jack
60%
morrow
20%
buke

Total votes: 10

Rookie
» Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:33 pm
ok so i see all this trash talk about our backcourt (it has gotten old quickly). but not seeing this guy mentioned brought me to one quick question...

what about morrow???

IF curry doesnt start the year starting, why not play
monte
morrow
jack
randolph
goose

i love buke, but i think morrow could be our guy at the 2.
he is average sized, a perimeter threat. can work off the dribble. hustles, has good basketball IQ, works hard, and most of all plays defense! (and is getting better)

i feel that if we dedicate the year to him starting at the 2, he will be nicely polished by the end of the year and would consistently help our starting lineup. in my opinion he has more upside than buke and is a better investment in the long run.

what do you all think?

All Star
» Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:58 pm
I think God will show his strength and rid us of Stephen Jackson.

Monta
Morrow
Maggette / Buike, idc
Randolph
Biedrins

All Star
» Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:35 pm
Makes too much sense to start Morrow at the 2, its not even a debate. According to our roster I think Morrow has earned the spot.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:52 pm
Much easier to make a starting five without SJack here, but I think Morrow won't get it, firstly because he isn't paid as high as the other three guys that will likely get picked at SG or atleast get many minutes (SJack, Monta and Maggette) and he hasn't produced as much as either of them either.

Likely it will be Monta, SJack, Azu, AR and AB as starters, at least at first. Nelson talks garbage and you look at someone for what they've done and shown over their lives and Nelson doesn't play rookies alot, so Curry will not get much court time and if he does get it, he'll have to earn it alot and hope for some injuries or trades of the other guards.

I really want to see SJack and Monta traded, together would be great, packaged with next draft's 1st rounder (unprotected and it is likely to be high, thus allowing to get rid of these two highly paid players that otherwise would be hard to get rid of) or Curry, for a star guard, preferably PG, but either guard spot. Someone like JJohnson (who knows) or Caron Butler, who I think could be had for the right price, as Wiz now have Foye and MMiller

All Star
» Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:21 am
migya wrote:Much easier to make a starting five without SJack here, but I think Morrow won't get it, firstly because he isn't paid as high as the other three guys that will likely get picked at SG or atleast get many minutes (SJack, Monta and Maggette) and he hasn't produced as much as either of them either.

Likely it will be Monta, SJack, Azu, AR and AB as starters, at least at first. Nelson talks garbage and you look at someone for what they've done and shown over their lives and Nelson doesn't play rookies alot, so Curry will not get much court time and if he does get it, he'll have to earn it alot and hope for some injuries or trades of the other guards.

I really want to see SJack and Monta traded, together would be great, packaged with next draft's 1st rounder (unprotected and it is likely to be high, thus allowing to get rid of these two highly paid players that otherwise would be hard to get rid of) or Curry, for a star guard, preferably PG, but either guard spot. Someone like JJohnson (who knows) or Caron Butler, who I think could be had for the right price, as Wiz now have Foye and MMiller

Once again I agree with Mig. Money talks in all pro sports.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 pm
The Coooach wrote:
migya wrote:Much easier to make a starting five without SJack here, but I think Morrow won't get it, firstly because he isn't paid as high as the other three guys that will likely get picked at SG or atleast get many minutes (SJack, Monta and Maggette) and he hasn't produced as much as either of them either.

Once again I agree with Mig. Money talks in all pro sports.

You can see it can't you, the same thing happening again, the guys who work hard and come out of nowhere getting little minutes behind the guys that are paid highly and don't exactly do much more

All Star
» Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:43 pm
back court injury update:
Watson is out for 3 weeks with a (i think partially) torn MCL. he was riding his moped to practice when...

Law - still not cleared to play 100% at practice yet. got an elbow to the back of the dome playing pick up bball ~ a weeks ago

All Star
» Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:27 am
in the practice interviews it says that morrow is practicing with the 1st unit

Role Player
» Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:15 am
2 years ago...we had a promising, balanced, & proven roster where every player knew their role. Baron/Jrich/SJax/Al/Biedrins....seriously a good PF away from contention.

