals per game for the United States. During his rookie campaign with the Warriors this season, he averaged 36.2 minutes, 17.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, 5.9 assists, 1.9 steals per game while shooting 46.2 percent from the field, 43.7 percent on three-pointers and 88.5 percent from the foul line.

Among NBA rookies he finished 2009-10 ranked first in 3-point field goals made, assists and steals, ranked second in scoring, 3-point field goals attempted, field goals made, free throw percentage and efficiency ranking (18.95), third in field goals attempted, fourth in double-doubles (12), fifth in 3-point percentage, fifth in free throws made and attempted, 10th in rebounding and 23rd in field goal percentage. Curry finished runner-up for 2010 NBA Rookie of the Year honors.

The 2010-12 USA National Team coaching staff is led by Duke University’s Hall of Fame coach Krzyzewski, and features as USA assistant coaches Syracuse University’s Hall of Fame coach Jim Boeheim, New York Knicks head mentor Mike D'Antoni and Portland Trail Blazers head coach Nate McMillan.

The 2010 World Championship is being held Aug. 28-Sept. 12 in Turkey. See the full roster of the 2010-12 USA Basketball Men’s National Team below:

I'd post the roster, but it came out weird when I copied and pasted. So here's the link if you wanna check... http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/curry_national_team_050410.html

I doubt he gets a spot... but hey, being recognized already is good enough for me.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:10 pm
xbay wrote:Our boy made it on the USA Basketball Team. He'll compete for a spot on the final roster for FIBA and possibly, the 2012 games.

Warriors guard Stephen Curry has been named to USA Basketball’s 2010-12 National Team, USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo announced today. Curry is one of four additions to the national team, joining Tayshaun Prince (Detroit Pistons), Tyreke Evans (Sacramento Kings) and Jeff Green (Oklahoma City Thunder).

USA Basketball’s 2010-12 Men’s National Team roster now stands at 31 players, and all available players will be expected to participate in a USA Basketball training camp July 19-24 in Las Vegas. The training camp, which will culminate with an intrasquad game, will help determine who makes the 2010 USA World Championship Team that will participate in the 2010 FIBA World Championship in Turkey. For more details on the training camp, click here.

“We’re excited about the addition of these four outstanding players,” Colangelo said. “In adding Tyreke and Stephen we have brought into the national team fold two of the game’s most exciting and promising newcomers.”

“The addition of Tayshaun, Jeff, Stephen and Tyreke to our national team roster adds additional veteran experience, versatility, and young talent,” said USA and Duke University head coach Mike Krzyzewski. “Although we have a number of players who were members of the 2006-08 national team returning to the 2010-12 national team pool, we are beginning a new selection and team building process and I believe the addition of these four players will help strengthen our national team program in several areas over the next three years.”

Curry was a member of the 2007 USA U19 World Championship Team that finished 8-1 and in possession of the silver medal. The 6-3 guard averaged 9.4 points, 3.8 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 2.8 steals per game for the United States. During his rookie campaign with the Warriors this season, he averaged 36.2 minutes, 17.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, 5.9 assists, 1.9 steals per game while shooting 46.2 percent from the field, 43.7 percent on three-pointers and 88.5 percent from the foul line.

Among NBA rookies he finished 2009-10 ranked first in 3-point field goals made, assists and steals, ranked second in scoring, 3-point field goals attempted, field goals made, free throw percentage and efficiency ranking (18.95), third in field goals attempted, fourth in double-doubles (12), fifth in 3-point percentage, fifth in free throws made and attempted, 10th in rebounding and 23rd in field goal percentage. Curry finished runner-up for 2010 NBA Rookie of the Year honors.

The 2010-12 USA National Team coaching staff is led by Duke University’s Hall of Fame coach Krzyzewski, and features as USA assistant coaches Syracuse University’s Hall of Fame coach Jim Boeheim, New York Knicks head mentor Mike D'Antoni and Portland Trail Blazers head coach Nate McMillan.

The 2010 World Championship is being held Aug. 28-Sept. 12 in Turkey. See the full roster of the 2010-12 USA Basketball Men’s National Team below:

I'd post the roster, but it came out weird when I copied and pasted. So here's the link if you wanna check... http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/curry_national_team_050410.html

I doubt he gets a spot... but hey, being recognized already is good enough for me.

Just wondering... but what's Eric Gordon doing there??? I don't agree much with Kendrick Perkins either, but I can get it, being a big man and all... but Gordon?.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:14 pm
Yeah, I dont think curry gets a spot but is more to get him experience and exposure to get him ready for 2012
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:07 pm
Yeah WTF at Gordon and Perkins.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball