I finally realised why stephen jackson acts the way he does

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:17 am
He used to play for the spurs and was coached by popovich.

All Star
» Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:34 am
that explains everything... thank u for your insight

Franchise Player
» Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:35 am
Yeah.............errrrm............Popovich, probably the strictest most disciplined coach in the league, spawns this as*hole.

Unless you mean that Jackson acts like this because he was brought up in a winning/consistent/structured culture that makes sense.............and so hence now he is in the exact opposite = a losing/totally inconsistent/un-structured culture, he doesnt like it.

I mean Jackson spent YEARS playing for Popovich didnt he? so of course, Popovich must have loved him and really liked his one dimensional chucking.

All Star
» Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:25 am
i was expecting to open the thread and see "cos he's a fkn lunatic" so props for being different

All Star
» Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:40 am
bigstrads wrote:Yeah.............errrrm............Popovich, probably the strictest most disciplined coach in the league, spawns this as*hole.

Unless you mean that Jackson acts like this because he was brought up in a winning/consistent/structured culture that makes sense.............and so hence now he is in the exact opposite = a losing/totally inconsistent/un-structured culture, he doesnt like it.

I mean Jackson spent YEARS playing for Popovich didnt he? so of course, Popovich must have loved him and really liked his one dimensional chucking.

Jackson is acting like an idiot, but if this is what you think of him you don't know much about his "upbringing" or the majority of his life, in particular in regards to professional basketball.

Franchise Player
» Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:21 am
Captain_Jack wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Yeah.............errrrm............Popovich, probably the strictest most disciplined coach in the league, spawns this as*hole.

Jackson is acting like an idiot, but if this is what you think of him you don't know much about his "upbringing" or the majority of his life, in particular in regards to professional basketball.

& BIGS wouldn't have a clue about Poppavich upbringing as well..

I.E he learnt everything he knew from Don Nelson :D :D :D

Actually BIGS i must say in the case of Poppavich vs Nelson that Greg went onto far exceed his mentor... it's one thing winning regular season games but 4 Championships to Greg P's name... i'm sure Nellie would trade his winning record tally in a heartbeat for a Trophy.

Franchise Player
» Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:26 am
Captain_Jack wrote:

You know, Im going to stop trying to assume that people can read between the lines of things and write alot simpler............because assuming people can actually read something and understand it obviously isnt working.

Ok, here goes:

I...........am..............aware............that............Stephen.............Jackson.............played.............
for...........a...........few.............teams..............before............San............Antonio

Drafted.............very...............late...............played...............overseas..............his............
first.................playing...............time.............came.................with..............New.............
Jersey..............for...............one.................year.................then..............he.............joined............
San..............Antonio................where..............he.............made...............his................name...............as
.............a..............clutch...............shooter................and...............important.................role..............
player.

He..............won...............a...............title...................then..............was.............
over-looked................by................Pop.................after..............being.............such................an.............
"integral"..............part..............of...............that................title..............team...............why?

Off...............the...............back...............of..............the.............showing...............with..............
San..............Antonio................some...............might.................say..............his..............coming...........
of...............age.................or................his.................."up-bringing"..............in .............as...............far..............as................his..............NBA............
education.................he...............was................signed................by...............Atlanta.

I...............would...............like....................to.................also..................add...............
that................I..............am...............aware..................that................Pop..............
was..............Nelson's..............assistant...............for...............many............years............
however................because..............Pop...............is................the...............absolute..............
anti-Nelson................as...............in...................he..............actually...............knows..............
how................to...............win................coaches................defense...............preaches..............
commitment................is..............strict...............with...............his...............players.................
I...............didnt.................feel.................it..................was...............necessary................to.............
mention.............his...............serving...............under..............Nelson...............seeing.............as..............how..............
he................displays................no.................Nelson..............traits.................what..............so...........
ever.

In.............conclusion..............would.............it.............be............fair..............to.............say................
that..............Jackson's............defining..............NBA............experience.............ie:.............his.............
education...........and................"up-bringing".............was..............whilst..............with..............San..............Antonio?.............in.............a..............
well...............organised...............structured................committed..............winning..............evironment.

Clear enough?

All Star
» Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:55 am
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

You know, Im going to stop trying to assume that people can read between the lines of things and write alot simpler............because assuming people can actually read something and understand it obviously isnt working.

