corey maggette hurt by boos

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:19 pm

Corey Maggette says he feels hurt, confused and a bit angry that fans have been booing him lately during home games at Oracle Arena.

"It's not pleasant at all," Maggette told The Oakland Tribune. "I remember the time when Al Harrington was here, and he was getting booed and he was asking to be traded. And I saw it when Stephen Jackson was here, and he was asking to be traded. And now, I'm getting booed for wanting to be part of this team through all this nonsense."

i feel kinda bad.... but if he doesn't wanna hear boos just stop shooting jump shots!!!

Franchise Player
» Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:15 pm
Well there you go..........guy just DOESNT get it does he?

I mean there are alot of players who admit that they arent playing all that well and so would have atleast included a comment like this, ala = "I dont like the boo's but I havnt been playing well so Ill try and silence them"

But this is Corey Maggette.........its how hes always been, its what he is, its what you get with him on your team, so of course he doesnt see that he is doing anything worse than normal.

Keep it Corey!!! through a hissy fit, start talking in the third person and hopefully your useless/team flow killing ass will be out of here aswell.

All Star
» Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:16 pm
bigstrads wrote:Well there you go..........guy just DOESNT get it does he?

I mean there are alot of players who admit that they arent playing all that well and so would have atleast included a comment like this, ala = "I dont like the boo's but I havnt been playing well so Ill try and silence them"

But this is Corey Maggette.........its how hes always been, its what he is, its what you get with him on your team, so of course he doesnt see that he is doing anything worse than normal.

Keep it Corey!!! through a hissy fit, start talking in the third person and hopefully your useless/team flow killing ass will be out of here aswell.

Duke-Played the victim card
Clippers-Played the victim card
and now the Warriors-Playing the victim card

what's the fkn common denominator here Corey!?

Rookie
» Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:18 am

who the hell DO you want on this team? it seems as if you want everyone gone. we traded jamal for a pile of **** and your happy, we trade sjax for a pile of more sh.i..t your happy again...guess you want a more shi.ttty team. what a smart fan you are.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:23 am
Quazza wrote:

Duke-Played the victim card
Clippers-Played the victim card
and now the Warriors-Playing the victim card

what's the fkn common denominator here Corey!?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Dude should have gotten used to being booed at this point of his career.

All Star
» Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:57 am
Actually, the boos have made him a better player. His stupid shots are down, his passing game has stepped up, as has his rebounding and defense. I think he is a better player now and a valuable one as well.

He should thank the fans for helping coach him. Those boos cascading down when he fires off a futile three are clearly more effective than whatever Nelson is or isn't saying to him.

All Star
» Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:42 am
I agree with Carlgo... someone has to coach Magette! if it's not Nelson I guess it has to be the fans.
He is our current Center a lot of the time.. lmao.. He should not be taking 3pt shots when he has a better percentage chance at driving and drawing a foul, or driving and dishing.

:banghead:
Last edited by Money on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:42 am
carlgo wrote:Actually, the boos have made him a better player. His stupid shots are down, his passing game has stepped up, as has his rebounding and defense. I think he is a better player now and a valuable one as well.

He should thank the fans for helping coach him. Those boos cascading down when he fires off a futile three are clearly more effective than whatever Nelson is or isn't saying to him.

A pity he doesn't see it that way... but as long it works, I'm cool with booing him!!! :mrgreen:

All Star
» Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:57 am
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZCclIagEVk[/youtube]

Role Player
» Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:22 pm
KC wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZCclIagEVk[/youtube]

LOL

Role Player
» Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:18 pm
And we're hurt by his play.

All Star
» Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:07 pm
I get the booing.. and if it actually changes his play then by all means boo

but he also has a point, he remembers two players being booed here, and both of them publicly demanded a trade, yet he still wants to be here after all the nonsense and gets booed....

he should try understanding why they are booing him... those same fans cheer when he does something right.

All Star
» Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:04 pm
SFWarriors wrote:And we're hurt by his play.

:D

All Star
» Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:00 pm
carlgo wrote:Actually, the boos have made him a better player. His stupid shots are down, his passing game has stepped up, as has his rebounding and defense. I think he is a better player now and a valuable one as well.

Same exact thoughts, fans react to things they don't like, they know Maggs gets the ball and his head is down, with 1 goal in mind, ME, ME, and ME, even when he is off. Glad the boos got his attention.

Now lets turn to Booing Nellie when he returns, or even Coach Stupid, not Smart, if he continues with this 3 pg line-ups.

Franchise Player
» Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:04 pm
biggumt wrote:

who the hell DO you want on this team? it seems as if you want everyone gone. we traded jamal for a pile of **** and your happy, we trade sjax for a pile of more sh.i..t your happy again...guess you want a more shi.ttty team. what a smart fan you are.

LOL!.......so Im not a "smart fan" because I dont want 3 turnover prone, ball hog, chucking, chemistry and team flow killing moaners who think they are alot better than they actually are?

1 - Jamal = Piece of sh*t, didnt make us better and took time and shots away from the young guys.

2 - Jackson = Piece of sh*t, didnt make us better and took time and shots away from the young guys.

3 - Maggette = Piece of sh*t, didnt make us better and took time and shots away from the young guys.

Who else have I had strong objections to being on our team? can you name any apart from those 3? (apart from Nelson)............nope you cant, its been just those 3 utter jokes of players who do nothing but hold us, or at worst the development of our youngsters, back.

Some smart fan you are for supporting them being here.