2009? meh... who knows, gotta wait and see, that's to be expected on the Warriors carousel traditon of the youth infatuation movement...this year will be as big as mystery as 2008s season and most of the past decade. Will SJax be traded? Will Ellis request one? Can Curry play alongside Ellis? Can Morrow be anything more than an Eddie House clone? Will AR4 be a beast or still raw? How will chemistry be? Does anyone know how to pass besides SJax and Turiaf?(way to trade Beli, your best passer W's). Who's the #1 option or crunch time guy...Ellis? SJax? Randolph?

a lot of questions, yet another "experiment" year to see how the pieces fit.

All Star
» Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:07 am
first off wrote:back court injury update:
Watson is out for 3 weeks with a (i think partially) torn MCL. he was riding his moped to practice when...

Law - still not cleared to play 100% at practice yet. got an elbow to the back of the dome playing pick up bball ~ a weeks ago

It will be convenient that Watson injury last all year! :shock:

All Star
» Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:37 am
What happened? I wake up from my long nap only to find that the Ws are in turmoil again. Players wanting out, Nelson playing mind games, management still playing music as the ship sinks...

And Nelson threatens to hang around forever, for free even.... no, no, no......aaaaarghhh.

All Star
» Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:08 am
GSW2006 wrote:2 years ago...we had a promising, balanced, & proven roster where every player knew their role. Baron/Jrich/SJax/Al/Biedrins....seriously a good PF away from contention.

2009? meh... who knows, gotta wait and see, that's to be expected on the Warriors carousel traditon of the youth infatuation movement...this year will be as big as mystery as 2008s season and most of the past decade. Will SJax be traded? Will Ellis request one? Can Curry play alongside Ellis? Can Morrow be anything more than an Eddie House clone? Will AR4 be a beast or still raw? How will chemistry be? Does anyone know how to pass besides SJax and Turiaf?(way to trade Beli, your best passer W's). Who's the #1 option or crunch time guy...Ellis? SJax? Randolph?

mmmm not entirely...
Al and Andris were not a great team down low. Our entire roster was far from "balanced". Baron happened to have a year where he didn't get injured for a long period of time, so Don got away with having him play ~48mins a game. We couldn't rebound, we couldn't play defense. we basically squeaked into the playoffs and then beat one of the choke-iest 1st seeds in all of professional basketball.

Keep Baron and Jrich around? sure. But Jack and Harrington are way too over-hyped. Murphy and Dung didn't fit, and neither did jack and harrington.

It was unbelievably fun to watch, but come on - we were an amusing joke compared to the rest of the playoff teams. that team had serious flaws, let's remember that we just got an 8th seed and were throughly worked over in the 2nd round. Yall need to stop acting like we won a championship.

All Star
» Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:13 am
first off wrote:
GSW2006 wrote:2 years ago...we had a promising, balanced, & proven roster where every player knew their role. Baron/Jrich/SJax/Al/Biedrins....seriously a good PF away from contention.

mmmm not entirely...
Al and Andris were not a great team down low. Our entire roster was far from "balanced". Baron happened to have a year where he didn't get injured for a long period of time, so Don got away with having him play ~48mins a game. We couldn't rebound, we couldn't play defense. we basically squeaked into the playoffs and then beat one of the choke-iest 1st seeds in all of professional basketball.

Keep Baron and Jrich around? sure. But Jack and Harrington are way too over-hyped. Murphy and Dung didn't fit, and neither did jack and harrington.

It was unbelievably fun to watch, but come on - we were an amusing joke compared to the rest of the playoff teams. that team had serious flaws, let's remember that we just got an 8th seed and were throughly worked over in the 2nd round. Yall need to stop acting like we won a championship.

That's what happens when you been on skid row so long. A peanut butter sandwich looks lke a steak.

All Star
» Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:33 am
If the 07 team was a peanut butter sandwich.... then I guess that makes the 09 team a sh*t sandwich.
But I agree with you First Off. That team was barely the beginning of something that should have continued to develop and grow into something more, instead it imploded by will or by simple ineptitude or both. That's why Warriors fans are some of the most pissed off in professional sports right now! (Lions fans were until last Sunday) Get rid of these non NBA sh*tbags running this team and get us someone in here who loves basketball, the Bay Area, and the Warriors!

All Star
» Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:49 pm
What makes me even more pissed off is, as I start to get excited about some of our young players, I realize that I will never get to see them develop to their full potential here on this team. They will get mismanaged, disgruntled and traded and most will be gone in the next 3-5 years if this front office sticks with it's normal m. o.