Ok, here goes:

I...........am..............aware............that............Stephen.............Jackson.............played.............
for...........a...........few.............teams..............before............San............Antonio

Drafted.............very...............late...............played...............overseas..............his............
first.................playing...............time.............came.................with..............New.............
Jersey..............for...............one.................year.................then..............he.............joined............
San..............Antonio................where..............he.............made...............his................name...............as
.............a..............clutch...............shooter................and...............important.................role..............
player.

He..............won...............a...............title...................then..............was.............
over-looked................by................Pop.................after..............being.............such................an.............
"integral"..............part..............of...............that................title..............team...............why?

Off...............the...............back...............of..............the.............showing...............with..............
San..............Antonio................some...............might.................say..............his..............coming...........
of...............age.................or................his.................."up-bringing"..............in .............as...............far..............as................his..............NBA............
education.................he...............was................signed................by...............Atlanta.

I...............would...............like....................to.................also..................add...............
that................I..............am...............aware..................that................Pop..............
was..............Nelson's..............assistant...............for...............many............years............
however................because..............Pop...............is................the...............absolute..............
anti-Nelson................as...............in...................he..............actually...............knows..............
how................to...............win................coaches................defense...............preaches..............
commitment................is..............strict...............with...............his...............players.................
I...............didnt.................feel.................it..................was...............necessary................to.............
mention.............his...............serving...............under..............Nelson...............seeing.............as..............how..............
he................displays................no.................Nelson..............traits.................what..............so...........
ever.

In.............conclusion..............would.............it.............be............fair..............to.............say................
that..............Jackson's............defining..............NBA............experience.............ie:.............his.............
education...........and................"up-bringing".............was..............whilst..............with..............San..............Antonio?.............in.............a..............
well...............organised...............structured................committed..............winning..............evironment.

Clear enough?

I Like it. :D There is no excuse for a multi-millionaire to act like an idioit. BTW, is he still the captain?

Franchise Player
» Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:52 pm
Actually, I always thought Jack acted like this because of the life he lived growing up and all his experiences as a kid going into his teen years. I mean, he did watch his brother die in front of his very own eyes.

He has split personalities... Stack Jack and Captain Jack. Both have their controversies, but both make what he is today.

All Star
» Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:06 pm
Some people's emotional maturity (I know Reg doesn't like that word) level shuts down at a young age. Trauma can cause this. If they don't seek help, they will continue to respond to stressful situations the same way. Jack's got about a 15 year old's emotional maturity level. The way he rants and doesn't hustle back when he doesn't get a call is embarrassing. Because he's so bull headed, I don't see him open to changing a thing about himself.

All Star
» Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:14 pm
Jackattack wrote:Some people's emotional maturity (I know Reg doesn't like that word) level shuts down at a young age. Trauma can cause this. If they don't seek help, they will continue to respond to stressful situations the same way. Jack's got about a 15 year old's emotional maturity level. The way he rants and doesn't hustle back when he doesn't get a call is embarrassing. Because he's so bull headed, I don't see him open to changing a thing about himself.

That's why I said before hook dude up with the Dr. Phil and put him on the show. How can we get started, I suggest we start a petition to get Jax on the show. It will help figure out his many problem and how to deal with them, not just on the court but in life as well. Even if Dr. Phil does not break through to him it would make excellent television. :mrgreen:

All Star
» Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:19 pm
Jackattack wrote:Some people's emotional maturity (I know Reg doesn't like that word) level shuts down at a young age. Trauma can cause this. If they don't seek help, they will continue to respond to stressful situations the same way. Jack's got about a 15 year old's emotional maturity level. The way he rants and doesn't hustle back when he doesn't get a call is embarrassing. Because he's so bull headed, I don't see him open to changing a thing about himself.

I can agree with that, Jack. :)

All Star
» Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:24 pm
Jack just may Attack the Coach (Nelly)... oh man... :shock:

All Star
» Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:34 pm
Jackattack wrote:Jack just may Attack the Coach (Nelly)... oh man... :shock:

I heard he was suspended because he used profanity on Nelly.

All Star
» Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:31 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:

That's why I said before hook dude up with the Dr. Phil and put him on the show. How can we get started, I suggest we start a petition to get Jax on the show. It will help figure out his many problem and how to deal with them, not just on the court but in life as well. Even if Dr. Phil does not break through to him it would make excellent television. :mrgreen:

Totally, he needs a big old dorky guy also from Texas without a psychology degree to give him a great big ole hug! the thought of that makes me LMAO! A new reality show. Hangin with Mr. Jackson...

:mrgreen: