MAVS INTERESTED IN JAX AND ELLIS

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:37 pm
Just got done watching the giants game, on the bottom line it said the mavs are interested in ellis and jax.

How do you each feel about parting ways with both players in a trade that may bring back a mav?

Some message boards have terry/howard for ellis and jax

Rookie
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:41 pm
I think I would do it. I mean Josh Howard is a very very good player. And this would actually mean that the drafting of Curry might actually be a good thing now. He could split time with Terry.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:45 pm
if dallas is willing to take him and give us anything, im fine with that.
I still want ellis on this team

possible starting lineup by seasons end
curry
ellis
randolph
wright
beans

or

curry
ellis
azu
randolph
beans.

All Star
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:43 pm
I'd prefer to keep Monta ... you guys aren't appreciative of what the kid can do... you will be once he's not on the team.

Though Josh Howard is a great player. Good defense and mid-range jump shot. Huge improvement at the 3 position and he can guard the opposing teams best player.

All Star
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:56 pm
why are we so nice to jackson.. i say we make him sit on the bench for the next 4-5 year and MAKE HIM retire a warrior.

All Star
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:27 pm
saintdee wrote:why are we so nice to jackson.. i say we make him sit on the bench for the next 4-5 year and MAKE HIM retire a warrior.

When you type out things like this, do you think first... I want the Warriors to be a good basketball team? :)

All Star
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:49 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:
saintdee wrote:why are we so nice to jackson.. i say we make him sit on the bench for the next 4-5 year and MAKE HIM retire a warrior.

When you type out things like this, do you think first... I want the Warriors to be a good basketball team? :)

Yes clearly trading Jackson's enormous contract will bring us back an All Star yea?

Its not like we're banking on this trade to push us over the edge...

All Star
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:01 pm
saintdee wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:

Yes clearly trading Jackson's enormous contract will bring us back an All Star yea?

Yeah, but buyouts and benching is a horrid, horrid way to build a winner. And the Warriors don't have a single enormous contract. They have a bunch of $10 million deals on the books. Many of them are too much, but if you want to see enormous deals check out the $15-$20 million some guys are getting, some (like AK-47) are much, much worse than what we have.

The negativity and never-ending bashing on certain players and our coach is just something else. I mean, even our banner is negative. How do we look to new posters coming here for the first time? Are we fans, or are we just an army of critics that do nothing but sling mud at our team every day?

All Star
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:14 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:
saintdee wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:

Yeah, but buyouts and benching is a horrid, horrid way to build a winner. And the Warriors don't have a single enormous contract. They have a bunch of $10 million deals on the books. Many of them are too much, but if you want to see enormous deals check out the $15-$20 million some guys are getting, some (like AK-47) are much, much worse than what we have.

The negativity and never-ending bashing on certain players and our coach is just something else. I mean, even our banner is negative. How do we look to new posters coming here for the first time? Are we fans, or are we just an army of critics that do nothing but sling mud at our team every day?

I'd rather that then an army of idiots who blindly support a team that constantly slaps it's fans in the face.

All Star
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:21 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:
saintdee wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:

I'd rather that then an army of idiots who blindly support a team that constantly slaps it's fans in the face.

So... who's the idiot here? You pointing fingers? There's other opinions on this Warrior's team that are held by very intelligent fans. Following the mob mentality and bashing Don Nelson and Stephen Jackson doesn't exactly mean you're a well-informed, intelligent fan.

In fact, so many opinions appear to be wrong on Don Nelson it's just staggering. Go back two years and read the endless posts on POB and the other "big" scrubs we had that didn't amount to anything on other teams either.

As for Brendan Wright and Anthony Randolph, they ended up getting their playing time at 21 and 19. How many teams have starters at 21 and 19? List 'em for me.

All Star
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:25 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:
saintdee wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:

So... who's the idiot here? You pointing fingers? There's other opinions on this Warrior's team that are held by very intelligent fans. Following the mob mentality and bashing Don Nelson and Stephen Jackson doesn't exactly mean you're a well-informed, intelligent fan.

In fact, so many opinions appear to be wrong on Don Nelson it's just staggering. Go back two years and read the endless posts on POB and the other "big" scrubs we had that didn't amount to anything on other teams either.

As for Brendan Wright and Anthony Randolph, they ended up getting their playing time at 21 and 19. How many teams have starters at 21 and 19? List 'em for me.

Noone's bashing Stephen Jackson. We just don't want him here, that's not bashing. When you are the "Captain" of the team and the main facilitator, you also take a lot of the responsibility when sh*t goes bad, just like he would take it if sh*t was going good.

Also, how many other teams have rosters filled with 20 year old players? Nobody is as young as us. Stop comparing us to others.

All Star
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:46 pm
No one's bashing Stephen Jackson? Are you serious? Do you read the threads on this message board on a regular basis? There's been so much SJax bashing in the past six months I could damn well write a novel on the subject.

And don't compare us to others? Are you serious? What are we, some revolutionary team trying some amazing new strategy to build a winner? Of course I'm going to compare us to winning organizations.

All Star
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:47 pm
First off, no to trading monta right now...

second, um who or what are we supposed to get back for monta and jackson? they aren't going to trade dirk, and howard's contract and talent is only good enough for jackson alone (don't want to do it anyway though).

Howard and Terry maybe? that's just stupid if you ask me.
Last edited by first off on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:48 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:
saintdee wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:

Noone's bashing Stephen Jackson. We just don't want him here, that's not bashing. When you are the "Captain" of the team and the main facilitator, you also take a lot of the responsibility when sh*t goes bad, just like he would take it if sh*t was going good.

Also, how many other teams have rosters filled with 20 year old players? Nobody is as young as us. Stop comparing us to others.
I agree with both of you guys (stuckinsocal and beast). This board is too negative, but with good reason. I'm not jumping ship ever, no matter how bad it gets, not unless the dubs move.

Now in regards to Run Home Jack's feeling that we'll get terry/howard for ellis and jax, I would love it, though I highly doubt this will happen. Knowing us we'll give up Jackson and Ellis for James Singleton and Dampier, lol, and we'll throw in a 2nd round pick just for shiits and giggles. :bday:
Last edited by JREED on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:49 pm
so one nut job in Jax for another in Howard

seems fair