Stephen Jackson wants out!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:53 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Maybe we can package him with Monta and get someone good.


i still think cleveland would be a perfect trading partner for this. I was initially thinking maggs and monta, but jackson and monta works too.

Still, with that said, the warriors should just talk to jackson and convince him this is the place to be. jackson is important to this team, and if we were going to get rid of anyone, maggs should go before jackson.


Agreed. I'm just looking for an excuse to get rid of Monta.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:59 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I'm not changing my name, who cares!


You'll always be Jack to me. 8)

















Wait, that doesn't sound good at all... :mrgreen:

Moderator
Posts: 5370
» Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:31 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Maybe we can package him with Monta and get someone good.


i still think cleveland would be a perfect trading partner for this. I was initially thinking maggs and monta, but jackson and monta works too.

Still, with that said, the warriors should just talk to jackson and convince him this is the place to be. jackson is important to this team, and if we were going to get rid of anyone, maggs should go before jackson.


Agreed. I'm just looking for an excuse to get rid of Monta.


yep, we've agreed on this issue for like forever now

monta's demeanor quickly made me want to get rid of him. the dude is changed, still and will not be a leader. say what you want about jackson, he is the only one in this team that can step up and lead a team. sure he's not the greatest... prolly the worst "leader" in the league, but thats all we got. Monta and maggs gone before jackson in my book.

as for stephen Jax...Jackson doesnt know what he wants... he loves nelly's system (he says this in the same interview). he likes his teammates. I think he has been hanging with non-warriors for a while and got some things in his head. i think this will go away soon.

All Star
Posts: 3177
» Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:59 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Maybe we can package him with Monta and get someone good.


i still think cleveland would be a perfect trading partner for this. I was initially thinking maggs and monta, but jackson and monta works too.

Still, with that said, the warriors should just talk to jackson and convince him this is the place to be. jackson is important to this team, and if we were going to get rid of anyone, maggs should go before jackson.


Agreed. I'm just looking for an excuse to get rid of Monta.


yep, we've agreed on this issue for like forever now

monta's demeanor quickly made me want to get rid of him. the dude is changed, still and will not be a leader. say what you want about jackson, he is the only one in this team that can step up and lead a team. sure he's not the greatest... prolly the worst "leader" in the league, but thats all we got. Monta and maggs gone before jackson in my book.

as for stephen Jax...Jackson doesnt know what he wants... he loves nelly's system (he says this in the same interview). he likes his teammates. I think he has been hanging with non-warriors for a while and got some things in his head. i think this will go away soon.


Pass some of whatever you 2 have been smoking over here, must be some of that real good stuff, make me want to slap myself.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 773
» Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:36 pm
Yeah he wants out now that he suckered Rowell into a overpriced contract extention and he can walk out with it all intact.

What a chump Rowell is...
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
» Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:01 pm
Jackson, Baron, and Harrington were a tight-knit group. If there’s any frustration, it’s probably losing close friends and Jackson’s unsuccessful lobby to bring Baron back (even when he was available to us)—not to mention us not making any moves whatsoever.

Still, after getting that contract, absolutely he’s being selfish, and absolutely Rowell was stupid to sign him for that much to begin with.

Package him and ship his ass out. I'd rather have Buike in his place, anyway.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:44 pm
I am reserving judgment until I know more details, however look at it this way. A lot can change in a year, so just consider how much your attitude changed from the end of the 06-07 season to the end of the 07-08 season. Realize that while Jack may have truly intended on staying here last season when he worked out that extension, things change and situations change very quickly in this world. So based on current information, my response would be, suck it up tough it out and deal, but I am going to allow room for that opinion to change and I will consider other options.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:53 am
"wasn’t able to get a hold of Stephen Jackson, but I did confirm with a team source (and another NBA player) that Jax wants out of Golden State. He’s even hired an agent to find him a trade. Contra Costa Times



adds some more fuel to the fire
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:30 am
Well its on ESPN now..................and not just floating around un-official blogs and what not =

Lets get this sh*t done and let the real rebuilding begin!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/stor ... AHeadlines

Golden State Warriors forward Stephen Jackson says he has requested a trade and prefers to be dealt to the Cleveland Cavaliers or any of the NBA's three teams in Texas.

Jackson's wishes are rooted in a desire to play for a team that consistently makes the postseason, he says, something the Warriors have done only once in the past 15 seasons.

"At this point, I'm 31 years old. I have four or five years left," Jackson told Dime Magazine on Friday. "I want to be in a situation where I can continually be in the playoffs and get another ring. So that's where my mind is at now."

Jackson, speaking to the magazine in New York during a promotional event for a shoe line, said the status of his demand is pending.

"It's not about a decision I made," he told Dime Magazine. "It's just things are in the air right now. I really can't get too much into it right now."

When prompted with a question from the event's host about the Warriors' playoff chances, Jackson, who was attending with former teammate Al Harrington, matter-of-factly told the crowd: "I don't think I'll be a Warrior next year. I'm looking to leave."

Jackson has averaged 15.4 points over nine seasons with the New Jersey Nets, San Antonio Spurs, Atlanta Hawks, Indiana Pacers and the Warriors.

He scored a career-high 20.7 points per game last season after signing a three-year,
$28 million extension with the Warriors in November.

Jackson said he would be open to returning to the Spurs, with whom he won an NBA title in 2003, but would also welcome a trade to the Dallas Mavericks or Houston Rockets.

He also mentioned Harrington's New York Knicks.

"I'm just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship," Jackson said.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 398
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:04 am
dude...this makes me want to kick a field goal through that gap in his teeth.

All Star
Posts: 1469
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:29 am
The wheels may be in motion.

Don Nelson Prepares To Talk Trade With Dallas

The talk around town suggests Don Nelson is interested in discussing a trade with the Dallas Mavericks involving the disgruntled Stephen Jackson.

Nelson may be interested in dealing the guard for a package of expiring contracts.

Nellie may also be willing to part ways with guard Monta Ellis due to the coach's interest in giving rookie Stephen Curry plenty of playing time.


http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61357/20090830/don_nelson_prepares_to_talk_trade_with_dallas/

It's a wiretap via a Dallas blog, FYI.

All Star
Posts: 1910
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:28 am
Getting rid of Monta's tweener ass and SJax's volatility and contract would be very sweet indeed. The Warriors may be in a perfect position to pull the trigger with so many teams out there wanting to compete for the NBA title against a very strong Lakers team.

I'm hopeful.
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 100
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:48 am
So really now, we're rooting for another rebuilding season? I mean, it's actually COME TO THIS?! :evil:


Not getting a deal done with Baron at the end of the 07-08 season is going to go down as one of the dumbest decisions in the history of Bay Area basketball. It was like pushing that first domino down, causing the entire chain to collapse.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:11 am
J-Pinnacle wrote:So really now, we're rooting for another rebuilding season? I mean, it's actually COME TO THIS?! :evil:


Not getting a deal done with Baron at the end of the 07-08 season is going to go down as one of the dumbest decisions in the history of Bay Area basketball. It was like pushing that first domino down, causing the entire chain to collapse.


Yes, we are rooting for another rebuilding season.............because whats the alternative??? another 29-32 win season which brings nothing at all?

It all started with letting Baron go of course...........but the problem then became that they didnt finish what they started, or at best didnt realise that we simply would not be able to compete in any way without any kind of real PG.

Getting rid of Jackson for expirers will be a massive step in the right direction, with the young core and eventual cap space, we can be moving forward instead of either staying still or going backwards.

So yes!!!! get rid of Jackson, get rid of Maggette, get rid of Monta............play AR, Azu, Morrow, Curry, Brandan 30+ minutes a night...........Id rather watch those guys lose a game than a bunch of introverted, up their arses, ego maniacal supposed "All Stars" (jn their minds) make us an awful, selfish, turnover prone, bunch of losing chuckers.

Ps: Why in the hell would Cuban deal with Nelson???

I mean everyone/anyone in the league who takes Jackson off our hands knows they are doing us a huge favour...............so would Cuban really want to do that?
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 100
» Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:23 am
bigstrads wrote:Yes, we are rooting for another rebuilding season.............because whats the alternative??? another 29-32 win season which brings nothing at all?


The alternative would have been Amare Stoudemire, but they had to go and **** that up. But with a healthy Monte, Jax, Randolph and Beidrins I still think you're looking at better than 29-32, with a possible shot at the 8 seed. Granted if that's our best goal then we're screwed anyway, but I'd rather at least sniff the playoffs this year than to know going in that we're a team full of rookies and second and third year guys. That'll be great three years from now provided we can actually re-sign this crew, but until then we'll be taking our lumps on a far too regular basis.

bigstrads wrote:So yes!!!! get rid of Jackson, get rid of Maggette, get rid of Monta............play AR, Azu, Morrow, Curry, Brandan 30+ minutes a night...........Id rather watch those guys lose a game than a bunch of introverted, up their arses, ego maniacal supposed "All Stars" (jn their minds) make us an awful, selfish, turnover prone, bunch of losing chuckers.


I certainly wouldn't say the three guys you mentioned are awful in any sense. It's not Jackson's fault that Nelly mis-used him for an entire season, or that Rowell was stupid enough to sign that contract extension. And correct me if I'm wrong here, but we all thought Monte was actually pretty effin sick until the moped thing, and from the looks of things he should be right back to where he was, so why on Earth do you move a proven commodity to accommodate an unproven rookie?

Curry/ Azu/ Randolph/ Wright/ Beans/ Morrow/ Turiaf will be *fun* to watch, I'll grant you that. But I don't see a whole lot of wins coming our way without some more help.

bigstrads wrote:Ps: Why in the hell would Cuban deal with Nelson???

I mean everyone/anyone in the league who takes Jackson off our hands knows they are doing us a huge favour...............so would Cuban really want to do that?


A very good question. Maybe Cuban just likes Jax? :-o

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests