Drew Gooden interested in the warriors?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

» Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:11 am
bigstrads wrote:
The Coooach wrote:
dareedle wrote:]Jackson is to the Warriors ... as AI is to the Thuggets.

If Rowell the worst exec in basketball history right next to Isiah offered you a multiple year extention, I can't blame Jackson for signing the deal.

We are a young team, with some nice talent and lots of lottery picks (from all those losing seasons) ... why would you overpay and extend a player who will restrict you from acquiring a bonafide post player and/or resigning your young core.

I don't think our young players like Curry, Morrow, AR, and Ellis get better trying to rebound bricks from Mags and Jackson ... gee they might need to take a shot or two.

No one wants AI because good teams don't want the headache, and bad teams want to develop the young players. Last time I checked we finished around .300, and no one is placing us among the NBA elite.

Unfortuanately dareedle, you and I are the only one on this board that agree with what you so eloquently stated. I have been saying all along that Jackon is a mediocre player thats not going to get any better. We need to get better at that spot. A comparison AI at yjos stage of both their careers is OK, however, at one time AI was a star. Jackson has never been anything but mediocre. And for those of you disagree, look at hhis career stats. I displayed them another post recently. For his career he is a 41% shooter, and this is the guy who led the league in minutes played? He also takes more shots than any other Warrior. Is that what you really want?

Reg...............I know you love the the "Me vs the World" thing.

But seriously, and for about the 67th time now over the last 8 months................[b]why do you insist that you (and now dareedle) are the only ones who dispise Jackson and/or Nelson????
[/b]
Its baffling, because now, pretty much every single person here wants Jackson gone..............and basically the same for Nelson.

And you have had various conversations and celebrations of how "we all hate Jackson and we all hate Nelson" with me and many others.............for some time now..............and Ive also been posting messages/reminders/questions like this one too you...............for some time now.

Whats the deal man? just talk to us, why does it always have to be "Ohh, Im the lone ranger and no-one thinks like me!" when maybe you were a year and a half ago...............but for a long time now, everyone has been on-board and in agreement with you, wouldnt you be happy about that?

ugh, i sorry but this anti-jackson stalk is absolutely stupid. He was asked to be a #1 player for this teams offense AND guard the number 1 on the opposing team., Jackson isnt no number 1 on any team team, but he is starter in every other team in the NBA, and is going to be the third or fourth best player with them. We complain because he is being asked to play the best or second best for this team. Don't blame him for doing his duty. Thats the GM/coaching staff for giving him support/ poorly utilizing him.

I think people get so caught up on ridiculous stats and forget the actual watching of the game. I watched a lot of games last year ask Capt. Jack and First Off, we were the three consistent one's watching the games on the chat thing all season. I saw jackson pull some hail mary's up in the air at times, but i also realized that no one else was going to put that ball in the hoop. I mean seriously, who else was going to do it. Monta was gone. Maggette was tired fast. So Jackson was all we got. He also, and surprisingly, passed the ball well. people forget he is not a bad passes (he's no PG, but he does well). His D is good, but he tires himself when he is asked to do to much, which is acceptable. He is an ok rebounder for a guard playing a forward position. WHY DO YOU GUYS WANT HIM OUT?

I think Reg and Deereedle have a point bigs... i honestly think that the "i want Jackson gone" thing is a minority opinion. Maybe not in the heat of the moment, but clearly looking back, the criticism of Jackson was wrongly directed. Not the criticism in general, but pointed to jackson. Some can blame Nelson, or Riley, or Mullen (who BTW, was nothing special of a GM, despite the talk on this board). Jackson is pretty darn valuable for this club or any, and he will be until right when his contract expires.. Plus he likes it here and is going to be very loyal to us. He is a good teammate according to the other players. So adding all that, i don't see why you 3 guys (and others) are so Anti-Jack.

All Star
» Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:15 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:ugh, i sorry but this anti-jackson stalk is absolutely stupid. He was asked to be a #1 player for this teams offense AND guard the number 1 on the opposing team., Jackson isnt no number 1 on any team team, but he is starter in every other team in the NBA, and is going to be the third or fourth best player with them. We complain because he is being asked to play the best or second best for this team. Don't blame him for doing his duty. Thats the GM/coaching staff for giving him support/ poorly utilizing him.

I think people get so caught up on ridiculous stats and forget the actual watching of the game. I watched a lot of games last year ask Capt. Jack and First Off, we were the three consistent one's watching the games on the chat thing all season. I saw jackson pull some hail mary's up in the air at times, but i also realized that no one else was going to put that ball in the hoop. I mean seriously, who else was going to do it. Monta was gone. Maggette was tired fast. So Jackson was all we got. He also, and surprisingly, passed the ball well. people forget he is not a bad passes (he's no PG, but he does well). His D is good, but he tires himself when he is asked to do to much, which is acceptable. He is an ok rebounder for a guard playing a forward position. WHY DO YOU GUYS WANT HIM OUT?

