Stephen Jackson wants out!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:51 am
ok so i see a lot of you guys ripping jack and i am curious. whats the big idea? its not like he is maggette....
yeah i know jack threw up bad shots sometimes and did careless things, so if we get anything good for him i will be happy. but in my mind, i keep finding myself saying gosh, i wish this situation was with mags rather than jack.
i keep hearing it will be impossible to move jack, and yeah it will be hard now that most teams have already made the moves they want for the year, but i dont think it will be impossible.
at the end of the day, moving jack honestly doesnt seem like it will help our team much (other than minutes for other players and maybe money).
i think we will still have this guard problem that is "ellis/curry = too short".

now even if we pull off something good to get bosh or david lee (highly unlikely), when does AR play? how does this work?

I guess we'll just have to see. good luck, i just really have a feeling we will mess this up like usual.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:01 am
Captain_Jack wrote:I am reserving judgment until I know more details, however look at it this way. A lot can change in a year, so just consider how much your attitude changed from the end of the 06-07 season to the end of the 07-08 season. Realize that while Jack may have truly intended on staying here last season when he worked out that extension, things change and situations change very quickly in this world. So based on current information, my response would be, suck it up tough it out and deal, but I am going to allow room for that opinion to change and I will consider other options.

I’m not sure if you’re talking specifically to me, but, if you are, my attitude did not change from 06-07 to 07-08. For what? Did yours? In 07-08, we had the playoffs in sight, things were clicking, but Nelson’s dumb ass ran the team to the ground, causing us to run out of gas in the final month.

When Anthony Randolph emerged (our future star at SF, most likely), including Buike and Morrow last year, yes, I would say things and situations have changed with Jackson—especially after getting his contract that no one else would pay.

I liked Jax his first two years, and when someone was here to keep his ass in-check. But after last year (tops in the league in TOs, technicals, poor FG, too much ISOs, etc.) trade his ass if he doesn’t want to be here. No one wanted him long term anyway. Right, “Get me my contract NOW ‘cause I want to be a Warrior for life.” :roll:

As others have mentioned, it's all over the news so it's a done deal. We're better off without him.

All Star
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:29 am
CjR wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I am reserving judgment until I know more details, however look at it this way. A lot can change in a year, so just consider how much your attitude changed from the end of the 06-07 season to the end of the 07-08 season. Realize that while Jack may have truly intended on staying here last season when he worked out that extension, things change and situations change very quickly in this world. So based on current information, my response would be, suck it up tough it out and deal, but I am going to allow room for that opinion to change and I will consider other options.

I’m not sure if you’re talking specifically to me, but, if you are, my attitude did not change from 06-07 to 07-08. For what? Did yours? In 07-08, we had the playoffs in sight, things were clicking, but Nelson’s dumb ass ran the team to the ground, causing us to run out of gas in the final month.

When Anthony Randolph emerged (our future star at SF, most likely), including Buike and Morrow last year, yes, I would say things and situations have changed with Jackson—especially after getting his contract that no one else would pay.

I liked Jax his first two years, and when someone was here to keep his ass in-check. But after last year (tops in the league in TOs, technicals, poor FG, too much ISOs, etc.) trade his ass if he doesn’t want to be here. No one wanted him long term anyway. Right, “Get me my contract NOW ‘cause I want to be a Warrior for life.” :roll:

As others have mentioned, it's all over the news so it's a done deal. We're better off without him.

Wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, just using a general "you". And I said from the END (as in after the season) of 06-07 to the END (again as in after the season) of 07-08. People's attitudes on this board changed dramatically in just one year. I'm just saying that if your (you guys in general) attitude can change from year to year, so can theirs.

All Star
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:55 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
CjR wrote:

Wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, just using a general "you". And I said from the END (as in after the season) of 06-07 to the END (again as in after the season) of 07-08. People's attitudes on this board changed dramatically in just one year. I'm just saying that if your (you guys in general) attitude can change from year to year, so can theirs.

The exact thing happened here, on this board, with anti-Nelson sentiment. 32 led an all-out campaign against Nelson in late 2007 for his decision not to give playing time to what was described as the Warrior "bigs," including BW.

Now, since that time no "big" Nelson refused to play has ever amounted to anything on any other team except, of course, Wright's decent showing last year as a second year player which, obviously, happened because Nelson in fact decided he was ready and played him.

Since 32's campaign against Nelson on this board any rookie who has not received a ton of playing time (especially AR) is used as proof that Nellie is a bad/crazy/horrible coach. Many, many here had ridden that bandwagon, ignoring the painful fact that Nelson has been the only Warriors coach to lead this team to any success in two decades.

