Drew Gooden interested in the warriors?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:52 pm
just read it off of golden state of mind but don't know how true it is, if so i think it would be a good move only if we land amare but if not i think we shouldn't i mean if we did sign him as the roster is either he would be taking minutes from our young guys or being a bench warmer.

monta/curry
jack/morrow
mags/buiki
ar/gooden
amare/turiaf

or

monta/curry
jack/morrow
mags/buiki
ar/davidson
biedrins/turiaf

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:52 pm
Gooden doesn't fit here, we don't need him either

Founder
» Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:11 pm
bleh

All Star
» Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:39 pm
He's from the town right? I'm sure he might want to come back home. he can occasionally get the job done, and he's 27, but ultimately I think he would ask for too much and do too little. If we trade for amare than he'd get in the way of randolph, if we don't he'd get in the way of right (aka Don would play him because he's older than wright, not better).

PS
I think you need to update your sig, 2 of the 5 band members have left

Role Player
» Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:37 am
first off wrote:He's from the town right? I'm sure he might want to come back home. he can occasionally get the job done, and he's 27, but ultimately I think he would ask for too much and do too little. If we trade for amare than he'd get in the way of randolph, if we don't he'd get in the way of right (aka Don would play him because he's older than wright, not better).

PS

so if we traded bw beans and marco whos our bigs gonna be? amare,ar,turiaf and...davidson? yeah drew is from the town or el ceritto close enough, i think he would play very hard for his home town and grab some boards (something we need and would be a better backup to ar than davidson.

ps thanks for reminding me about the sig i diddn't even dawn on me the two were gone.

Role Player
» Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:42 am
hey, he's an upgrade from wright, if u can get him on da cheap...but I think you only get one of the two, if any at all...either gooden or amare, but I don't see them going after or wanting both?

All Star
» Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:47 am
mista240sx wrote:
first off wrote:He's from the town right? I'm sure he might want to come back home. he can occasionally get the job done, and he's 27, but ultimately I think he would ask for too much and do too little. If we trade for amare than he'd get in the way of randolph, if we don't he'd get in the way of right (aka Don would play him because he's older than wright, not better).

PS

so if we traded bw beans and marco whos our bigs gonna be? amare,ar,turiaf and...davidson? yeah drew is from the town or el ceritto close enough, i think he would play very hard for his home town and grab some boards (something we need and would be a better backup to ar than davidson.

ps thanks for reminding me about the sig i diddn't even dawn on me the two were gone.

It's just my opinion, but I don't think Amare will play center, even in the nellie offense. I think for all the good he will do on offense, he'll just give it up defensively against real centers. I also don't think Randolph will play center very well... right now. even if he gets up to 220 by the start of the season, he will be playing against much stronger, heavier players. case in point - amare and AR are both fours (for now). if we pick up another player after the trade it should be a true center.

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:53 am
Gooden is a cancer.........plain and simple.

All Star
» Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:57 am
bigstrads wrote:Gooden is a cancer.........plain and simple.

that too. i think he was on my warriors black list for the same reasoning.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:27 am
I'm not a fan of Gooden. SA kept him on the bench in the playoffs and don't seem to want him, now. That's not a good sign.

All Star
» Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:50 am
i dont like gooden...

but if we could sign him to a 1 year deal for the league minimum ( which would never happen ) i would be all for it... he's a big body, he's an above average rebounder and he would help keep AR and goose out of foul trouble...

Rookie
» Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:58 am
I would rather grab leon powe. hes a home town hero in oakland. He was pretty impressing 2 years ago when the celtics beat the lakers. Even if he was injured i think its a better risk then having gooden. powe could be another big strong guy in our team other then those athletic skinnys (AR,Beans,Wright)

All Star
» Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:10 am
ronstaaaaa wrote:I would rather grab leon powe. hes a home town hero in oakland. He was pretty impressing 2 years ago when the celtics beat the lakers. Even if he was injured i think its a better risk then having gooden. powe could be another big strong guy in our team other then those athletic skinnys (AR,Beans,Wright)

i prefer powe as well... my only issue with powe is that he's injured... i dont think he'll back until the all-star break ( im not 100% sure about that, but thats what ive heard )

All Star
» Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:19 am
Wasn't Gooden unceremoniously cut by Cleveland and picked up on the scrap heap by San Antonio? How could he possibly help us here? We need an impact player or two.

All Star
» Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:26 am
It's that time of year again. The drew gooden rumors are starting. Well he's from the area, he'd be a good fit here right? WRONG!!! he's not a good player why the hell do we need more dead weight on this team?