PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:32 pm
ill take the hawks. :banghead:
"Puff, Puff, Pass, Dunk."
"I know more about Basketball Than ALEX GOMEZ"
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:10 pm
wicka172001 wrote:ill take the hawks. :banghead:

In one or two years they may make the playoffs - I like the way that the draft and free agancy can even things up in the nba!!!!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:19 am
migya wrote:Detroit is always a top contender until they have a bad season!!!!
I just think that one major injury to one of the starters will cost them dearly!

I reckon Cavs are outsiders but no team in East other than Pistons and Heat are real chance but never know!

I'd have to disagree with you. They're rotation is actually super solid.

Having Allstar 4 and 5's in the Wallace Brothers and then a allstar on the bench in MCDyes they can rotate pretty well in the 4 and 5 position ( Don't forget they had Tayshaun playing PF on Duncan in some bits in the NBA Finals ) Also Dale Davis will give you a solid 20-30 minutes if need be.

The Gaurd rotation is semi weak. most of there points come off Billups and Hamilton. If you take 1 of those guys out of the eqaution with a super injury as you suggest. you'd be asking a lot for Lindsey Hunter or Carlos Ayrro to step up there production. But the Gaurd position is so easy to fill with solid free agents. You can always pick up a Wesley Person, a Jim Jackson through a trade or some dude rotting on the bench behind your Ray Allens, Kobe Bryants or your Allen Iverson. It's so easy to trade for smaller players. but it can be really difficult to get the 7 foot producers. ( Which Detroit is certainly stacked with )
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:38 am
pawnograffiti wrote:
I'd have to disagree with you. They're rotation is actually super solid.

Having Allstar 4 and 5's in the Wallace Brothers and then a allstar on the bench in MCDyes they can rotate pretty well in the 4 and 5 position ( Don't forget they had Tayshaun playing PF on Duncan in some bits in the NBA Finals ) Also Dale Davis will give you a solid 20-30 minutes if need be.

The Gaurd rotation is semi weak. most of there points come off Billups and Hamilton. If you take 1 of those guys out of the eqaution with a super injury as you suggest. you'd be asking a lot for Lindsey Hunter or Carlos Ayrro to step up there production. But the Gaurd position is so easy to fill with solid free agents. You can always pick up a Wesley Person, a Jim Jackson through a trade or some dude rotting on the bench behind your Ray Allens, Kobe Bryants or your Allen Iverson. It's so easy to trade for smaller players. but it can be really difficult to get the 7 foot producers. ( Which Detroit is certainly stacked with )

You are a wayward fellow............

Firstly, Antonio McDyess is not an allstar........... Has not been that caliber of player for years! He is great at times but not so great at others. He is also injury prone!

Dale Davis probably can't even play more than 20 good minutes anymore and is almost a non factor offensively now!

Hunter and Arroyo haven't shown much in the Pistons! It is unlikely that Pistons will get their hands on a good guard through trades because they seem not to want to trade any of their 6 top players and Darko - Their other players will not get them that much because they are either aging (Davis, Campbell, Hunter) or they are not that good (Arroyo, Ham) or they are both! They may get Spewell and he is MESSED UP and a NEGATIVE now!!!! Pistons should stay away from getting him!

Look at the stats for the last 2 seasons - Pistons get almost everything from their starting five!!!! McDyess last season gave them a great 6th man but that was it! 6 guys produce for the Pistons, if one of them goes for an extended period of time the Pistons will be in HUGE trouble!!!!!

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:09 pm
Dood an Allstar is an Allstar. Not you or I can take that title away from anyone. So what if his reign was like 5 years or so ago. Antonio McDyees Definately played like one this season off the bench.

Dale Davis can't play? Are you kidding me? Who stepped up to start for The Pacers in the Finals? It wasn't Rick Smits brother. Dale was playing awesome at the end of the season.

I'm digging your stats theory for the last 2 years. cept your missing something homie. Larry Brown. Flip Saunders is the new coach meaning there's a new reign in town. 4 players on the bench have been proven products before ( McDyees, Dale Davis [ Both all stars ] Lindsey Hunter, Chmapionship winning Lakers , Carlos Ayyro starting point for Porta Rica ) Whilst you may disagree that they are proven this just justifys how right i am and how wrong you are with your comments on Derek Fisher cause your ignorant to accepting the role of the vetren.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:25 am
pawnograffiti wrote:Dood an Allstar is an Allstar. Not you or I can take that title away from anyone. So what if his reign was like 5 years or so ago. Antonio McDyees Definately played like one this season off the bench.

Dale Davis can't play? Are you kidding me? Who stepped up to start for The Pacers in the Finals? It wasn't Rick Smits brother. Dale was playing awesome at the end of the season.

I'm digging your stats theory for the last 2 years. cept your missing something homie. Larry Brown. Flip Saunders is the new coach meaning there's a new reign in town. 4 players on the bench have been proven products before ( McDyees, Dale Davis [ Both all stars ] Lindsey Hunter, Chmapionship winning Lakers , Carlos Ayyro starting point for Porta Rica ) Whilst you may disagree that they are proven this just justifys how right i am and how wrong you are with your comments on Derek Fisher cause your ignorant to accepting the role of the vetren.

Like I said - You are a wayward fellow..........

McDyess played well this past season BUT not like an allstar!

Dale Davis stepped up at the end of last season but was nothing really special and Pacers not keeping him shows that they don't think he was capable of helping them get a championship as they have not replaced him with another big guy!

Yes Larry Brown (one of the greatest coaches ever!) has left town and has been replaced by Flip Saunders (a very good coach but not as great so far!) but that does not mean that Pistons will be as good or better as they have been for the last 2 seasons!! I like the Pistons but my statements are absolutely true!!!!!!!

AND - You are the ignorant one with what you have just said about Derek Fisher!!!! He is good but NOT special and will NOT be a part of any Warriors championship! He will be gone in 2 seasons, 1 season if Monta Ellis develops quickly!!!!!!!!!! :!:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:10 am
Hmm i'd classify a guy as special if he wins 3 championships as a starting pg.

You want to ride the fountain of youth. that's fine. But i know the type of players i want on the court in the 4th Quater and i definately know the type of players i want on with 0.4 seconds left.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:34 am
im with pawno that we need fisher just cuz there no shooter (besides big shot bob) with a big shot.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:12 am
Yeah i am with myselt on this one.

Baron Davis is a big shot bob as well only problem. But his also our main ball handler thus pressure and double teams on him are very likely. I've never seen Robert Horry isolated on the outside and drive to the basket. We need Baron to have the ball and CREATE and release to CLUTCH FELLAS. Just like Ginobili or Kobe did for Robert Horry.

There's plenty of potential for guys like Jason Richardson, Mike Dunleavy (excluding his season opener airballs last year) and Pietrus (vs Rockets, 4 point play) to be clutch athletes in the final 2 minutes. We just need more opportunities to get into those games. And Derek Fisher's clutchness might just get us the wins we need to get to go along to the BIG DANCE.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:00 am
Fisher hits clutch shots???? SOME and only SOME!!!!

Fisher does not have the talent or effectiveness of other guys on the team, including Dunleavy who's allround game puts Fisher to shame. Even Dunleavy, he has better point guard skills than Fisher! and I don't reckon Dunleavy is that good!!!!

Pietrus and JRich are the likely ones to become clutch and needed at the end of games. Maybe one day Biedrins and either Murphy, Diogu, Carbarkapa or Taft will be reliable at the end of a game to make a big shot!

Monta Ellis will be more valuable than Fisher by season's end and definately by the end of the following season!

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:19 am
migya wrote:Fisher hits clutch shots???? SOME and only SOME!!!!

Fisher does not have the talent or effectiveness of other guys on the team, including Dunleavy who's allround game puts Fisher to shame. Even Dunleavy, he has better point guard skills than Fisher! and I don't reckon Dunleavy is that good!!!!

Pietrus and JRich are the likely ones to become clutch and needed at the end of games. Maybe one day Biedrins and either Murphy, Diogu, Carbarkapa or Taft will be reliable at the end of a game to make a big shot!

Monta Ellis will be more valuable than Fisher by season's end and definately by the end of the following season!

You obviously are very new to this whole Basketball thing. But Derek Fisher's been hitting clutch shot after clutch shot for the last 10 years.

Obviously his had a few more times in L.A due to the double teams Kobe and Shaq draw. But take a look at Montgomery's substitution patterns of last season and his the player you want on the 4th quater.

Monta Ellis no doubt will have a stellar career. But it's a big call to say his going to be better then Derek Fisher by the end of the year. the kids coming out og high school but he ain't no LeBron.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:11 pm
pawnograffiti wrote:
You obviously are very new to this whole Basketball thing. But Derek Fisher's been hitting clutch shot after clutch shot for the last 10 years.

Obviously his had a few more times in L.A due to the double teams Kobe and Shaq draw. But take a look at Montgomery's substitution patterns of last season and his the player you want on the 4th quater.

Monta Ellis no doubt will have a stellar career. But it's a big call to say his going to be better then Derek Fisher by the end of the year. the kids coming out og high school but he ain't no LeBron.

It's good that an expert like yourself pointed out that the man Fish has had a career FULL of game winning moments!!!!!!!!!! I must have been asleep all those times he buried all those teams............. FOOL!!!!!!!!
Fish has made 2 or 3 game winners.......... he must be superstar!!!!!

Fishman has been lucky to play with 2 star players in LA!

Monta Ellis is no Lebron, but it don't take a Lebron to be better than Fish! Speedy Claxson was better than Fish and he has not had a good career!!!!

Restructuring of Foyle's and Fisher's contracts are what is need or trade them away in order to be able to keep the young players on this team!

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball