The Monta Situation

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:11 am
Money Morrow (Jackattack) wrote:I agree with Reg in that that team was a lot about the players, and their personalities gelling. Baron, Monta, Jack, Harrigton, JRich, Barnes, Pietrus, Biedrins etc... brought the FUN back to Oakland!! As a team they were dangerous, but inconsistent. Great team play is always more exciting for me to watch than watching one player take over a game.
That can be exciting to see once, then it just gets old.

I like your new name :D Although the Warriors have lost the last 2 games, the games have been fun. Even monta is enjoying the team play. the ball is really moving around now. Even magette is getting in the passing mood. I have been really impressed with magette's all-around play since Jack has gone.

All Star
» Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:28 am
The Coooach wrote:
Money Morrow (Jackattack) wrote:I agree with Reg in that that team was a lot about the players, and their personalities gelling. Baron, Monta, Jack, Harrigton, JRich, Barnes, Pietrus, Biedrins etc... brought the FUN back to Oakland!! As a team they were dangerous, but inconsistent. Great team play is always more exciting for me to watch than watching one player take over a game.

I like your new name :D Although the Warriors have lost the last 2 games, the games have been fun. Even monta is enjoying the team play. the ball is really moving around now. Even magette is getting in the passing mood. I have been really impressed with magette's all-around play since Jack has gone.

Yeah man, I commented last night that they already look different, move different etc... I like Raja Bell, and Rad looks aggressive. We need all that.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:27 pm
strange that we haven't heard anything about Monta and his agent talking to the Warriors today.

Role Player
» Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Tarantism wrote:strange that we haven't heard anything about Monta and his agent talking to the Warriors today.

Probably because Pot Smoker Mcgee won the Cy Young again

Role Player
» Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:43 pm
The Coooach wrote:

yup, not only are they now watchable, but they finally resemble a team again. and considering that we just played 2 of the 4 top teams in the east, not to mention the entire NBA, i think we played really damn well. lastly, i'm convinced if Jackass was here, we would have gotten royally blown out, instead of looking competitive.

Role Player
» Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:52 pm
rizon wrote:
The Coooach wrote:

yup, not only are they now watchable, but they finally resemble a team again. and considering that we just played 2 of the 4 top teams in the east, not to mention the entire NBA, i think we played really damn well. lastly, i'm convinced if Jackass was here, we would have gotten royally blown out, instead of looking competitive.

Yes! Jackson is a punk and a bum IMO. It seems that every good thing he does is offset by the stupid selfish things he does

Rookie
» Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:03 pm
The outcome of the next few days could be very telling. After two solid efforts by the team, Monta has the opportunity to reverse course and commit to the post-Jack dubs. Unlikely, but I don't feel the door is completely closed just yet.

What we hear about the agent meting will shout volumes.

Role Player
» Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:31 pm
TUIR wrote:The outcome of the next few days could be very telling. After two solid efforts by the team, Monta has the opportunity to reverse course and commit to the post-Jack dubs. Unlikely, but I don't feel the door is completely closed just yet.

What we hear about the agent meting will shout volumes.

For sure! There is no way the Warriors can let him go

All Star
» Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:24 am
"I'm the leader. It starts with me. Everything starts with me," Ellis told the Boston Globe. "Making sure everybody gets involved in the game. Making sure everybody knows the plays. Making sure everybody starts the game off right. Yeah, that's me. I've got to get that back into my head that I am the piece of the puzzle. I am the head leader. It all starts with me, so I've got to get everybody going, get this franchise back to who I know we can (be)."

All Star
» Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:27 am
aletha33 wrote:That's past tense. People have already begun disliking him long ago. The man (or I should say boy) doesn't want to step it up, deflects responsibility, has a much higher opinion of himself than what is actual reality, and simply has a typical prima-dona I'm the Sh*t attitude I absolutely abhor with today's young NBA punks.

The sooner we get rid of Ellis, the better off we'll be. He's not a winner and honestly I don't think he ever will. Doesn't have the drive & the internal moxie.

Get rid of the bum ASAP...

Right right, good thing you are not the GM.

All Star
» Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:27 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
aletha33 wrote:That's past tense. People have already begun disliking him long ago. The man (or I should say boy) doesn't want to step it up, deflects responsibility, has a much higher opinion of himself than what is actual reality, and simply has a typical prima-dona I'm the Sh*t attitude I absolutely abhor with today's young NBA punks.

The sooner we get rid of Ellis, the better off we'll be. He's not a winner and honestly I don't think he ever will. Doesn't have the drive & the internal moxie.

QFT.

All Star
» Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:53 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:

Ya, good thing huh? I might actually put together a team of players with winning attitudes. SCARY. obviously you don't sh*t about chemistry and how that'll f*ck up a team, destroy an organization, & rip the heart out of its fans.

If monta brings the right attitude and effort - like he did last night, i will want that dude on my team forever....talent's never been a question. if he ever spouts out and brings out his diva/bitchness, f*ck him. i want his ass out...so let's hope he continues to bring it.

same w/ nelson... when he makes it obvious that player development and defense are his main priorities, i will embrace him. until then: f*ck him too...

All Star
» Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:58 pm
aletha33 wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:

Ya, good thing huh? I might actually put together a team of players with winning attitudes. SCARY. obviously you don't sh*t about chemistry and how that'll f*ck up a team, destroy an organization, & rip the heart out of its fans.

If monta brings the right attitude and effort - like he did last night, i will want that dude on my team forever....talent's never been a question. if he ever spouts out and brings out his diva/bitchness, f*ck him. i want his ass out...so let's hope he continues to bring it.

same w/ nelson... when he makes it obvious that player development and defense are his main priorities, i will embrace him. until then: f*ck him too...

well, you can't get rid of him/pick him up whenever you please. If you ship him out, he's out. So the decision is not that easy, and although we have the most fucked up front office in the NBA, I'd rather you stay out of there. hahaha

Monta has played well this year, everybody is just bitching about his attitude, but if you look at oncourt, name somebody consistently better on this team right now. He's the one constant

All Star
» Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:05 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:well, you can't get rid of him/pick him up whenever you please. If you ship him out, he's out. So the decision is not that easy, and although we have the most fucked up front office in the NBA, I'd rather you stay out of there. hahaha

Monta has played well this year, everybody is just bitching about his attitude, but if you look at oncourt, name somebody consistently better on this team right now. He's the one constant

i shall repeat ONCE again: talent has never been an issue with me. i've said it many times here. there's no one in the game that has the offensive capabilities monta has. he does things on the offensive end, with the greatest of ease, that are unparalleled.

BUT, if he's going to be a BIITCH and whine about the situation here, why in the world would anyone want to keep him? obviously there's a market for this kind of talent so theoretically if he wants out, my foot will be the first in his a**. get some talent back in return.

if he wants to be here...wants to grow...wants to step up and be the leader we're all craving him to be, then i will embrace him until the bitter end.

All Star
» Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:12 pm
aletha33 wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:well, you can't get rid of him/pick him up whenever you please. If you ship him out, he's out. So the decision is not that easy, and although we have the most fucked up front office in the NBA, I'd rather you stay out of there. hahaha

i shall repeat ONCE again: talent has never been an issue with me. i've said it many times here. there's no one in the game that has the offensive capabilities monta has. he does things on the offensive end, with the greatest of ease, that are unparalleled.

BUT, if he's going to be a BIITCH and whine about the situation here, why in the world would anyone want to keep him? obviously there's a market for this kind of talent so theoretically if he wants out, my foot will be the first in his a**. get some talent back in return.

if he wants to be here...wants to grow...wants to step up and be the leader we're all craving him to be, then i will embrace him until the bitter end.

Name me one player, who is The "marquee" player on the team , who wouldn't voice his frustrations with this team. The guy has some maturity issues, sure, but he has proven to be the only night in and night out difference maker. I mean, if you were so quick to get rid of bitchy NBA stars, you'd be rebuilding your team every year. What a great GM you'd be.