What a surprise?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:59 pm
Baron Davis is much better than anyone on the Warriors.That's why I hate this team.Watching that game last night just reminded of me of what we could have had.Thank you warriors.

Rookie
» Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:14 pm
How can you like this team?Our star is Stephen Jackson.How pathetic is that?Andris Biedrins sucks.Believe me.Brandon Wright sucks.This team is a joke.I think we should all just become Lakers fans.

All Star
» Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:30 pm
YEAH! Lets all be Lakers fans!!

Everyone delete their accounts on the forum and lets switch over to the Lakers !!!

You first, bigbadsanjo.

Rookie
» Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:40 pm
what a joke of a fan :roll:

All Star
» Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:41 pm
yeah, lets go suck kobes dick like all the laker fans.

All Star
» Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:57 pm
threadstarter what is stopping you from becoming a lakers fan?

All Star
» Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:13 pm
I believe Kobe's left nut is waiting for your mouth, he is waiting for you bigbad :wink:

All Star
» Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:39 pm
bigbadsanjo wrote:Baron Davis is much better than anyone on the Warriors.That's why I hate this team.Watching that game last night just reminded of me of what we could have had.Thank you warriors.

Ha ha ha ha ha

I really wish you all could have heard the Clippers commentators last night, Baron Davis has been a waste of space all year, he has one good game and now he's "TEH BEST EVARZZZZ!!11!!1"

Rookie
» Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:54 pm
outside of the lets become lakers fans deal...i agree with the poster...I read a great article on Baron thats on espn.com if anyone wants to check it out. The Author pretty much says that one of the reasons why baron is struggling in LA is because he doesn't have that crowd to feed energy off of....I went to the first clippers vs warriors game this year (Morrow's 37) and that place barely had anyone in it...i actually think the warrior fans that were there were louder than the clipper fans...Baron could have that crowd to feed on here in the bay...and whether you like it or not we pretty much traded baron davis for cory magette...think about last year would u guys have done that trade? I wouldn't think so...I'm a pretty firm believer that if baron had stayed with us this year we wouldn't have lost Al and we'd be in the playoffs or at least the hunt right now.

All Star
» Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:06 pm
toMORROW wrote:outside of the lets become lakers fans deal...i agree with the poster...I read a great article on Baron thats on espn.com if anyone wants to check it out. The Author pretty much says that one of the reasons why baron is struggling in LA is because he doesn't have that crowd to feed energy off of....I went to the first clippers vs warriors game this year (Morrow's 37) and that place barely had anyone in it...i actually think the warrior fans that were there were louder than the clipper fans...Baron could have that crowd to feed on here in the bay...and whether you like it or not we pretty much traded baron davis for cory magette...think about last year would u guys have done that trade? I wouldn't think so...I'm a pretty firm believer that if baron had stayed with us this year we wouldn't have lost Al and we'd be in the playoffs or at least the hunt right now.

had baron stayed, i still would have wanted to trade al...probably could have gotten a big man though.

the original post in this thread is stupid...since when did we waste time feeding trolls?

All Star
» Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:11 pm
toMORROW wrote:outside of the lets become lakers fans deal...i agree with the poster...I read a great article on Baron thats on espn.com if anyone wants to check it out. The Author pretty much says that one of the reasons why baron is struggling in LA is because he doesn't have that crowd to feed energy off of....I went to the first clippers vs warriors game this year (Morrow's 37) and that place barely had anyone in it...i actually think the warrior fans that were there were louder than the clipper fans...Baron could have that crowd to feed on here in the bay...and whether you like it or not we pretty much traded baron davis for cory magette...think about last year would u guys have done that trade? I wouldn't think so...I'm a pretty firm believer that if baron had stayed with us this year we wouldn't have lost Al and we'd be in the playoffs or at least the hunt right now.

You guys think AR doesn't see the floor now? He'd be lucky to even dress for games if Baron was here. The problem with Baron is that he gave everyone a false sense of hope and the idea that they could be a great team with him around. It never would have happened and we would have wasted all that time being mediocre. Baron was never going to take this team anywhere but the first round of the playoffs (maybe), sometimes it's not ok to just be good and so, even though it hurts for a while, it's better to just cut your losses and move on.

All Star
» Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:31 pm
where exactly are we headed now though?

Starting Lineup
» Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:53 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:

You guys think AR doesn't see the floor now? He'd be lucky to even dress for games if Baron was here. The problem with Baron is that he gave everyone a false sense of hope and the idea that they could be a great team with him around. It never would have happened and we would have wasted all that time being mediocre. Baron was never going to take this team anywhere but the first round of the playoffs (maybe), sometimes it's not ok to just be good and so, even though it hurts for a while, it's better to just cut your losses and move on.

Baron's only playing the way he is now because he's on the Clippers. Mike Dunleavy is not a coach who lets his players do what they want. Baron loved it in Golden State cuz Nelson let him play with no pressure. Also I agree with the fan aspect as well. He fed off us and he also fed off Jackson. Baron's situation now sucks and he has no motivation to play well. If we kept him this team would have made positive strides this season. Look at Biedrins improvement. I think if we kept Baron around for 3-4 years this team would have been contenders for the Western Conference Finals. We'll never know, but to say that this team was mediocre with Baron is ridiculous. Players wanted to play with Baron and I guarantee if we kept Baron a good big man would come. We were winners when Baron ran this team. We are losers when Jackson, Crawford, and/or Maggette run this team.

Having Baron here is way better than what we have now.

All Star
» Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:05 pm
there really is no use in looking back... i think the best think we can do right is to have faith in what we have... i think it's pretty safe to say that this has been a disappointment season or a big drop off from last year to say the least... just have hope that everything will gel together better next year... hopefully we can get rid of a contract or two, add a veteran, or whatever the hell we need during the offseason... cheers

Hall of Famer
» Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:06 pm
Is this new guy JRich the former poster?