Cohan looking to sell..

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:13 pm
I heard this a week ago via Mitch Richmond as he was silently pushed out the organization, also Cohan was Fukn with Mitch & Mullie on Bull Sh*t stuff like getting tickets :evil: Also there is no beef between Mullin & Nellie, that was between Mullie & Cohan & his puppet Bobby & Mullie's Asst who was fired for having Mullies back :banghead: Fuk off Cohan please.

Warriors big picture: Is Cohan getting ready to sell?
Posted by Tim Kawakami on July 3rd, 2009 at 4:15 pm | Categorized as NBA, Warriors

We’ve all heard the rumors for years. They have been denied each and every time. I’ve listened and not taken the rumors seriously in previous iterations.

But this time I’ve heard it from several people very close to the situation and in the league, with little room for doubt on their part:

Warriors owner Chris Cohan is believed to be seriously considering selling his 80% stake in the franchise in the next year or two, according to the sources. (He took control of the franchise in January 1995.)

In fact, one knowledgeable source said it’s “highly likely” that Cohan will sell most or all of his controlling interest in the team, possibly pulling back only if the current recession unexpectedly continues through 2011 and Cohan can’t get the price he wants.

The sources did not give specific reasons for Cohan’s potential sell-off, and all of them noted that Cohan has spoiled soon-to-sell speculation several times in the past.

But one source pointed to Cohan’s long-running battle with the IRS and another theorized that Cohan has wearied of the criticism he receives for the team’s run of disappointment, which includes 1 playoff season and 14 seasons in which the team did not reach the postseason.

There are no immediately obvious candidates to purchase the Warriors, though there surely would be no shortage of interested parties.

In July 2004, Cohan sold off a 20% stake to a group of four investors–Michael Marks, Jim Davidson, John Thompson and Fred Harman.

The investors apparently do not hold an option to purchase control if Cohan should sell, but potentially would be in the conversation for future ownership.

Oracle billionaire Larry Ellison and film-maker George Lucas have been speculated, at various times, as potential candidates to purchase the Warriors.

The reviving of the Cohan question only adds further emphasis to the Warriors’ current climate of uncertainty, with Don Nelson, a 69-year-old coach just starting a two-year deal, with Larry Riley, a first-year GM at 64, and with a young, unbalanced roster that has large salary commitments through the next four seasons.

All Star
» Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:16 pm
Too good to be true.that would be like waking up from a long long nightmare

Starting Lineup
» Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:24 pm
Haha I just posted this in another thread but I think you beat me by about a minute.

All Star
» Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:40 pm
wish this one come true....

:D

All Star
» Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:08 pm
Cohan is just inept for keeping Rowell.

» Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:31 pm
I looked at the calender... it is not April 1st... so hopefully this aint no joke.

yeah, i hope they find an owner or owners that are more fans of the team rather than just for profit. Like, owners that do it for both. I would love to have a passionate management. So hopefully that happens.

All Star
» Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:33 pm
[-o< [-o< [-o<

All Star
» Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:49 pm
wish i had the money

All Star
» Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:59 pm
I'm about to read this thread, and I hope to god this is for real... fvck you if you are making this up.

edit---

well it's real... but it's T.K.BS real.
Last edited by first off on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie
» Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:06 pm
This is even better than getting Amare (for now)

All Star
» Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:16 pm
haleluyah!! :D Please make it happen!

All Star
» Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:35 pm
not a religious man by any means, but I'm praying to God/Allah/Jebus/Yoda this happens

Franchise Player
» Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:46 pm
would love to see George Lucas buy the team!!!

Founder
» Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:05 pm
Please sell and put us all out of our misery. (are you going to sue me Cohan for saying that???)

Starting Lineup
» Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:17 pm
If cohan sells the team it will prove once and for all that God truly exists!!! [-o<