I think Reg and Deereedle have a point bigs... i honestly think that the "i want Jackson gone" thing is a minority opinion. Maybe not in the heat of the moment, but clearly looking back, the criticism of Jackson was wrongly directed. Not the criticism in general, but pointed to jackson. Some can blame Nelson, or Riley, or Mullen (who BTW, was nothing special of a GM, despite the talk on this board). Jackson is pretty darn valuable for this club or any, and he will be until right when his contract expires.. Plus he likes it here and is going to be very loyal to us. He is a good teammate according to the other players. So adding all that, i don't see why you 3 guys (and others) are so Anti-Jack.

nice post crackerz....telling it like it really is.

and don't trip about jax and trying to get some of these guys to understand...it's like talking to wall....absolutely pointless.

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:38 am
aletha33 wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:ugh, i sorry but this anti-jackson stalk is absolutely stupid. He was asked to be a #1 player for this teams offense AND guard the number 1 on the opposing team., Jackson isnt no number 1 on any team team, but he is starter in every other team in the NBA, and is going to be the third or fourth best player with them. We complain because he is being asked to play the best or second best for this team. Don't blame him for doing his duty. Thats the GM/coaching staff for giving him support/ poorly utilizing him.

nice post crackerz....telling it like it really is.

and don't trip about jax and trying to get some of these guys to understand...it's like talking to wall....absolutely pointless.

Ok ok..............all I know is, when I watch Jackson "play"................I want the smash my TV to pieces.

He just infuriates me with his awful shot selection (regardless of whether he makes them or not) his constant whining, his awful amount of turnovers, the "running in quicksand" style of running he has, and his general attitude that he is better than he is.

His 2nd/1st full season with us, he was different, he still turned the ball over, he still took awful shots, he still winged after every call................but he was just different and seemed to have a positive influence than he did negative.

Overall, the thing I dispise most about Jackson, and the main reason I want him gone..............is his contract.

Not just because he bitched his way past Mully.............but for me, publically atleast, him doing that signalled the end of Mully by going straight to Rowell for his ridiculous and un-warranted new deal.

As far as the "general opinion" I was talking about...............thats just how Ive seen it over the last few months.

I think people have finally realised what financial hell we are in and how poorly Jackson played last year, in all ways...............f*ck the numbers, he was a pile of sh*t last year..............and I watched pretty much every game too man, as did most of the people who want gone.

I dont give a crap whether its Nelson's fault (which it probably is) I dont care about any of the excuses for his poor play and behaviour.............I just cant watch him destroy my beloved team both on the court with his insane play, and off the court with his insane contract.

All Star
» Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:47 am
bigstrads wrote:Ok ok..............all I know is, when I watch Jackson "play"................I want the smash my TV to pieces.

He just infuriates me with his awful shot selection (regardless of whether he makes them or not) his constant whining, his awful amount of turnovers, the "running in quicksand" style of running he has, and his general attitude that he is better than he is.

His 2nd/1st full season with us, he was different, he still turned the ball over, he still took awful shots, he still winged after every call................but he was just different and seemed to have a positive influence than he did negative.

Overall, the thing I dispise most about Jackson, and the main reason I want him gone..............is his contract.

Not just because he bitched his way past Mully.............but for me, publically atleast, him doing that signalled the end of Mully by going straight to Rowell for his ridiculous and un-warranted new deal.

As far as the "general opinion" I was talking about...............thats just how Ive seen it over the last few months.

I think people have finally realised what financial hell we are in and how poorly Jackson played last year, in all ways...............f*ck the numbers, he was a pile of sh*t last year..............and I watched pretty much every game too man, as did most of the people who want gone.

I dont give a crap whether its Nelson's fault (which it probably is) I dont care about any of the excuses for his poor play and behaviour.............I just cant watch him destroy my beloved team both on the court with his insane play, and off the court with his insane contract.

yo bigs, i too watched jax play every game...sans the toronto game that wasn't televised in the bay area. and i've said it a FEW times...nobody gets as frustrated with his play more than me...believe me. all the shi*t you mentioned, i'm in 100% agreement with.

contract...horrible, his crying after not getting calls...bad...shot selection...gut wrenching... etc...

the point is, i can see the positives that he brings to the team and despite what some of you guys think, he does bring positives and intangibles to the court that no one else that we have SO far can. those with the "i-hate-jax-regardless" will NEVER be capable of seeing this. NEVER.

that's why i get so sick of this jax bashing... like the dude's a scrub. PLEASE. he's far from it.

it also sickens me that those who bash jax are the same ones that are on monta's jock (not all, but some)... a dude that was absolutely pathetic and CLEARLY gave less than 100% effort on defense CONSISTENTLY. sure, give 110% effort on offense...75% on defense. HALF-ASS it monta!

i never question jax's heart and desire and fire to win...monta, not so much. i'll take jax's intangibles over monta's "skills" anyday....

monta's got perennial loser written all over him...

i'll get knocked for that last comment but i could f*cken care less...until that boy starts to care and starts to play with some heart on defense, f*ck him.

» Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:41 pm
aletha33 wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Ok ok..............all I know is, when I watch Jackson "play"................I want the smash my TV to pieces.

yo bigs, i too watched jax play every game...sans the toronto game that wasn't televised in the bay area. and i've said it a FEW times...nobody gets as frustrated with his play more than me...believe me. all the shi*t you mentioned, i'm in 100% agreement with.

contract...horrible, his crying after not getting calls...bad...shot selection...gut wrenching... etc...

the point is, i can see the positives that he brings to the team and despite what some of you guys think, he does bring positives and intangibles to the court that no one else that we have SO far can. those with the "i-hate-jax-regardless" will NEVER be capable of seeing this. NEVER.

that's why i get so sick of this jax bashing... like the dude's a scrub. PLEASE. he's far from it.

it also sickens me that those who bash jax are the same ones that are on monta's jock (not all, but some)... a dude that was absolutely pathetic and CLEARLY gave less than 100% effort on defense CONSISTENTLY. sure, give 110% effort on offense...75% on defense. HALF-ASS it monta!

i never question jax's heart and desire and fire to win...monta, not so much. i'll take jax's intangibles over monta's "skills" anyday....

i'll get knocked for that last comment but i could f*cken care less...until that boy starts to care and starts to play with some heart on defense, f*ck him.

well, i wont go to the extreme words or opinions as you have aletha, but more or less i am in agreement. I would definately rather have monta gone over jackson. Something happen last year (no, not the injury) that i saw something different in Monta.

He didn't care much for the team... he picked his moments to play and picked his moments to stay idle.... He grew a huge ego (and not in a good way). We saw a new person out there, and it wasn't working with the team chemestry. Jackson has a huge ego too, but i feel like it does positive to the atmosphere of the team... i dunno how to explain it, but watching the games you see it. OH and Monta isn't a leader. Jackson at least takes the challenge of attempting to be one. Monta can never do that.

All Star
» Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:18 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
aletha33 wrote:

well, i wont go to the extreme words or opinions as you have aletha, but more or less i am in agreement. I would definately rather have monta gone over jackson. Something happen last year (no, not the injury) that i saw something different in Monta.

He didn't care much for the team... he picked his moments to play and picked his moments to stay idle.... He grew a huge ego (and not in a good way). We saw a new person out there, and it wasn't working with the team chemestry. Jackson has a huge ego too, but i feel like it does positive to the atmosphere of the team... i dunno how to explain it, but watching the games you see it. OH and Monta isn't a leader. Jackson at least takes the challenge of attempting to be one. Monta can never do that.

Leadership over productivity is this The Boys Scouts or is it the NBA, People act like they are at the practices, and in the team huddles hearing what is being said to judge what makes a team leader. People seeing Egos and atmosphere of the team, this is basketball we are talking about right? People are over-rating and over-valuing Leadership. Hello there is a reason there is a COACH.

What kind of leadership qualities are you guys talking about? How bout this one, refrain from talking to the refs, and get back on defense, now that would be a sign of leadership. Or wait, if that’s an example of leading by actions the entire team should follow those foot steps. If a player is having an off night how about that extra pass to your teammates, but wait be a leader and force the issue. But he does so much more for the team, yes of course he does.

A guy shoots 41 % in the year, turns the ball nearly 4 times but some how he is more valued than a player who is way more efficient even after an injury and surgery.

Am sure the pro Jax folks would fit in just perfectly with Rowell, and get blinded by so call leader-ship role and effort not productivity and sign him another 3 years. People making excuses for the guy, until his game changes he will be criticized.

Its funny we won more when during Monta’s 25 game stint and had a better winning percentage with him out there, but he some how messed up the chemistry of the game ? Messing chemistry is not passing the ball or making the wrong decisions. Am glad some people don’t work in the front office it would just be more of the same.

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:23 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
aletha33 wrote:

Yeah, you guys are spot on about Monta..............we all saw it but I think few want to admit it, given how much we have invested in him.

He has grown a serious attitude problem, one which is very much displayed in his "internal" play............even when he is creating for others and effectively doing what we want from him, its almost likes its = "See! I can play PG! now give me the ball back so I can score!"

Going back to Jackson.............yes, there is the intagibles, of course I see them, no, Im not blinded by all the things that make me dispise him.

Its just that all the reasons he drives me mad FAR out-weigh those intangible things that he brings.............Im sorry but a few high fives, an inspiring pass every 15th possesion, making the most effort with one-on-one D than anyone on our team (and its still not great) and a little motivational word here and there...............do not make up for the pure net negative that he leaves out there on the court.

Also guys, its weird for me, as I have NEVER disliked one of my boys like this...............in all my years, all the bad teams, all the awful players, I have never felt this pure dislike for one player..............so its strange for me you know. :wink:

Role Player
» Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:10 pm
I can't hate on the guy. He is far from the Warriors main problem.

Jackson (along wth Randolf) provides abit of the mongeral and intensity this club needs. You take the good and the bad with this vet but for me he is fearless and exemplifies a warrior. A great peice to have at any club as long as he contributes to the team instead of dominating it. (Nelson?)

Bigstrads said it.

Jackson was great at 7mil for 3yrs. (?)

Now that he's being overpaid and for to long he loses alot of his appeal.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:27 pm
gooden is from the rich not the town, but either way i wanted him maybe 5 years ago but not now....