Final thoughts before the 09-10 season

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:02 pm
what have you got to say about this upcoming season?

whatever it is, get it off your chest before the season starts on sept 28 (next weds!)

here's mine:
if AR doesn't have big back issuses.... 8th seed. go ahead and call me crazy but it's what I smell.

All Star
» Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:15 pm
Love your optimism First Off!! If a few teams go to sleep (Phx and Houston look like they might) we may just have a chance.

Looking forward to some of our young players building team chemistry despite the dysfunction around them thereby showing everyone (coaches, execs, vets, and fans) how true professionals respond to adversity.

Morrow top 3pt of the year.
Curry get Rookie of the Year
Monta gets most pts
Maggette most to the line
Defense improves by ten in team rankings.
No more injuries...

Starting Lineup
» Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:45 pm
Jackattack wrote:Love your optimism First Off!! If a few teams go to sleep (Phx and Houston look like they might) we may just have a chance.

Looking forward to some of our young players building team chemistry despite the dysfunction around them thereby showing everyone (coaches, execs, vets, and fans) how true professionals respond to adversity.

Monta gets most pts
No more injuries...

I Like those predictions.

Role Player
» Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:47 pm
- Despite his shot not falling I too am very high on Curry at the moment. But there is no way he gets ROY.

Yes he'll get way more burn than Wright and Randolph did in their rookie years but probably 60 - 65% of say Blake Griffins minutes. You can't compete with that.

Nelson does the same thing over and over and over again. So unless Currys been doing some work "on his knees" and "behind closed doors" don't expect to much rookie love.

- Turiaf is going to be our rock this year.

Judging from his Euro games and pre season he looks to have improved in the rebounding area dramatically. I expect that stat to double from last year. With our lack of legit big men hopefully he can handle (and is given) some extra minutes at the 4 and 5.

- At some point Morrow will start........consistantly. If he is given the green light he'll average 20ppg easy.

- Warriors WILL have a better record when Jackson dosn't play.

- Warriors open the season 8 and 1......at which point another catastrophe happens.... Prepare yourself.

All Star
» Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:24 pm
In case anyone thinks Nelson is suddenly rational, there was an interview in the newspaper. Nelson was not wanting to start AR or Morrow. Too young to put the burden on them. But, surprise, Jackson and Ellis were the only for-sure starters and Jackson was going to play big minutes, over 40 I think he said.

He was toying with a bigger line-up of AB, RT and AR, but it would be too low-scoring and so he would go with his traditional line-up of one big and four smalls most of the time.

I think Jackson knows that he will be the scapegoat when this fails and will continue to do what it necessary to get out.

All Star
» Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:29 pm
Final thought huh. First thing that came to mind was "May God have mercy on us all"

Hall of Famer
» Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:23 pm
zshook wrote:
Jackattack wrote:Love your optimism First Off!! If a few teams go to sleep (Phx and Houston look like they might) we may just have a chance.

Monta gets most pts
No more injuries...

I Like those predictions.

So do I. Houston likely will be awful and win about 20-25 games. The team could make the playoffs but I actually hope they don't so maybe Nelson can fukoff quicker. Possible the team gets 8th.

I want SJack traded most of all and quick, just has to happen, hopefully for expirers

All Star
» Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:44 pm
any record predictions? 20+ wins? 30+? 40+?

on an unrelated note
anybody listen to Damon Bruce after the game last night? man he was rippin the dubs to shreds! he was going off on how bad the warriors are going to be despite the massive win over NO (w/o Paul, West, and Okafor mind you). made some very valid points, although I stand by my playoff prediciton - just beat out the Clips, Suns, and the Thunder to snatch that 8th seed only to be crushed into submission by the Lakes in 4.

All Star
» Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:57 pm
Dear Warriors Organization,

Pretty please, with a cherry on top, be less retarded than I think you are going to be this season.

Love, Cap

All Star
» Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:01 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:Dear Warriors Organization,

Pretty please, with a cherry on top, be less retarded than I think you are going to be this season.

Love, Cap

Let me guess captain, you still write letters to Santa Claus, too? Because this will still be a Cohan owned team and a Don Nelson run roster... so what this means is there is no chance that they will be any less retarded than what you expect.
Sorry to be the one to break it to you. :|

Franchise Player
» Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:23 am
metalface wrote:

Love, Cap

Let me guess captain, you still write letters to Santa Claus, too? |

That's a NEGATIVE...

Captain Jack doesn't have time for Santa Claus, she's too busy writing me letters for Valentines Day.

LOVE YOU PRINCESS :oops:

All Star
» Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:45 am

Love, Cap

yup- reckon thats how we all feel Cap. Well put

Role Player
» Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 am
Time to move Monta?

With Curry's potential and Morrow becoming a stud, is now the time to move Monta? Package him with Jax to move the two biggest distractions on the team (other than Maggs, but who would touch that?). And by adding Monta, we might actually be able to move Jax.

All Star
» Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:27 am
we're gonna start the season 9-0 :mrgreen: [-o<

*praying [-o< steph curry has huge rookie year ( and career )... ROY
*expecting jackson to be traded before christmas [-o< ( hopefully to denver for jr smith )
*randolph has a lot of hype built up... hope he lives up to it...
* :crybaby: sad that b.wright is injured
*expecting big things from morrow and azubuike

Hall of Famer
» Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:39 am
I'd be happy if Curry, Randolph and Morrow get a lot of court time to develop and become building blocks of our franchise for years to come.

Quite frankly, I think our record will be awful if we allow our vets to lead this team, so there's no reason to keep our young guns away from the game. Let them delelop, let them assume responsibilities and become the kind of players they can be and it will be a successful season, no matter our final record.

Of course, that might just be a pipe dream of mine... so consider me as another follower of Capt's post.