Curry is SOOOOO GOOOOOD

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:31 pm
I'm sitting here watching tonight's game vs. the Mavs. Curry is shooting the lights off the building. I love the fact that he's starting to play the way he did in college. Fearless to take that off the dribble jumper, or off the screen and even the 3pt. And, his passing is getting better and better each night. Folks, I know this has been said here already, but we got ourselves a point guard. GO WARRIORS!

P.S. Morrow is shooting pretty well himself. =P Good to see him start again.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:25 pm
Well King I suggest you go back and look at the draft posts here. Most people on this board did not want Curry before ofr after the draft. I'm proud to say I was touting Curry well before the draft. if others were saying that they are big fat liars. Most of these guys hated the Curry pick. I'm having a ball watching them eat crow.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:37 pm
Haha! I honestly thought we were drafting Jordan Hill. But, when Stephen Curry was available, I hope and prayed that we would draft him regardless of how Monta felt about drafting a point guard. And when we did, I went crazy! Curry was lights out in college and I knew that it wasn't gonna translate into the NBA, but, it is starting to show now. Curry is definitely playing his game now. His progression throughout this season is making me feel really good about picking him up. And I still think he has a very legitimate shot at winning Rookie Of The Year. But yeah, I was never opposed of drafting Curry so me and you should just laugh at everybody who hated on him. =D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:07 pm
If Curry can be a proper PG and a very good one, he's a keeper, if not, he's a tweener and needs to go.

Curry and Monta is a wrong backcourt, just not going to work in being a winning team. One or both has to go

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:09 pm
The Coooach wrote:Well King I suggest you go back and look at the draft posts here. Most people on this board did not want Curry before ofr after the draft. I'm proud to say I was touting Curry well before the draft. if others were saying that they are big fat liars. Most of these guys hated the Curry pick. I'm having a ball watching them eat crow.

search my posts buddy, had him as the #2 PG in the draft behind jennings and predicted them both to be great

kapow

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:17 pm
Our team is small period so I don't think it even matters if Curry/Monta remain as our backcourt next season.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:29 pm
KingJames1223 wrote:Our team is small period so I don't think it even matters if Curry/Monta remain as our backcourt next season.

In order for the team to be a winner, the backcourt also needs to be changed. Problem with having a Curry and Monta backcourt is defensively, as neither can guard a usual SG, as they are a bit small and not strong enough.

There is a need for other changtes as well, not just one or both of Monta or Curry having to go. Right now AB is average at best, as can be seen by Gooden ripping him today

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:45 pm
I think Monta does a pretty darn good job guarding the NBA's premiere shooting guards. Monta has locked down the likes of Brandon Roy and Kobe Bryant this season. I'm not saying He'll shut them down every time, but he does a good job. But, I do have to admit that he can't guard the bigger shooting guards, mainly Kevin Durant. But, you gotta take into consideration that Kevin Durant is like 6'9"-10.

I agree with you on the AB problem. He's tall but has no meat on him. And that causes our team to become very vulnerable on the boards and on the defensive end in the post. But, there's not much we can do unless we some how pull off a trade for Amar'e or Bosh.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:29 am
The Coooach wrote:Well King I suggest you go back and look at the draft posts here. Most people on this board did not want Curry before ofr after the draft. I'm proud to say I was touting Curry well before the draft. if others were saying that they are big fat liars. Most of these guys hated the Curry pick. I'm having a ball watching them eat crow.

I'll admit I didn't want curry when he was picked. I was kinda in the boat for Evans, kinda for Jennings, curry just seemed to skinny and not athletic enough for me. I thought we were going with that forward from arizona (who's name escapes me at the moment).

Honestly though, between Flynn Evans and Jennings, I think anyone of those guys would have been successful with the dubs.
Flynn is on a team without the fire power of the dubs (despite that they are about to pass us and take third worst team in the land - GSW 2nd). I think if you moved him here, everyone would be talking crazy shi about him. while his jumper isn't there yet, I don't think Nelson would be as cautious to have Flynn on the floor without monta, as he is with curry.
You can't sit here and say that having a 6'5" combo guard that can do what Evans does, wouldn't be nice to have with monta.
Jennings, despite being less efficient has whomped Curry when they've met up.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:33 am
KingJames1223 wrote:I think Monta does a pretty darn good job guarding the NBA's premiere shooting guards. Monta has locked down the likes of Brandon Roy and Kobe Bryant this season. I'm not saying He'll shut them down every time, but he does a good job. But, I do have to admit that he can't guard the bigger shooting guards, mainly Kevin Durant. But, you gotta take into consideration that Kevin Durant is like 6'9"-10.

I agree with you on the AB problem. He's tall but has no meat on him. And that causes our team to become very vulnerable on the boards and on the defensive end in the post. But, there's not much we can do unless we some how pull off a trade for Amar'e or Bosh.

Monta's had some good games, but you can't ignore how badly the Warriors have been torched by backcourt players this year. Don't confuse Monta for a lock down defender. He plays for steals and may give a player fits on some nights, but he's part of the worst defensive team in the league.

AB has meat on him. He's 6-11, 240. Sure, he's no Bynum, but he's not Anthony Randolph or Brendan Wright either. Hell, he's listed heavier than Bosh. He's got an NBA body. He's also only 23.

As for the trades... if we could trade Bosh and give him a max deal, I'd give up just about everyone except Curry and Beans, and hopefully Ronnie. A front court with Beans at the 5, Bosh at the 4 and Ronnie coming off the bench would be ideal.

If you can keep your center/PG duo in tact with while adding an impact 4 I think we'd be much, much better off. I know folks are down on Beans but you really NEED to let a star 4 play the 4.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:36 am

I don't remember many hating on Curry. I had zero opinion because I don't watch the farce that is college basketball. I do remember many folks hating Jennings, who I liked based solely on an HBO special I saw on the kid.

I do remember you saying that Curry was better than CP3. That hasn't happened yet Mr. Prophet. :mrgreen:
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:39 am
The Coooach wrote:I'm proud to say I was touting Curry well before the draft. if others were saying that they are big fat liars.

:roll:

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:58 am
I'm not saying Monta is a lock down defender but you are right, he does have good nights and bad nights on defense. I think his offense covers up his not so great defense. But still not an excuse not to play better on D.

240 is not enough meat to be a center in the NBA. Look at all the other centers in the NBA. At least 255 pounds or more. AB would have to drink 3 protein shakes a day to ever get to that weight. Haha! But, if we were able to get him to play alongside Bosh, I think that would be lethal.

Obviously, it would've been nice to draft Evans. But, there was no way we would've been able to draft him. All I can say is this; Curry is playing really well and took rookie of the month away from Evans for the month of January and is currently on pace to take February. =P
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:13 am

Come on bro, I never remembered it that way!!! Sure there was the doubters who said a Curry/Monta backcourt couldn't work.. But to say MOST PEOPLE are DUMB n YOUR some KIND OF WONDER SCOUT!!!

I think you need to dismount from your own dick
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:20 am
I don't want to look back at posts from last june, but I remember supporting Curry. I think he was my 2nd (might have been third behind Holliday) choice behind Ty Lawson who I figured we could trade back for. I was really intrigued by Lawson in this system, but had no objections to Curry. However, I remember most Mock Drafts didn't have him dropping to us at #6. Good thing Kahn had one of the most questionable drafts I can think of recently.

Lots of good PG play has come from this draft class. Even sleeper picks like Darren Collison are making valuable contributions. Curry has seemingly improved every month and looks like when all is said and done could be one of the best players from this draft.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball