Stephen Curry is the truth.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:10 pm
So far. Looked great passing the ball *could have had more assists if teammates were more aware*, did great scoring late in the game, did pretty good on defense too.

Ladies and gentlemen,

We have a point guard.

Franchise Player
» Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:17 pm
Agreed.

He looked great in the passing game. The only mistake was under throwing Biedrins at the end. But other than that, he looked great.

By far, the best passer on the team, hands down.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:26 pm
that was known the day he was drafted. everyone else is a 2 or 3 on this team. all i gotta say is Mags should've got yanked after the 3rd quarter ended =/

All Star
» Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:26 pm
for shizzle. his passing game has me like this so far: Image

Am looking forward to seeing his matchup against Nash on friday. I see alot of similarities between the two.

All Star
» Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:33 pm
He is definitely more PG than I thought he would be. He sees the floor nicely, has some creative passes, and as of right now, is not looking for his shot everytime down. Skills that make Ellis look like a pure 2 guard.

All Star
» Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:35 pm
I think you guys have all missed the point with Curry. He is a great shooter! He was not agressive enough. Even his mother said that he should shoot more. I don't want this guy to be a set-up man. Let him do what he does best, and that's score. He should take a minimum of 15 shots per game. :banghead:

All Star
» Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:39 pm
The Coooach wrote:I think you guys have all missed the point with Curry. He is a great shooter! He was not agressive enough. Even his mother said that he should shoot more. I don't want this guy to be a set-up man. Let him do what he does best, and that's score. He should take a minimum of 15 shots per game. :banghead:

So we should just have another shooter rather than a facilitator (which is what this team needs)? His scoring will come as he gets used to the NBA game, Id rather see him act like a point guard right now rather than just being another shot hucker, which this team already has a few too many.

Role Player
» Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:41 pm
The Coooach wrote:I think you guys have all missed the point with Curry. He is a great shooter! He was not agressive enough. Even his mother said that he should shoot more. I don't want this guy to be a set-up man. Let him do what he does best, and that's score. He should take a minimum of 15 shots per game. :banghead:

Yes, let's turn him into the next Jackson/Maggette/Crawford... Sorry but I don't want him to become a selfish volume shooter. If he feels he has a good shot, I am all for letting him take it. But if he feels there is a better chance of scoring if he dishes the ball to a teammate, I would be disappointed to see him pass up that opportunity. Curry hasn't really found his shot since he's been in the NBA. Summer league and preseason, he was never really in rhythm like he usually was in college. I am confident that he will find that rhythm soon, but I don't want to force it. He did a great job running the offense and IMO the last thing we need is a stagnant offense with no ball movement.

All Star
» Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:48 pm
How could you complain about Curry's performance tonite? I mean really. First game as a pro and looked composed. Made 1 or 2 mistakes. Other then that, he beasted. Yes, I'd like to see him shoot more, but it's his first game. You could see he gained some confidence towards the end. He is great at changing speeds, thats my favorite aspect of his game.

And yes, I wanted him before the draft and was in the camp that said he was gonna be a great passer [let me look up the post, hold up]. I don't wanna say itotaso, but itotaso.

All Star
» Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:42 pm
Beast Mode wrote:How could you complain about Curry's performance tonite? I mean really. First game as a pro and looked composed. Made 1 or 2 mistakes. Other then that, he beasted. Yes, I'd like to see him shoot more, but it's his first game. You could see he gained some confidence towards the end. He is great at changing speeds, thats my favorite aspect of his game.

And yes, I wanted him before the draft and was in the camp that said he was gonna be a great passer [let me look up the post, hold up]. I don't wanna say itotaso, but itotaso.

I too touted Curry long before the draft. He has been my favorite collegian for 2 years. Of course I want him to a facilatator but not always defering to shooters who are a lot worst shot than him. The man is a born scorer. I don't want him to lose his aggresiveness. His mother even sais his Dad told him to take his shot or take off the jersey. You guys tell me you can live with him setting up Stephen Jackson for 20 shots a game?

Hall of Famer
» Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:19 am
Stephen Curry, along with Randolph and Morrow, are the only f*cking reasons I still do care about this roster.

I can't avoid it, I'm just thrilled about having those three on the team. I don't know if I'd watch a single game all year long if they were not part of our roster.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:28 am
Curry is a dimer. He doesn't telegraph his passes and makes them at the right time while the space is still open. If not for Maggs absolutely throwing possessions away the warriors would come up with the W tonight.

Man, and does Curry have a quick shot release or what? Not to mention he is way quicker than I thought. I hate to say it Monta is looking somewhat superfluous on this team.

All Star
» Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:45 am
TMC wrote:Stephen Curry, along with Randolph and Morrow, are the only f*cking reasons I still do care about this roster.

co fkn sign!

All Star
» Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:39 am
TMC wrote:Stephen Curry, along with Randolph and Morrow, are the only f*cking reasons I still do care about this roster.

I can't avoid it, I'm just thrilled about having those three on the team. I don't know if I'd watch a single game all year long if they were not part of our roster.

Well said and I totally agree. Monta is good, but not great. Unfortuanetly there are a lot of guards in the NBA that are as good or better than Monta. As a matter of fact, every team has a guard as good as Monta. Monta is probably as good as he is going to get. However, the sky is the limit for Curry. He already is a better ball-handler, defender than Monta. His court savy is better than Monta. and his attitude is definitely better than Monta. Although I would love for them both to succeed here but I think 1 of them will have to go for this team to move forward. Monta is already jealous of Curry. If Monta can be traded for a good big man I would do it. A Curry/Morrow backcourt makes a lot more sense.

All Star
» Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:05 am
Beast Mode wrote:So far. Looked great passing the ball *could have had more assists if teammates were more aware*, did great scoring late in the game, did pretty good on defense too.

Ladies and gentlemen,

We have a point guard.

this

Quazza wrote:

co fkn sign!

and this