Williams

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


All Star
Posts: 1096
» Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:22 pm
HuskyGuy wrote:Obviously I'm biased but, MWill absolutely can shoot the ball, even from three.

I know he has problems staying in front of other PG's, and I can't comment on his work ethic, but to not play him, not trade him, not release him, and not send him to the D-League is just freaking strange. I've never seen anything like it.

Why hinder a players development like that?


ummm plenty of team do it... there are lot of player who do nothing but sit on the bench most of the time.

All Star
Posts: 2261
» Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:25 am
After he showed up to camp M Will was told to get to a certain weight & body fat %.. He then met those requirements set & has since played a total of 54 minutes with 13 ast 4 to's.. The Warriors have desperately needed all year a pg that can pass the rock instead of having S Jax handle all the duties, M Will strength is handling the rock & getting the ball to his team mates in position where they can be effective which has been a glaring problem all year :banghead:

Too bad he won't be given a chance, Note he wasn't even on the road trip despite all the injurys, It's too late to play him now because if he shows flashes of what he is capable of it would make Nellie look bad or worse... Dam Shame.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2562
» Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:23 am
There's really no way to explain how bad this organization is handling to Williams situation ... The kid throws dimes.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1221
» Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:00 pm
Beast Mode wrote:There's really no way to explain how bad this organization is handling to Williams situation ... The kid throws dimes.


::lol:

i'll give you the fact that nellie could have given the dude SOME garbage time...

but bottom line: he's a scrub.
Last edited by aletha33 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1221
» Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:02 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:"Not a true pass first PG" .. thats exactly what Williams is. Please refrain from making further player evaluations and stick to making posts like "NELSON SUCKS!!!"


Who are you talking about? No one said that he wasn't a true pass first PG...did you even read the posts or just make assumptions.


yo Cap, think that comment was meant for me...

but he has this problem of either not reading carefully or not fully comprehending what he reads...

but whatever...
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2562
» Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:11 pm
aletha33 wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:"Not a true pass first PG" .. thats exactly what Williams is. Please refrain from making further player evaluations and stick to making posts like "NELSON SUCKS!!!"


Who are you talking about? No one said that he wasn't a true pass first PG...did you even read the posts or just make assumptions.


yo Cap, think that comment was meant for me...

but he has this problem of either not reading carefully or not fully comprehending what he reads...

but whatever...


Yeah, I have a problem with reading what retarded people say... I accidentally translate it into retarded text.

All Star
Posts: 3177
» Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:13 pm
O.G. Broe wrote:After he showed up to camp M Will was told to get to a certain weight & body fat %.. He then met those requirements set & has since played a total of 54 minutes with 13 ast 4 to's.. The Warriors have desperately needed all year a pg that can pass the rock instead of having S Jax handle all the duties, M Will strength is handling the rock & getting the ball to his team mates in position where they can be effective which has been a glaring problem all year :banghead:

Too bad he won't be given a chance, Note he wasn't even on the road trip despite all the injurys, It's too late to play him now because if he shows flashes of what he is capable of it would make Nellie look bad or worse... Dam Shame.


That’s a good point you bring up concerning reaching weight requirements in order to play, which M-Willaims complied with.
In this situation I wonder if Nellie was doing what was better for him rather what’s best for the team. Making a point of who runs the team and has power over minutes.

Was M-Williams that bad to have a DeMarcus Nelson who was NOT A POINT GUARD; a pf in college, get minutes over him? By the way DeMarcus is NO LONGER ON THE TEAM, what does that say? The problem was evaluation of the most needed position pg, and the warriors dropped the ball big time. I just don’t understand why Nellie never played M-Williams; instead we watched a chaotic display on the court due to the mess up at pg position. The question that needs to be asked concerning this situation is what was the harm of playing M-Williams? Really what was the harm of playing the guy?

Davidson, Kurz, Morrow, all giving time to play with this depleted squad, really what was the harm of playing M-Williams ? Ahh frustrating.

Rookie
Posts: 171
» Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:00 pm
apparently, they finally waived him.

gee, you think they could have made better use of that roster spot this year?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:53 pm
As MCJack said Williams is finally waived and it looks like we're SLOWLY on our way back to a healthy roster

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/war ... y_id=36758
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:58 pm
watch him sign with someone good and play well
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1757
» Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:44 pm
Quazza wrote:watch him sign with someone good and play well


I guess now we will get the chance to see somewhere else what kind of player this kid is. I would be surprised, not if he catches on somewhere...because somebody is bound to sign him...given that he is a former 1st round PG, but I would be surprised to see him make any kind of impact anywhere in the league.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 415
» Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:51 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Quazza wrote:watch him sign with someone good and play well


I guess now we will get the chance to see somewhere else what kind of player this kid is. I would be surprised, not if he catches on somewhere...because somebody is bound to sign him...given that he is a former 1st round PG, but I would be surprised to see him make any kind of impact anywhere in the league.

It's not like this was his first opportunity in the NBA either. He's had enough chances that it's clearly an issue with him, not with the teams he's played for.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1099
» Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:00 pm
Quazza wrote:watch him sign with someone good and play well


yea cuz he was so good with jersey :roll:

All Star
Posts: 1096
» Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:03 pm
Quazza wrote:watch him sign with someone good and play well


yes like pob and diagou huh?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2562
» Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:16 pm
jimbob631 wrote:
Quazza wrote:watch him sign with someone good and play well


yea cuz he was so good with jersey :roll:


Kinda hard to get P.T with J-Kidd.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 29 guests