STOP THE MONTA HATE

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:55 am
He is the best player we have on our team.

Like it or not. Yes his defense isn't amazing, but he can always get better. He is one of the top young scorers in the league and is extremely efficient. Amazing field goal %, amazing driving ability, amazing mid range jumper, and he fills the seats.

He misses some playing time and you guys act like you've never heard of the kid before.

Monta is going nowhere. He is NOT part of the problem. Remember when he came back last season, the team played above .500 ball for the remainder of the year, and that's with the pathetic roster we had.

Focus on the guys we need to move: Jackson, Maggette ...

And STOP acting like Stephen Curry has proved sh*t in this league. Yes, a great collegiate scorer, does that always translate? No. Can it, yes? Is it worth moving one of the best scorers in the league to find out? No
<3 Monta.

All Star
» Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:13 pm
Its pretty clear the problem came public last week, wanting to abandon the ship, but thats our suppose "Leader", now thats comical. After what was said it can't be more obvious the un-stability.

Build around the young core, hint hint look at Portland, where they are the center-piece of the team.

As far as Monta goes I heard it all, trade him for Rubio, now thats funny, I wonder how that would have turned out. Or void his contract, or get rid of him because we now have Curry. To me those are all back-wards step, the idea is to move forward. On the court look at the positions of weakness and work on it. We are pretty set at the 4, and 5. Jury is still out about Monta running the point, but the season will prove that. The 3, and the 4 are my big question marks. In Nellies system those are very important positions, since we run so much, so a skilled player, and athletic player is badly needed to fill it up. Am hoping Morrow can step in, we know dude can shoot, the other part of the game athleticism is my question mark. Please don't mention Jax, dude does not want to a fall back role, as far as Maggs he knows his role as a 6th man, but he of course dude never passes.

All Star
» Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:25 pm
monta is a pretty dope basketball player... he can run the fastbreak, hit the mid range jumper, drive to the bucket and finish... he's undersized at the 2, plays below average defense and i dont know if he'll ever be a solid pg... his attitude is a little sour and he doesnt seem to have a leadership bone in his body ( hope im wrong )... he has a lot of talent and he has the potential to be an all-star year in and year out... will he ever reach that potential? who knows? i would trade monta in a heart beat if we could get an all-star caliber power forward in return ( which will most likely never happen ) otherwise, im not in favor of trading him... imo, that would just be another step backwards... i hope that monta has a breakout year as a warrior, makes the all star team and leads our team to the playoffs... anyway, just felt like rambling...

in tribute...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDYoVOaq54s[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHo7EpwUvnk[/youtube]

All Star
» Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:32 pm
Beast Mode wrote:He is the best player we have on our team.

Like it or not. Yes his defense isn't amazing, but he can always get better. He is one of the top young scorers in the league and is extremely efficient. Amazing field goal %, amazing driving ability, amazing mid range jumper, and he fills the seats.

He misses some playing time and you guys act like you've never heard of the kid before.

Monta is going nowhere. He is NOT part of the problem. Remember when he came back last season, the team played above .500 ball for the remainder of the year, and that's with the pathetic roster we had.

Focus on the guys we need to move: Jackson, Maggette ...

And STOP acting like Stephen Curry has proved sh*t in this league. Yes, a great collegiate scorer, does that always translate? No. Can it, yes? Is it worth moving one of the best scorers in the league to find out? No
<3 Monta.

did you spit or swallow? hahaha jk man, i agree, too many people want to get rid of him

Role Player
» Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:55 am
S Jax is the best player on the team imo.

Ellis is the most overrated player ever. Some are thinking Tony Parker, Devon Harris, etc.....he's more along the lines of a 2nd or 3rd option like Ben Gordon, Jason Terry. He's a tweener, undersized, clueless on D, not a leader, and averaged a measly 3.5 assists last year. If he's supposed to be our playmaker of the future, that's pretty bad.

Food for thought:

the best players from the Finals teams, Magic and Lakers...

1)Kobe 2) Gasol 3) Odom 4) Bynam

1)D Howard 2) R Lewis 3) Turkoglu 4) J. Nelson

Ellis would be a distant 3rd, or 4th best player on REAL teams! Yes, his contract is less than the more elite players but then again so is his game. That goes to show you have much Dub fans overvalue Ellis, among others. No one's proposing we trade him for Deveon George, but the Warriors should actively be pursuing a proven legit All Star, with Ellis being the first name they mention as trade bait.

All Star
» Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:24 am
GSW2006 wrote:S Jax is the best player on the team imo

No need to read anything after this

All Star
» Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:41 am
Beast Mode wrote:

Hey GSW2006, do you think the warriors should trade Monta to Minnie for Ricky Rubio ?

All Star
» Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:42 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:

Hey GSW2006, do you think the warriors should trade Monta to Minnie for Ricky Rubio ?

no...because rubio won't be here for another 2 years... what's the point of trading for rubio if he's not coming here and we could just wait and see what monta looks like after 2 years.

All Star
» Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:49 pm
saintdee wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:

no...because rubio won't be here for another 2 years... what's the point of trading for rubio if he's not coming here and we could just wait and see what monta looks like after 2 years.

Hey Warriorssetup, I think you forgot to put [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] ... some people aren't up to speed :)

Role Player
» Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:36 pm
Beast Mode wrote:

ya cuz it's so unanimous that Monta's the clear-cut better player right? how is Monta better now? I'm not talking 5 yrs down the road, but today.

20.7ppg 6.5 ast 5.1 reb 1.5 stl

or

19.0ppg 3.7 ast 4.3 reb 1.6 stl

All Star
» Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:34 pm
It is doubtful any Warrior would shed any tears if he landed on another team that really wanted him. Only Jackson is outspoken enough to be public with it.

The others just don't want to get on the wrong side of Nelson. He will retaliate if they make it public and embarrass him.

Ellis is a very fine player and I would not like to see him go. If Nelson actually runs two bigs in the game at the same time (!), then Ellis will be even more valuable because of his ability to fast break those resulting rebounds.

If he has to bring the ball up after an in-bounds every time, then he is not so valuable unless he has the Jacksonian privilege to go one-on-one all the time. He could do that a lot better than Jackson can.

So, in a rational offense, or in taking over Jackson's offensive role in the tired old Nelson offense, Ellis is very valuable.

All Star
» Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:47 pm
GSW2006 wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:

ya cuz it's so unanimous that Monta's the clear-cut better player right? how is Monta better now? I'm not talking 5 yrs down the road, but today.

or

Oh, you're gonna use stats as your argument?

Lets forget that Stephen plays more minutes, has a far worse shooting %, turns the ball over far more, is asked to do TOO MUCH [anyone who handles the ball as much as he does can get that many assists] .. HORRIBLE A/TO ratio ...

It's not worth arguing. If you think Stephen Jackson is a better player RIGHT NOW then Monta Ellis, you are blind.

All Star
» Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:00 pm
I really wanted GSW2006's take on trading Monta for Rubio ? All jokes aside, I just wanted to know if he would do it.

Starting Lineup
» Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:36 am
GSW2006 wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:

or

You lost credibility with me right there.

Please make a poll and see how many people would even think jackson is the top player of our team, if there is one vote, it would be obvious it was you.

Role Player
» Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:46 am
Beast Mode wrote:
GSW2006 wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:

or

Oh, you're gonna use stats as your argument?

Lets forget that Stephen plays more minutes, has a far worse shooting %, turns the ball over far more, is asked to do TOO MUCH [anyone who handles the ball as much as he does can get that many assists] .. HORRIBLE A/TO ratio ...

It's not worth arguing. If you think Stephen Jackson is a better player RIGHT NOW then Monta Ellis, you are blind.

using stats is bad argument? ok non stats...

intangibles, leadership, clutch, will to win: - S Jax
versatility - S Jax

+ stats were better

btw if S Jax has horrible assist/turnover then what would you call Monta's A/TO, which is worse.

Wsetup -- Rubio (2nd coming of Nash or better) probably would've been drafted #2 if not for his buyout uncertainty. I'da traded Ellis for Rubio if we still had Belinelli.

whether you choose S Jax or Ellis, they both aren't #1 option type players and they both haven't made the allstar team and they both aren't that much better than the other one.