Curry is SOOOOO GOOOOOD

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:26 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:Why does the team need to replace AB? Because he can't shoot free throws? Or because it's time to give up on our 6-11, 245 pound 23-year-old because he's at the end of his career?

What AB needs is a PF, not a SF playing the 4. Beans was a 60% shooter with great hands when Baron was in town, and I for one don't think it's time to ditch him.

AB has been pretty awful when he has played this season. Also, this guy isn't going to improve anymore, he is what he is, a rebounder and pretty good shot blocker that doesn't score much and needs a very good PG to be maximised in the little he can do offensively.

AB is worth the money he gets, but not by much and he is not a cheap contract

Yeah true, I don't think he's found his rhythm this season, yet with all the injuries. But I still can't defend him for the season he's been having. He has really been a disappointment.

Though, Stuck makes a point. Andris' partner in the post has always been someone who shouldn't be playing PF at all. Al Harrington was a PF in a SF's body. He can't rebound compared to all the other PF's, his game is perimeter oriented, and his defense is average at best. Corey Maggette is a SF, period. The fact that he plays PF is ridiculous, but of course... that's Don Nelson for you.

If AB had another body that can bang down low for rebounds and what not, then we may see a different Andris. The guy can't do it by himself.

AR could be that player, as he certainly rebounds, blocks shots and scores, does it all actually, very well. I just would rather have AR at PF and AJefferson at Center and if you look, AJ doesn't get much more money than AB a season.

If the team doesn't get the #1 pick, getting Wall with it and doing the trade like Wall and either Maggette or AB for AJefferson, then AB and BW might be enough to get AJeff. It's an instant upgrade from AB to AJefferson and you add the lottery pick and the team is at least much better in talent

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:52 am
Andris, like alot of players in this league..............needs a good PG to make him look better and more efficient.

Funny how we loved Andris when Baron was here..............and as soon as Baron goes, thats when we start to say how "in-efficient" he is, and how he isnt progressing.

He hasnt progressed one single bit since his 2nd year, only slightly less foul trouble............the rest is just the same, no range, free throws, hes now bigger and stronger.............he looks worse/like what he is now because we dont have a PG.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:56 pm
migya wrote:
The Coooach wrote:Curry's quick release reminds me of Chris Jackson. Remember him? The kid that changed his name to Abdul Rauof. Out of LSU. He had a very good NBA career until he refuse to put his hand over his heart for the pledge of allegiance. This guy was a dynamic scorer too in college. he was the star right before Shaq. I think they played a year or two together. I could be wrong there.

I remember Chris Jackson/Mahmoud Abdul Rauf. He was awesome, just a great shooter unlike many I've seen, but he should have had a better career than he had. Had like 50 something points in a game in his one and only season in college. Left just before Shaq arrived there, but had he had stayed, what a duo

Hey mig. remember when Rauf became a Muslim he also became a vegetarian and I think that took away a lot of his physical strength. he really shriveled up into being a weakling. He also was unbelievablely quick.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:10 am
Curry with 15 assists tonight. I'm tellin yall, we have a PG. Curry is off the hook yall. Back-to-back nights with near triple-doubles. Fillin up the stat sheets. That is all. =D

CJ with 40 was random, but very nice. =D
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:46 am
KingJames1223 wrote:Curry with 15 assists tonight. I'm tellin yall, we have a PG. Curry is off the hook yall. Back-to-back nights with near triple-doubles. Fillin up the stat sheets. That is all. =D

Give him Randolph, a star big man, a FO that knows what it's doing and a real head coach... and we have ourselves a winning formula.

Man, that ROY race is close. I think Evans and Curry are the top two candidates since Brandon Jennings started falling off every month. Maybe we should hold Monta out for the rest of the season so Curry can do his thing. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:54 am
xbay wrote:
KingJames1223 wrote:Curry with 15 assists tonight. I'm tellin yall, we have a PG. Curry is off the hook yall. Back-to-back nights with near triple-doubles. Fillin up the stat sheets. That is all. =D

Give him Randolph, a star big man, a FO that knows what it's doing and a real head coach... and we have ourselves a winning formula.

Man, that ROY race is close. I think Evans and Curry are the top two candidates since Brandon Jennings started falling off every month. Maybe we should hold Monta out for the rest of the season so Curry can do his thing. :mrgreen:

Don't have to worry. The Warriors will trade Monta today.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:45 am
The Coooach wrote:
xbay wrote:

Maybe we should hold Monta out for the rest of the season so Curry can do his thing.

Wow! I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure Monta will understand. :-o :)
[/quote]
I'm not worried, not a chance.
Last edited by War Years on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
War Years

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:51 am
Curry for RotY:

http://warriors.realgm.com/articles/170 ... candidate/

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:11 am

Yeah, it's a 2 man race now.Curry does have some ground to cover.Though I doubt, it will happen, there is 2 months left so it's not impossible.
War Years

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:21 am
War Years wrote:

Yeah, it's a 2 man race now.Curry does have some ground to cover.Though I doubt, it will happen, there is 2 months left so it's not impossible.

I personally haven't been able to understand why everybody love Tyreke Evans so much? He is good at getting to the rack, but isn't he a fairly one dimensional player beyond that?

I didn't want Curry in the draft, but man have I flip flopped on that since. The kid does everything on the court (besides on ball defense). Plus, the record gap between Warriors and Kings is only two games, and the Warriors have been killed by injuries (whatever their other shortcomings are).

I am not saying that it should be far and away Curry over Evans. I am not even saying that Curry should win it. I just don't get why people say that it's such a no-brainer that Evans is the front runner. Can anybody explain that to me?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:29 am
Tarantism wrote:
War Years wrote:

I personally haven't been able to understand why everybody love Tyreke Evans so much? He is good at getting to the rack, but isn't he a fairly one dimensional player beyond that?

I didn't want Curry in the draft, but man have I flip flopped on that since. The kid does everything on the court (besides on ball defense). Plus, the record gap between Warriors and Kings is only two games, and the Warriors have been killed by injuries (whatever their other shortcomings are).

I am not saying that it should be far and away Curry over Evans. I am not even saying that Curry should win it. I just don't get why people say that it's such a no-brainer that Evans is the front runner. Can anybody explain that to me?

Yeah, those 6-6 PG's that avg 20pts, 5 reb, 5 assists per game suck! :wink:

You realize that ONLY Lebron is doing that, with Kobe and Dwayne Wade very close. And this is for a ROOKIE! Evans deserves ALL his praise, but that does not or should not take away from the praise that Curry should receive.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:34 am
bada wrote:
Tarantism wrote:
War Years wrote:

Yeah, those 6-6 PG's that avg 20pts, 5 reb, 5 assists per game suck! :wink:

You realize that ONLY Lebron is doing that, with Kobe and Dwayne Wade very close. And this is for a ROOKIE! Evans deserves ALL his praise, but that does not or should not take away from the praise that Curry should receive.

First: Evans isn't a PG. I don't care what position he is listed as.

That being said...I didn't know that statistic about Evans, but that's why I asked the question. Certainly makes more sense now. Thanks bada.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:19 am
Tarantism wrote:Evans isn't a PG. I don't care what position he is listed as.

Certainly. He was forced to play PG because of Martin, and while able to do so, he's just perfect for a SG, a kind of "point-shooting-guard" if you want to... but more of a SG with the complete package than anything.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:40 am
Last I remember the award was called Rookie Of The Year. Not the best rookie point guard. So it doesn't matter if he is a point guard or not.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:11 pm
Evans is the perfect "combo guard". He can and DOES play both.

Like coach said, not sure why that even matters but he certainly is not a one-dimensional player.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball