MAVS INTERESTED IN JAX AND ELLIS

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
oh an fyi for anyone looking for validity to these rumors:

Dallasbasketball.com via real GM wrote:The talk around Dallas suggests Don Nelson is interested in discussing a trade with the Dallas Mavericks involving the disgruntled Stephen Jackson.

Nelson may be interested in dealing the guard for a package of expiring contracts.

Nelson may also be willing to part ways with guard Monta Ellis due to the coach's interest in giving rookie Stephen Curry plenty of playing time.

I think the second part is just wishful thinking on dallas' part...

Role Player
» Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:35 am
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... eId=n7u4sv

how bout this one. they might bite if they get good talent back with
Ellis / S Jax for Terry / Howard. do W's have any 2nd rounders to throw in?

Starting Lineup
» Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:10 pm
GSW2006 wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n7u4sv

i already discussed this when i opened this thread... i would hate this trade. Why trade ellis for a much older terry. Would trading ellis for terry be worth it just to upgrade jax to howard? I say no.

All Star
» Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:32 pm
I hate to say it but I doubt Monta will be a Warrior long :x

With the way Rowell handled his moped situation, then firing Monta's "Father Figure" Mullin, the addition of Curry & now 1 of his last We Believe comrads Capt. Jack No longer Believing... The writing is on the wall, Monta is on the clock :banghead:

After Capt. Jack announced he wanted to be traded he was asked about his work out this summer.. "You look a lot bigger and stronger. Who’s been training you?
SJ: Well, basically I’ve been playing a lot with Monta Ellis. :pain10:

All Star
» Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:13 pm
O.G. Broe wrote:I hate to say it but I doubt Monta will be a Warrior long :x

With the way Rowell handled his moped situation, then firing Monta's "Father Figure" Mullin, the addition of Curry & now 1 of his last We Believe comrads Capt. Jack No longer Believing... The writing is on the wall, Monta is on the clock :banghead:

After Capt. Jack announced he wanted to be traded he was asked about his work out this summer.. "You look a lot bigger and stronger. Who’s been training you?
SJ: Well, basically I’ve been playing a lot with Monta Ellis. :pain10:

Yeah I agree the writing is in big prints on the wall, as soon as they drafted Curry I had a feeling that's direction they were going to take. The question is how long ? Am against it because Curry needs to prove himself, and CJ, Law, or Claxton defiantly not the answer.

But this are the golden state warriors nothing will shock me.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:34 pm
I don't have a problem with trading Monta. I would have a problem with giving him up for nothing, tho. If we're gonna trade him, we better get something good in return.

Although this front office is perfectly able to botch it once again...

Role Player
» Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:46 pm
The only way we should trade Monta, is if we can get a superstar as part of the deal. I've posted this earlier, but Monta is a player who had made great strides every full season he's been in the NBA and plays better throughout each season. He also is one of the best mid range shooters in the NBA and very difficult to guard. Something we NEED to close out games as evidenced by our inability to stay with teams in the 4th quarter last year. He is our best player and possibly an all-star. Let's see what he can do this year.

If Monta and Curry is a disaster, and we can get an expiring for Jackson, I say we try to get Rondo next summer when other teams are all bidding for other FAs like Lebron, Bosh, Wade and Amare. Him and Monta as a back court could balance each other out and run a high octane team. We committed to using him as a building block and should not abandon that plan so quickly. We should get players to compliment his inefficiencies. Right now though he is our best player and we should hold onto him unless we can get a prospect like John Wall in the draft.

All Star
» Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:10 am
some random Jax/Dallas quotes

Players and agents don’t understand what happened to Chris Mullin. They very much distrust Don Nelson, especially as he grows more and more erratic. They love that Rowell got snookered by Jackson, but still are disappointed Jackson went without an agent for the deal. San Jose Mercury News Blog

Stephen Jackson is due more than $35 million over the next four seasons. That means Cuban would have to cough up more than $70 million for him, when you factor in the luxury tax. Cuban might not blink about paying that much if Jackson would be a 30-plus-minute player. But that would mean that either Josh Howard or Shawn Marion would be sitting on the bench a bunch, and that's not going to happen. Dallas Morning News Blog

The Mavs have high hopes (no pun intended) for Howard, who took a while to click with Carlisle but played his best ball despite bad ankles down the stretch last season. They're excited to see how he'll perform when he's happy and healthy. The Mavs absolutely, positively will not send Howard to Golden State to get Jackson. And they wouldn't have traded for Marion and committed to him for five seasons unless they planned to give him major minutes. Dallas Morning News Blog

Role Player
» Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:02 am
RUN HOME JACK wrote:

i already discussed this when i opened this thread... i would hate this trade. Why trade ellis for a much older terry. Would trading ellis for terry be worth it just to upgrade jax to howard? I say no.

click on the link, that wasn't the trade I was proposing...maybe I said that wrong, we wouldn't be the ones getting Terry/Howard back.

DAL gets Ellis/Jax

PHX gets J.Howard/Terry/B.Wright/Claxton

GSW gets A.Stoudemire/J-Rich

DAL=Kidd/Ellis/Marion/Dirk/Dampier or S Jax
PHX=Nash/Terry/J.Howard/B.Wright/R.Lopez
GSW=Curry JRich A.Randolph Amare Biedrins

I think it's fair for everyone, except maybe the Suns would have a talent dropoff. But..it would be the kind of trade they want with the expirers + young talent. Also Amare said he doesn't want to be in golden state. But apparently neither does Jax (and Ellis isn't so gung ho about the team) so whats the diff. Amare might change his mind if he feels that the above trade would give the W's enough remaining talent around him.

All Star
» Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:16 am
GSW2006 wrote:
RUN HOME JACK wrote:

click on the link, that wasn't the trade I was proposing...maybe I said that wrong, we wouldn't be the ones getting Terry/Howard back.

DAL gets Ellis/Jax

I think it's fair for everyone, except maybe the Suns would have a talent dropoff. But..it would be the kind of trade they want with the expirers + young talent. Also Amare said he doesn't want to be in golden state. But apparently neither does Jax (and Ellis isn't so gung ho about the team) so whats the diff. Amare might change his mind if he feels that the above trade would give the W's enough remaining talent around him.

A backcourt of Nash and Terry ? Suns are not that dumb

Role Player
» Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:33 am
warriorsstepup wrote:
GSW2006 wrote:
RUN HOME JACK wrote:

DAL gets Ellis/Jax

or Nash/Howard/Hill/Wright/Lopez with Terry in his familiar 6th man role

$18.6 mil off the books for PHX for the 2010 FA's might make 'em go for it.

All Star
» Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:54 am
GSW2006 wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
GSW2006 wrote:
RUN HOME JACK wrote:

DAL gets Ellis/Jax

or Nash/Howard/Hill/Wright/Lopez with Terry in his familiar 6th man role

$18.6 mil off the books for PHX for the 2010 FA's might make 'em go for it.

That starting line-up looks better, but Nash is on the court majority of the time so him and Terry will be seeing alot pt time together.

You mean they would be saving about 8 million not 18.6, but they will also have to deal with Terry's bad contract that goes until the 2012 season.

Overall not a bad trade idea at all, for our team Curry will have to learn on the go, but he would have an excellent supporting cast. I did not really do any serious math but am sure having Jrich, and Amare will take us beyond the cap, so I don't see management going for it.

Rookie
» Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:05 am
i dont see anything much in dallas i would want that would make me comfortable giving up ellis. monta is so young and talented, two years could be the difference between him becoming an all star and top five guard in the league. and he would still be a decent age. i cant say that about many guys we would get back from the trade with dallas.

really we just need dallas to take jack off our hands and give us an exp contract..

if traded, ellis should bring us a bosh or other good/all star caliber (hopefully big) man.