Curry is SOOOOO GOOOOOD

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22190
» Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:30 pm
I would be so much happier and even consider paying attention to this team if they didn't even have a candidate for ROY. I'd know we'd have a good team then

Starting Lineup
Posts: 886
» Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:46 pm
The Coooach wrote:Last I remember the award was called Rookie Of The Year. Not the best rookie point guard. So it doesn't matter if he is a point guard or not.


I was just stating that I didn't feel that calling him a point guard was appropriate. It had nothing to do with my question or opinion. Just a statement.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22190
» Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:26 am
Looking at the stats of the three top rookies, Evans, Jennings and Curry, and all three have very good stats for rookies, Curry may have the least of them all, between him and Jennings, but very close. I'd pick Curry's season over Jennings, because he hasn't had the ball to do what he wants the whole time, Jennings has. Evans is the clear leader and I do think Curry will have to continue as he has been performing the last few weeks for the rest of the season

All Star
Posts: 2956
» Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:04 am
Evans' game is more Dwayne Wade, who's game is similar to Michael Jordan. Therefore, Tyreke game is like the grandson of Michael Jordan.

Rookie
Posts: 77
» Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:22 am
Curry was ballin yet again today. 32 points/9 rebounds but only 3 assists. I was at tonight's game. He's playing with so much confidence. Shooting and even attacking the basket. Watch out Evans, here comes the Curry! =D

BTW, greatest game I've ever watched live. Down 17 to start the 4th and outscore the Hawks 35-14 to win it. Epic man, epic!
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22190
» Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:17 am
If Curry continues like this he'll definately challenge for the ROY award
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5907
» Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:57 am
migya wrote:If Curry continues like this he'll definately challenge for the ROY award


The key word is winning too..

Good to see the Warriors swing back into the win Colum (what is that 3 out of 4 wins over the last 5 Games. :D

For bad coaching... This DON NELSON guy really motivates his rookies for further progression in life..

Sure The CWebb experiment was a **** up... But without Nellieball guys like T-M-C SPREE - DIRK NOWITZKI - STEVE NASH - BARON DAVIS - MONTA ELLIS n Now STEPHEN CURRY wouldnt have blossomed into such wonderful athletes!!!

WOW.... think Nellie gets inducted into the hall of fame this year!!! Just watch.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:11 am
PAWNO wrote:For bad coaching... This DON NELSON guy really motivates his rookies for further progression in life..


Since Pawno is being serious with this comment, it is hands down one of the funniest things I have read on this board.

Simply absurd
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:25 am
bada wrote:
PAWNO wrote:For bad coaching... This DON NELSON guy really motivates his rookies for further progression in life..


Since Pawno is being serious with this comment, it is hands down one of the funniest things I have read on this board.

Simply absurd


Yeah, Webber is a good example of that... :wink:

All Star
Posts: 1218
» Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:31 am
Fitz the other day said, in effect "Nash is great, Curry looks like he could be great. Who is the coach they both had?"

Then his annoying knowing, smarter-than-you chuckle, like it was so obvious...

Nelson, sounding very, very tired, said Curry has prospered because he got playing time!. This from a coach who, if given a choice, won't play rookies because they "aren't ready to play" and learn best by being yanked around, placed into the doghouse, doing well and they being benched for a couple of games, etc, all the Nellie HOF coaching techniques.

All Star
Posts: 2956
» Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:45 am
How about those guys were pretty good ball players, anyway? Coach gets waaaay too much credit. I guess Mike Brown gets credit for LeBron?

Nelly will never, and should not ever, make the HOF.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:53 am
The Coooach wrote:How about those guys were pretty good ball players, anyway? Coach gets waaaay too much credit. I guess Mike Brown gets credit for LeBron?

Nelly will never, and should not ever, make the HOF.


Come on Cooach, we all know Magic Johnson would have been NOTHING without Paul Westhead as his coach and of course we all know that Michael Jordan would have been out of the league in 3 season had it not been for that great coaching he got in his rookie year by Kevin Loughery :wink:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1530
» Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:44 am
If the Warriors pass the Kings in the standings, and I think they will, and Curry continues to play well I think he gets the ROY.

Personally I think we are much better off winning a few games down the stretch than tanking for a slightly higher draft pick percentage.

I'd happily shave off 3 or 4% from our top rookie draft pick chances for a Curry ROY and a Warriors team that gets some confidence back before going into the summer.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 886
» Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:01 am
Chum wrote:If the Warriors pass the Kings in the standings, and I think they will, and Curry continues to play well I think he gets the ROY.

Personally I think we are much better off winning a few games down the stretch than tanking for a slightly higher draft pick percentage.

I'd happily shave off 3 or 4% from our top rookie draft pick chances for a Curry ROY and a Warriors team that gets some confidence back before going into the summer.


I totally agree. The benefits of gelling and having some success down the stretch for such a young team are much greater then the difference in lottery percentage. Especially in a draft as deep as this one, if we don't have a legit shot at John Wall then anything from 2-8 or 9 will probably still net you a pretty good player.

All Star
Posts: 2320
» Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:15 am
i don't understand people who says curry did it because he was great and needed no coaching already (which might be ture) and at the same time saying that nelson does a very bad job handling randolph. either you stick to the idea that players don't need coaching and all credit is to them, or you say that they need coaching and some players got better coaching from nelson, and give credit where it's due. otherwise it all just looks like anything that is happening good with warriors is, well, because there is no coaching, and anything that is bad is, well, because there is no coaching.
how about not being so stubborn and using 2 possible (even moreso - one) variables in every situation? curry was and is certainly much better player than anthony randolph and it's a no brainer that he gets more respect and freedom game wise than randolph. how about using the same logic giving curry credit for being so great that he can change and make coach play him so much in case of randoph? maybe he is not so great after all as a player yet? hence, at least, divide the BLAME where it's proper.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests