Curry is SOOOOO GOOOOOD

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:30 am
I know Migya would, but would anyone else want to trade Curry even if we got John Wall with the #1 pick?

While it wouldn't work out in the long run, it would be cool to see Curry/Monta/Wall and two tough bigs for rebounding and D in the paint.

The passing, shooting and aeronautics would be sick! Nellie would probably get a smallball boner.

All Star
» Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:33 am
PAWNO wrote:
The Coooach wrote:Well King I suggest you go back and look at the draft posts here. Most people on this board did not want Curry before ofr after the draft. I'm proud to say I was touting Curry well before the draft. if others were saying that they are big fat liars. Most of these guys hated the Curry pick. I'm having a ball watching them eat crow.

Come on bro, I never remembered it that way!!! Sure there was the doubters who said a Curry/Monta backcourt couldn't work.. But to say MOST PEOPLE are DUMB n YOUR some KIND OF WONDER SCOUT!!!

I think you need to dismount from your own dick

Wait... are you saying the Monta/Curry backcourt has worked? They've both looked good out there but this team hasn't won, and more often than not it's the guards on the other teams who are torching us.

Declaring anything has worked this year sounds to me more like Fitz and Brooks than reality.

All Star
» Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:41 am
without absolutely any knowledge on the draft (and I stated that at the time) I wanted Jennings- I had no idea why, but he was the one for me lol

Very happy with Steph

All Star
» Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:50 am
my rankings for who i wanted us to get:

tyreke
brandon
steph

im more than happy with steph though. still would live to have tyreke or BJ ... both meanings

Hall of Famer
» Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:43 am
Chum wrote:I know Migya would, but would anyone else want to trade Curry even if we got John Wall with the #1 pick?

While it wouldn't work out in the long run, it would be cool to see Curry/Monta/Wall and two tough bigs for rebounding and D in the paint.

The passing, shooting and aeronautics would be sick! Nellie would probably get a smallball boner.

No point going with a three guard lineup, even if it was a great three guard lineup.

If the team get the top pick in this draft, they have to trade at least one of either Monta or Curry, even both, or trade Wall. I'd actually trade all three if it got us a Chris Paul and AJefferson or signed for 15 million no more Amare. You get sure things there and then just have to build around them, though you could probably trade those three guards for Paul and either AJeff or Amare, so the rest of the roster could stay intact and I think AR, Maggette and Morrow could stay, as they would likely fit well with Paul and either AJ or Amare

Hall of Famer
» Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:45 am
Dr. Spaceman wrote:I don't want to look back at posts from last june, but I remember supporting Curry. I think he was my 2nd (might have been third behind Holliday) choice behind Ty Lawson who I figured we could trade back for. I was really intrigued by Lawson in this system, but had no objections to Curry. However, I remember most Mock Drafts didn't have him dropping to us at #6. Good thing Kahn had one of the most questionable drafts I can think of recently.

Lots of good PG play has come from this draft class. Even sleeper picks like Darren Collison are making valuable contributions. Curry has seemingly improved every month and looks like when all is said and done could be one of the best players from this draft.

Curry probably is the best fit for the team as it is. Maybe Evans would have been as good, but Curry really seems to fit in well. He has pulled his own weight and shown promise

Franchise Player
» Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:34 am
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:
PAWNO wrote:
The Coooach wrote:Well King I suggest you go back and look at the draft posts here. Most people on this board did not want Curry before ofr after the draft. I'm proud to say I was touting Curry well before the draft. if others were saying that they are big fat liars. Most of these guys hated the Curry pick. I'm having a ball watching them eat crow.

Come on bro, I never remembered it that way!!! Sure there was the doubters who said a Curry/Monta backcourt couldn't work.. But to say MOST PEOPLE are DUMB n YOUR some KIND OF WONDER SCOUT!!!

Wait... are you saying the Monta/Curry backcourt has worked? They've both looked good out there but this team hasn't won, and more often than not it's the guards on the other teams who are torching us.

Declaring anything has worked this year sounds to me more like Fitz and Brooks than reality.
'

No im not implying that!!

I think a lot of people questioned how Curry/Ellis could co-exsist, but your spot on with the analysis of us not winning with both of them

More taking a dig at the COOACCH for making us all look like idiots, when thats not the case

All Star
» Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:39 am
What happens to your defense if you play an entire game, game after game?

I have seen both Curry and Ellis play excellent D at times. They can do it.

All guards get by their defenders! Jeez, why this "lock down" stuff that goes on forever here. It is a MYTH. Does anyone "lock down" Ellis?, Does anyone lock down Nash? NO. Guards are too quick to stop more than occasionally.

So, Curry and Ellis can do fine defensively if they have help inside and if they get ordinary rest so they can play both ends of the court with equal effort.

At this point, they don't have much help inside. The team rarely plays two bigs and if your one big guy inside is either Turiaf or AB, the team is in trouble in more than one way. Actually, the guards drop down to help out our handicapped big ment a lot. Look at all the rebounds Curry and Ellis get, and fouls underneath. They do this at the price of not closing out on 3-point shooters as often as they should.

I think that the Curry/Ellis combo is very good, the clear strength of this team. It is the only strength of this team, so why attack it all the time?

