Let's make Monta (and Randolph) an all-star! VOTE DAILY!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:35 am
among Guards in the west monta is:
1st in steals
2nd in scoring (kobe)
2nd in minutes (D. Williams)
4th in Points + Rebounds + Assists (behind kobe Paul and K-martin?)
9th in rebounding
11th in fg%
10th in assists

but if you ask me monta's highlight plays are so amazing he's bound to garner a bigger non-warrior fan base this year.

My thinking is being that many fans hate kobe, are tired of Nash and Kidd, aren't wowed by the likes of Williams and CP3 (who are all actually more talented than monta at this point) - so he does stand a slight sliver of a chance if he keeps up these 30+ point performances and sprinkles in some more assists and rebounds

VOTE ONCE A DAY FOR MONTA AND RANDOLPH!

my west 5
monta
mayo
Randolph
R. Gay
Duncan

All Star
» Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:34 am
Why the hell should anybody vote for Randolph?

Hall of Famer
» Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:52 am
Mayo?. Gay?.

That's a weird lineup, to say the least, bro...

All Star
» Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:54 am
RobDIKUM wrote:Why the hell should anybody vote for Randolph?

was asking the same question :?:

All Star
» Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:31 am
Ellis is playing at an all-star level and means so much to this team. He might be simply auditioning, but he is at that level.

AR is in contention for the MUD Trophy (most unnecessary dribbles) and also the Garmin Award for needing a GPS device so he can be in the right position. I can hear the voice now: "Turn left and park behind the big guy" "Recalculating, recalculating.....".

All Star
» Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:58 am
RobDIKUM wrote:Why the hell should anybody vote for Randolph?

Exactly! He hasnt done anything

All Star
» Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:02 am
TMC wrote:Mayo?. Gay?.

two guards and two forwards are selected, I'm picking the two I think have no chance of winning. this is to take votes away from CP3, Kobe, D Will, etc...

yeah randy's hasn't got an snowballs chance in hell, but why not vote for him?
whats more awesome then having 1 warrior cast to the all star team? 2!!!!

oh yeah I realize some of you haven't looked on the ballot. he's listed as a candidate (the only other warrior besides mr ellis).

All Star
» Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:07 am
first off wrote:
TMC wrote:Mayo?. Gay?.

two guards and two forwards are selected, I'm picking the two I think have no chance of winning. this is to take votes away from CP3, Kobe, D Will, etc...

yeah randy's hasn't got an snowballs chance in hell, but why not vote for him?
whats more awesome then having 1 warrior cast to the all star team?

just this thought is what is wrong with fan voting. fans should have half the vote, with players and coaches votes counting for the other half.

Rookie
» Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:52 am
Where do we vote?

Role Player
» Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:55 am
AR no Monta hell yes!!!

All Star
» Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:32 pm
well, if we're voting for players that are not going to make it, i'll take chris hunter and C.J Watson , thank you very much

All Star
» Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:15 pm
Anybody have any connections to China, Yao is out this season, we should start a Chinese campaign to vote Monta Ellis, that should work. :mrgreen:

But on a more serious note, I think Monta will continue to destroy the League, and will get his due recognition. Gotta keep winning though to make him look better.

All Star
» Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:32 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Anybody have any connections to China, Yao is out this season, we should start a Chinese campaign to vote Monta Ellis, that should work. :mrgreen:

But on a more serious note, I think Monta will continue to destroy the League, and will get his due recognition. Gotta keep winning though to make him look better.

funny you should say that, because minus this year that's the reason Yao Ming has been an all-star almost every year. His fan base in china is huge... the population of china is huge...

Oh yeah heres the link btw

www.nba.com/allstarballot2010/

I agree it's f*cked up about fan bias but what are you going to do?

it's f*cked up that there is a well-known ref bias for the current all stars... they get calls and are allowed to travel more than the Monta's of this league, so I'm fine messing with a system that is already corrupt to begin with.

also, think of how many people miss the amazing ability Monta has shown over these first 17 games simply because:
A) The owner doesn't want to spend money to build a team around monta
B) Jackson was stealing all the headlines.
C) the team wasn't very good last year and so we weren't scheduled to be shown on ANY nationally broadcast stations this year.

and by the way to the person above. I think there's roughly two candidates selected from each team that can make the all star game. Hunter and Watson cannot be voted for.

All Star
» Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:33 pm
I cant see a Warrior making the all star team until we're top of our confernce

that "until" is a doozy