OFFICIAL Warriors 2010 Draft thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:10 pm
David Wood wrote:He's the one, Bada. Is there any chance he doesn't go number 2?

No, I dont think so. I think it is pretty much a lock. I guess unless someone who has the #2 pick really has a huge need for a post player and falls in love with Favors or Cousins. But that is a stretch.

Turner is the most ready to contribute right away than anyone in the draft.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:44 pm
I was thinking maybe the Pistons or Kings might want a big instead of a swingman like Evans.

I know the Warriors NEED a big man, but I feel like Evans is the perfect cog in a winning machine. A perfect 3rd option behind Monta and Steph, Turner seems like a player that truly makes his team win more games. Plus he averaged 9.2 rebounds! Turner seems to be able to fit in perfectly on a team and fill the role needed.

We know Beans is much better than what he showed this year; when healthy he's a solid 5. We know Randolph is one of the better rebounders out there and Monta plus Steph are good rebounding guards. Our squad could be high scoring and respectable on the boards while being almost mediocre on defense. If we can stay healthy, I think we finally have a roster that we can assign good roles with

Franchise Player
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:48 pm
David Wood wrote:I was thinking maybe the Pistons or Kings might want a big instead of a swingman like Evans.

I know the Warriors NEED a big man, but I feel like Evans is the perfect cog in a winning machine. A perfect 3rd option behind Monta and Steph, Turner seems like a player that truly makes his team win more games. Plus he averaged 9.2 rebounds! Turner seems to be able to fit in perfectly on a team and fill the role needed.

We know Beans is much better than what he showed this year; when healthy he's a solid 5. We know Randolph is one of the better rebounders out there and Monta plus Steph are good rebounding guards. Our squad could be high scoring and respectable on the boards while being almost mediocre on defense. If we can stay healthy, I think we finally have a roster that we can assign good roles with

Oh lord no. Not with Monta. That would not work in my mind. If we draft turner, Monta has to go. That is too many people that need the ball in their hands to be effective. I dont mind having 2 ball handlers in the game but 3 is just too much, unless Monta would be comfortable going back to defering to someone else.

Keep in mind that despite his listed position, Turner in essence played PG for Ohio St. He initiated the offense and that is when he was special. When he went to playing off the ball, I thought he looked much more pedestrian. Did not seem to have a great feel for playing off the ball say like a Wes Johnson does.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Monta is at his best cutting to the rim without the ball and picking his spots to get the ball and go one on one. He plays/shoots much better from the wing IMO than from the top of the key with the ball. We both know that telling Monta what his role should be and him actually doing it are very different things. I feel like he can revert to when he was at his best playing the two guard and shooting a high percentage (he needs to find his j again).

I thought Turner played point out of necessity at Ohio, but from the games I've watched you're right that he does handle the ball. However I think a smart player like him can adapt and be an all-around player. Rugged defense and smart half court decision making are attributes we desperately need and he can do both.

That said, if we could move Monta and Beans for a legit 7 footer I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Franchise Player
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:15 pm
David Wood wrote:Monta is at his best cutting to the rim without the ball and picking his spots to get the ball and go one on one. He plays/shoots much better from the wing IMO than from the top of the key with the ball. We both know that telling Monta what his role should be and him actually doing it are very different things. I feel like he can revert to when he was at his best playing the two guard and shooting a high percentage (he needs to find his j again).

I thought Turner played point out of necessity at Ohio, but from the games I've watched you're right that he does handle the ball. However I think a smart player like him can adapt and be an all-around player. Rugged defense and smart half court decision making are attributes we desperately need and he can do both.

That said, if we could move Monta and Beans for a legit 7 footer I'd do it in a heartbeat.

It probably could work if we HAD to make it work, however trying to get a quality big here we would have to go for that.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:20 pm
You think if we hit the lotto we could ship the number 1 to LAL for Bynum? Wall would be the perfect compliment to Kobe now and into the future as Kobe ages and passes the torch. Maybe they trade us Bynum for Wall and we trade them Beans for their second rounder.

It's a dream, but lets figure this out! How are we going to land our big man?

Franchise Player
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:25 pm
How about we draft this dude? lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jME6TEctLLY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Franchise Player
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:26 pm
David Wood wrote:You think if we hit the lotto we could ship the number 1 to LAL for Bynum? Wall would be the perfect compliment to Kobe now and into the future as Kobe ages and passes the torch. Maybe they trade us Bynum for Wall and we trade them Beans for their second rounder.

Honestly I would rather have Wall.

All Star
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:30 pm
Chad Ford is saying that all five Kentucky players who are going out for the draft could go lottery. Crazy.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:42 pm
bada wrote:
David Wood wrote:You think if we hit the lotto we could ship the number 1 to LAL for Bynum? Wall would be the perfect compliment to Kobe now and into the future as Kobe ages and passes the torch. Maybe they trade us Bynum for Wall and we trade them Beans for their second rounder.

I have to agree, even though Bynum fits a need much more. Thing is that Bynum seems to get injured seriously every season and that is a big factor, otherwise I'd probably do that, even to the Lakers, BUT I'd ask for Bynum and one other player, even their 1st rounder in this draft

All Star
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:36 pm
bada wrote:How about we draft this dude? lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jME6TEctLLY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I bet you this kid has already been offered 5 figures by USC. Ridiculous. I hope to see him in the NBA one day.

Role Player
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:48 pm
migya wrote:
bada wrote:

I have to agree, even though Bynum fits a need much more. Thing is that Bynum seems to get injured seriously every season and that is a big factor, otherwise I'd probably do that, even to the Lakers, BUT I'd ask for Bynum and one other player, even their 1st rounder in this draft

I agree, bynum is a good guy too have on this team but hes get injuyed way too often. What i would do if i got the first pick is that i would trade it for the 2nd pick along with a legit big man, too get Turner. Or i would draft evan turner with the first pick. i really think evan tuner is the guy that we need, he a big guard that rebound, pass the ball and score. pairing him along side curry is a site too see. For monta i would trade him to get a all star big man or Evan a decent big man that can play post and run the ball, someone like David west, or David lee

All Star
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:24 pm
metalface wrote:
bada wrote:How about we draft this dude? lol

I bet you this kid has already been offered 5 figures by USC. Ridiculous. I hope to see him in the NBA one day.

He's only 5-1. Get back to me when he's 6-3 or taller and then we'll talk future NBA players.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:52 pm
hellkiller wrote:
migya wrote:
bada wrote:

I agree, bynum is a good guy too have on this team but hes get injuyed way too often. What i would do if i got the first pick is that i would trade it for the 2nd pick along with a legit big man, too get Turner. Or i would draft evan turner with the first pick. i really think evan tuner is the guy that we need, he a big guard that rebound, pass the ball and score. pairing him along side curry is a site too see. For monta i would trade him to get a all star big man or Evan a decent big man that can play post and run the ball, someone like David west, or David lee

The team gets a top 2 pick, really good position for trading.

I'd look to get a real superstar by trading the top 2 pick and Monta or Maggette. I know many of the superstars are unattainable, but surely offering the chance of Wall and Monta would make the GMs think. A dream would be to get Durant, talk about unattainable, especially since they are winning now. If AJefferson was a sure thing to get back to how he was, I'd do that trade for him and CBrewer

Starting Lineup
» Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:03 am
Well I, for one am rooting for Hasheem Thabeet to seriously tear it up these last few games with Marc Gasol out. They might then trade him in the offseason looking to save face for taking Thabeet number two.

We could really use him to bang up against the likes of his brother, Kaman, Yao, Duncan, and the other bigs that always destroy us. Taking away that automatic post scoring advantage that teams have against us would go along way to tilting things in our favor.