My biggest problem is that I am not at all sure Ellis likes this arrangement, being the #2. I think he is real sensitive about this and you just don't see Ellis acting too thrilled about this. He has that "when is my new little brother going to go away?" look of resentment. It is hard to tell, though, because he has kind of a quirky personality to start with.

Curry sometimes has the wtf did I get myself into demeanor.

You see Curry learning very, very quickly. Ellis has to make the same mistake about five times before he changes his approach. Very stubborn.

Not perfect, but pretty special, so let's keep the only good part of this team and build on that.

All Star
» Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:16 am
carlgo wrote:What happens to your defense if you play an entire game, game after game?

I have seen both Curry and Ellis play excellent D at times. They can do it.

All guards get by their defenders! Jeez, why this "lock down" stuff that goes on forever here. It is a MYTH. Does anyone "lock down" Ellis?, Does anyone lock down Nash? NO. Guards are too quick to stop more than occasionally.

So, Curry and Ellis can do fine defensively if they have help inside and if they get ordinary rest so they can play both ends of the court with equal effort.

At this point, they don't have much help inside. The team rarely plays two bigs and if your one big guy inside is either Turiaf or AB, the team is in trouble in more than one way. Actually, the guards drop down to help out our handicapped big ment a lot. Look at all the rebounds Curry and Ellis get, and fouls underneath. They do this at the price of not closing out on 3-point shooters as often as they should.

Well, something certainly isn't working. I always get a chuckle when Fitz seems baffled on the telecasts that some guard who normally doesn't shoot 50% from 3 is burying the Warriors, or that the Warriors are just snake bit because yet another team is performing well above average against the Dubs.

Fact is, we don't stop anyone. Could Ellis and Curry be better with more rest and a bigger presence down low? Sure, anyone would be. How good is my question.

All Star
» Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:27 am
PAWNO wrote:

So you can suck it asshole.

All Star
» Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:29 am
KingJames1223 wrote:I think Monta does a pretty darn good job guarding the NBA's premiere shooting guards. Monta has locked down the likes of Brandon Roy and Kobe Bryant this season. I'm not saying He'll shut them down every time, but he does a good job. But, I do have to admit that he can't guard the bigger shooting guards, mainly Kevin Durant. But, you gotta take into consideration that Kevin Durant is like 6'9"-10.

I agree with you on the AB problem. He's tall but has no meat on him. And that causes our team to become very vulnerable on the boards and on the defensive end in the post. But, there's not much we can do unless we some how pull off a trade for Amar'e or Bosh.

You and I think a lot alike on this point.

All Star
» Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:42 am
Kevin Durant is not a shooting guard.....

Re: the draft. I liked Tyreke Evans. I had no idea he would do this well, I just liked the write up on him, and thought he might compliment Monta with his size.

I was happy with Curry because I knew he had skills too. His distribution skills are vital.

All Star
» Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:34 am
I laugh when I read that the Warriors have no guard that can guard Kobe, Wade, Roy, Lebron, etc. Who can guard those guys? Monta does as good a job as anyone. Those type of superstars can't be guarded by 1 man. BTW, who cna guard Monta?

Our backcourt has not lost 1 game for the Warriors this year. We have a very talented backcourt that gives other teams fits. They almost songle-handedly beat Dallas last night. When the warriors play other teams, even when they were healthy, the opponent thinks about the backcourt, not the front court of the Warriors. Here's what you never here: "OK guys, here's how we are going to stop Biedrins and Turiaf tonight."

All Star
» Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:44 pm
The Coooach wrote:I laugh when I read that the Warriors have no guard that can guard Kobe, Wade, Roy, Lebron, etc. Who can guard those guys? Monta does as good a job as anyone. Those type of superstars can't be guarded by 1 man. BTW, who cna guard Monta?

Our backcourt has not lost 1 game for the Warriors this year. We have a very talented backcourt that gives other teams fits. They almost songle-handedly beat Dallas last night. When the warriors play other teams, even when they were healthy, the opponent thinks about the backcourt, not the front court of the Warriors. Here's what you never here: "OK guys, here's how we are going to stop Biedrins and Turiaf tonight."

C'mon, Coach. You can't isolate the Warriors losing to any one thing. Sure, the guards are quality players, but to excuse them from the team's woeful performance this year ain't fair to the other players.

Sure, Monta and Curry score, but the inconsistencies with turnovers and defense ain't helping the Dubs win. And when you list guys who can't be stopped, sure, they're going to get their's, but you can still keep them from going off for season highs. The Warriors are the poster children of the season high.

I don't place blame on any specific player or element of this team. I do know it's not working and I don't think we should be excusing any player because hypothetically we don't think it's their fault.

Franchise Player
» Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:29 pm

As I have said before, I will admit that I was one of those that Curry was not at the top of my list. Lawson is the guy I really wanted and if the draft was held today, Lawson STILL might be my choice, although Curry has more than impressed me. I didn't think he would have as good as PG skills and instincts as he has shown.

While I had a few players above Curry on my wish list, I was exstatic that we did not end up with Jennings. That was the one guy I really did not want and while he has had some great games, I still would not want any part of that guy.