All Star
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:28 pm
fine wrote:The wheels may be in motion.

Don Nelson Prepares To Talk Trade With Dallas

The talk around town suggests Don Nelson is interested in discussing a trade with the Dallas Mavericks involving the disgruntled Stephen Jackson.

Nelson may be interested in dealing the guard for a package of expiring contracts.

Nellie may also be willing to part ways with guard Monta Ellis due to the coach's interest in giving rookie Stephen Curry plenty of playing time.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61357/20090830/don_nelson_prepares_to_talk_trade_with_dallas/

It's a wiretap via a Dallas blog, FYI.

Wouldn't it be fun to have a home wiretap kit?!

Imagine Nelson getting all bleary and deciding to call Cuban in the middle of the night. Would that be fun to listen to or what!

And then, the supposed execs Riley and Rowell calling each other, just learning that Nelson has agreed to a blockbuster trade, but not sure just what it is! Then Cohan calls, wondering what the **** is going on and just why is the coach making trades and how much is this going to cost him.

And then Cuban waking up his passed out posse of skateboarders and gamers to brag about how he screwed Nelson.

Ellis will go out and buy a 200 mph road racing Ducati and Jackson will buy a .50 cal pistol that he can legally carry around in Texas.

Then, Nelson will quit and sue Cohan for a hostile workplace.

Cohan will finally have enough of this and sell the team to the first person who calls and live out his life on a small, but high-end, island. There he will read The Most Dangerous Game and then invite Nelson out for a visit.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:44 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
CjR wrote:

Sure, but there’s a big difference between fans and players. As fans, you like the players, the moves, the results, you applaud it. You don’t like it, you can disagree or do whatever you wish. Fans don’t get a contract and get paid. Instead, they spend money to support the team, many even through thick and thin. Players, on the other hand, sign a contract—a specific amount in tens of millions (usually) and for a certain time. This means they have a legal and moral obligation to the team and fans for that contractual period.

Night and day difference on a fan’s view changing on a specific subject vs. a player deciding not to honor his signed contract, especially just after getting it.

Regardless, I’m happy he wants out. 8)

Starting Lineup
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:13 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote: The exact thing happened here, on this board, with anti-Nelson sentiment. 32 led an all-out campaign against Nelson in late 2007 for his decision not to give playing time to what was described as the Warrior "bigs," including BW.

Now, since that time no "big" Nelson refused to play has ever amounted to anything on any other team except, of course, Wright's decent showing last year as a second year player which, obviously, happened because Nelson in fact decided he was ready and played him.

Since 32's campaign against Nelson on this board any rookie who has not received a ton of playing time (especially AR) is used as proof that Nellie is a bad/crazy/horrible coach. Many, many here had ridden that bandwagon, ignoring the painful fact that Nelson has been the only Warriors coach to lead this team to any success in two decades.

I didn't really care for Diogu nor POB, although I felt bad for POB toward the end not getting a sniff even during garbage time, even when he was doing well. Nelson has a tendency to dislike people, even with Marcus Williams last year.

Anyhow, no one is ignoring what Nelson help accomplished for us. I’m grateful for the 06-07 season, even the 07-08 season despite missing the playoffs. However, from what we’ve seen as of late, clearly he has pissed off a whole lot of people with his 7-8 man rotation, crazy/unwarranted substitutions, playing people out of position, free reign on Jackson, not playing the young guys even we weren't going anywhere, etc. Don’t know: maybe it’s his age, the booze, his pride, whatever. But it’s clear his recent coaching has left many people scratching and banging their heads. Hell, even other coaches/commentators have pointed these out. But what's wrong with describing things as they are today?

All Star
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:39 pm
bigstrads wrote:So yes!!!! get rid of Jackson, get rid of Maggette, get rid of Monta............play AR, Azu, Morrow, Curry, Brandan 30+ minutes a night...........

:D

i'd fly to wherever the f*ck you live bigs and give you a high-five in person if that can somehow happen.

Franchise Player
» Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:20 am
aletha33 wrote:
bigstrads wrote:So yes!!!! get rid of Jackson, get rid of Maggette, get rid of Monta............play AR, Azu, Morrow, Curry, Brandan 30+ minutes a night...........

:D

i'd fly to wherever the f*ck you live bigs and give you a high-five in person if that can somehow happen.

LOL..............no need man, Im coming home in November!!! get these deals done for my arrival! :wink:

At the moment, Id be elated just with Jackson not here............for anything, expirers, bench warmers, whatever............dont care, I just dont want to see his wasteful ass on this team anymore.

Ohh, sorry, I should have posted in the 2nd thread about this............even though we started talking about the Dallas deal in here, ohhh!!! someone then makes a whole new thread............awesome.

I predict 6 seperate threads on Jackson leaving, all discussing the same sh*t, by the time he actually goes. :roll:

Franchise Player
» Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:28 am
bigstrads wrote:wesome.

I predict 6 seperate threads on Jackson leaving, all discussing the same sh*t, by the time he actually goes. :roll:

LOL..

thats so true, but you gotta give the rookies who make the 5 other sjax threads some benefit of the doubt cause usually it's a subtopic of the whole sjax kafuffle like for example some of these great thread titles.

"Is Al Harrington going to intervene on Sjax meth use?"
"Why did Ms Jackson drop Stephen on his head as a baby thread"
"SJAXXX To CLEVELAND for LEBRON Trade"
"SJackson parks in handicapped spots & doesn't have the documentation"
"I ****ing HATE SJAX THREAD"

But no matter with how many threads we have? Least we got a sane voice liek yu BIGS :D "

Hall of Famer
» Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:11 am
warriorsstepup wrote:The so call leader Sjax wants out, even after all the extention and extended playing time giving to him by Nellie, let the scrub walk. Am waiting for the Sjax fans to come out and defend this one. Man it feels like the New Year, but the extention hurts everyone, it will be so hard to move this guy.

Still, as much as I'd trade him for his contract and another few reasons, he has been real good for the team, a real leader and motivator. If he wants out though, out he goes

Franchise Player
» Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:39 am
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:
bigstrads wrote:wesome.

LOL..

thats so true, but you gotta give the rookies who make the 5 other sjax threads some benefit of the doubt cause usually it's a subtopic of the whole sjax kafuffle like for example some of these great thread titles.

"Is Al Harrington going to intervene on Sjax meth use?"
"Why did Ms Jackson drop Stephen on his head as a baby thread"
"SJAXXX To CLEVELAND for LEBRON Trade"
"SJackson parks in handicapped spots & doesn't have the documentation"
"I ****ing HATE SJAX THREAD"

But no matter with how many threads we have? Least we got a sane voice liek yu BIGS :D "

Its just annoying man, especially when people make good points and no-one responds or gets to see them because they are off in the other thread..............ohh well, people enjoy the limelight dont they. :wink:

Role Player
» Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:35 am
So maybe this trade won't be as hard as we think. Terry has a shorter contract and could put up a lot of points in Nelly's system, so maybe he could be flipped after some nice stat-boosting. Only problem is Terry is specifically a guard and will probably take time away from Curry/Morrow and be a horrible back court mate with Monta. I would much rather have Howard, but I don't think that'll happen. I would even be willing to throw in Azu or a pick if we could get Howard.

Mavericks want to grant Golden State Jackson his wish?
By Mark Miller

Golden State Warriors swingman Stephen Jackson(notes) wants out of California. He supposedly told the team that he preferred to be traded to any team in Texas or the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Rumor has it that the Dallas Mavericks are interested in bringing the guard to the Lone Star State. Golden State couldn't expect a whole lot in return since Jackson has such an overloaded contract: more than $36 million over the next four years.
But Mavs owner Mark Cuban might want to force a bad contract of his own onto the Warriors: Jason Terry(notes). The Warriors' Don Nelson supposedly has some interest in Terry.
It's not clear if the the Warriors will trade Jackson now or wait to see what kind of nasty attitude he has in camp but you can be sure he'll be following in the footsteps of Gilbert Arenas(notes), Baron Davis(notes), Al Harrington(notes) and Jamal Crawford(notes), according to the San Jose Mercury News.

All Star
» Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:44 am
Maybe his wife wants to move to Texas.

All Star
» Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:17 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:The so call leader Sjax wants out, even after all the extention and extended playing time giving to him by Nellie, let the scrub walk. Am waiting for the Sjax fans to come out and defend this one. Man it feels like the New Year, but the extention hurts everyone, it will be so hard to move this guy.

Hey pup, You know it's probably you and me against the board on this one. I tried to tell our fellow posters that Jax wasn't all of that most of the guys here worship this guy. When Al and Pietrus wanted out this board berated them. You would have thought Pietrus shot Lincoln the way this board villanized him. Let's see what the Jax lovers have to say about this. You and i are probably the only ones here that think Jax is an average player at best. Oh yeah, bigs hates his guts too.

so I'm like you Pup, where are the Jax lovers now?