Maggs and Crawford have heated exchange

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:44 am
bigstrads wrote:Jesus f*cking christ..............how over the top and self self-righteous do these replies to my comment have to be?

Damn, I do distinctly remember that this is an internet forum, where it is sometimes a little hard to get acoss sarcasm.

Ohh but of course, from those comments, the logical brain must assume I am a murdering, blood thirsty, disabled person mocking evil swine, so of course I would love to see Maggs and Crawford horribly injured or worse..............or maybe it was a joke..................or maybe it wasnt................or maybe you guys should dis-mount from your crystal unicorns, atop your ivory towers and realise that people actually have emotional responses to things and sometimes dont say what they mean or mean what they say.

So many apologies to the lords and masters of reserved judegement and just general "I am holyer than thou" ness. :wink:

with all due sadness, it's rather true. the 'church' type tagging and overtly exploiting some insignificant stuff relating to some basketball happenings is pretty much the thing that can make one really sick. and of course, this usual analysis is and have to be Reasonable and, since now, Morally unstained, and only true believers and church goers know the truth, or at least can feel its gentle touch falling from bright skies :D
why make it religious?
because there is universal Reason, right?
and of course there are blessed ones who stand at the mouth of it reporting the Truth, the Fact?
and, furthermore, now it seems there is a universal mouth of judging what is Good Humour?

oh, lord, blessed be the ones with insight to your undoings on this shallow earth, damned and ridiculed the fools of evil loudmouth!
:D

Franchise Player
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:55 am
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Jesus f*cking christ..............how over the top and self self-righteous do these replies to my comment have to be?

Damn, I do distinctly remember that this is an internet forum, where it is sometimes a little hard to get acoss sarcasm.

Ohh but of course, from those comments, the logical brain must assume I am a murdering, blood thirsty, disabled person mocking evil swine, so of course I would love to see Maggs and Crawford horribly injured or worse..............or maybe it was a joke..................or maybe it wasnt................or maybe you guys should dis-mount from your crystal unicorns, atop your ivory towers and realise that people actually have emotional responses to things and sometimes dont say what they mean or mean what they say.

So many apologies to the lords and masters of reserved judegement and just general "I am holyer than thou" ness. :wink:

:mrgreen:

Stick it to them Bigs

Can I just say, before the replies arrive.............that this isnt just about this comment of mine or this thread.

This is about how Ive seen this place disolve into the great people being reduced to one line posts, mostly containing smilies............and the rest are pretty much a bunch of "yes men" who allow for no emotional reactions and basically berate anyone who doesnt sit back and wait for enough time to prove themselves right, before they step out into the frightening world of making a statement.

In a place like this, those who reserve judgement and dont react in any emotional way to things, and worse still criticize those who do.............for me, are quite pathetic, and are essentially just affraid of being wrong, so they dont go out on a limb at all.

The result of this, is a board where not much is said, and if it is, its the same old sh*t (and opinions of others that they previously criticized) regurgatated in another way to make themselves look good and right..........and the worst thing is that they usually receive praise for this.

Its just boring as hell, and isnt really in keeping with the true spirit and purpose of a place like this............which is to discuss anything and everything, vent your frustrations, be yourself, react, try and feel understood and that you are not alone...............but sadly its just turning into a board of drone like sheep.

Ohh and one more thing, its all about the balance.............and we have lost that here.

I mean we all have a part to play in making this place work and generally be a fun place to come and talk...........you have the villains, the officious people, the smart ones, the emotional ones, the negative ones, the positive ones, the nutcases, the philosophers, the middle of the roaders, the sit on the fencers...........so many different types of people combine to make a place like this work, and I feel weve lost alot of the balance of that.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:12 am
Yeah, yeah yeah, Biggs. But you did get me thinking:

If say...Maggs and Crawford were murdered, would the Warriors have to pay support for their wives and children?

I guess they probably have an insurance policy.
Hmmmmmm

Hall of Famer
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:24 am
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:

Stick it to them Bigs

Can I just say, before the replies arrive.............that this isnt just about this comment of mine or this thread.

This is about how Ive seen this place disolve into the great people being reduced to one line posts, mostly containing smilies............and the rest are pretty much a bunch of "yes men" who allow for no emotional reactions and basically berate anyone who doesnt sit back and wait for enough time to prove themselves right, before they step out into the frightening world of making a statement.

In a place like this, those who reserve judgement and dont react in any emotional way to things, and worse still criticize those who do.............for me, are quite pathetic, and are essentially just affraid of being wrong, so they dont go out on a limb at all.

The result of this, is a board where not much is said, and if it is, its the same old sh*t (and opinions of others that they previously criticized) regurgatated in another way to make themselves look good and right..........and the worst thing is that they usually receive praise for this.

Its just boring as hell, and isnt really in keeping with the true spirit and purpose of a place like this............which is to discuss anything and everything, vent your frustrations, be yourself, react, try and feel understood and that you are not alone...............but sadly its just turning into a board of drone like sheep.

Ohh and one more thing, its all about the balance.............and we have lost that here.

I mean we all have a part to play in making this place work and generally be a fun place to come and talk...........you have the villains, the officious people, the smart ones, the emotional ones, the negative ones, the positive ones, the nutcases, the philosophers, the middle of the roaders, the sit on the fencers...........so many different types of people combine to make a place like this work, and I feel weve lost alot of the balance of that.

Since you brought it up, I have to admit - This place is not what it used to be and that is why I don't post as much and when I do, it is just a few words. We are not robots and though I understand censoring things and everyone trying to keep low toned and being what is now called civilised, when in fact it just is not speaking out, people have got to be people.

This forum was like a frat house about two years ago, maybe one and a half years ago, with honest conversation and even a cheerleaders thread going, where all the boys had fun without harming anyone.

Things aren't the same and though I'm very pleased that there are a new cop of members, many with very good writing skills and opinions, the more open style has faded, though not totally, but it is diminishing and will keep disappearing.

Still, I like the interaction and definately the fantasy leagues where we all interact well.

Keep the love and respect fellow members

All Star
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:24 am

Talk about over the top. Calm down, take a valium, geez...

All Star
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:38 am
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:

Stick it to them Bigs

Since you brought it up, I have to admit - This place is not what it used to be and that is why I don't post as much and when I do, it is just a few words. We are not robots and though I understand censoring things and everyone trying to keep low toned and being what is now called civilised, when in fact it just is not speaking out, people have got to be people.

This forum was like a frat house about two years ago, maybe one and a half years ago, with honest conversation and even a cheerleaders thread going, where all the boys had fun without harming anyone.

Things aren't the same and though I'm very pleased that there are a new cop of members, many with very good writing skills and opinions, the more open style has faded, though not totally, but it is diminishing and will keep disappearing.

Still, I like the interaction and definately the fantasy leagues where we all interact well.

well, since you and I, along with TMC and 32 were the main contributors who were around then, I remember the board back then pretty well. you may recall we expressed incredibly strong and vigorous disagreement with each other. No one got jumped on for disagreeing. We were expected to bring it, make our point and take our lumps. You and I went at it pretty hard with no major damage, though don't paint it too rosy. You got kicked out as mod, 32 quit the board, etc. One of our best posters, who is a friend, Pest, quit the board because he got disgusted with the low level this board had descended to. It used to be a place where adults could express themselves freely and vigorously. Now, it appears, much of this board seems to be a bitch session about Crawford and Maggette, regardless of what they do. Frankly, it is dull and uninteresting. (one of the reasons Pest stopped posting.) The **** is getting ugly and personal in a way it never was (o.k. it was between you and 32) and is ruining the board, and something has to change. I will not apologize for disagreeing in the strongest terms with someone, and to be personally attacked each time by my own little iliterate doppelganger is just plain boring.

Maybe it is just that the team had promise and then went south, but something has to change.

All Star
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:50 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:

Stick it to them Bigs

well, since you and I, along with TMC and 32 were the main contributors who were around then, I remember the board back then pretty well. you may recall we expressed incredibly strong and vigorous disagreement with each other. No one got jumped on for disagreeing. We were expected to bring it, make our point and take our lumps. You and I went at it pretty hard with no major damage, though don't paint it too rosy. You got kicked out as mod, 32 quit the board, etc. One of our best posters, who is a friend, Pest, quit the board because he got disgusted with the low level this board had descended to. It used to be a place where adults could express themselves freely and vigorously. Now, it appears, much of this board seems to be a bitch session about Crawford and Maggette, regardless of what they do. Frankly, it is dull and uninteresting. (one of the reasons Pest stopped posting.) The **** is getting ugly and personal in a way it never was (o.k. it was between you and 32) and is ruining the board, and something has to change. I will not apologize for disagreeing in the strongest terms with someone, and to be personally attacked each time by my own little iliterate doppelganger is just plain boring.

Maybe it is just that the team had promise and then went south, but something has to change.

if this is directed at me, then i feel a big :mrgreen: for it.

All Star
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:50 am
Which reminds me of a funny story...

The other day I went to get a haircut. I've been going to the same barber for about 7 years and we get along great. Like me, he is a married father and musician. He asks me, "how are the kids?" They had given me a lot of trouble that morning trying to get them out of the house for school, so I said, "they are ****ing assholes" He laughed because he immediately understood my sarcasm and need to vent. Anyone who knows me, knows I love my kids immensely, but they also know I have a sense of humor.

why did I start telling this story again? oh yeah, James was just joking...

oh and btw, Ms. Loeb is hot... don't you agree?

Franchise Player
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:41 am
I think there are a few things in play here

1- A fan forum like this will ALWAYS be cyclical in nature as people come and go. The quality and tone will always go up and down. This board is a lot BIGGER than it used to be.

2- This is a frustrating year. The team gave us so much excitement and hope two years ago after a decade of losing... to have it appear to crumble so fast is very frustrating and you can see that from the posts here. Much of the general "attitude" of the forum will depend much on what is happening with our beloved team. When times are goood, things will generally be good around here. When they are bad, you get a natural decline. During prolonged ineptitude, forums can be pretty good because expectations are low and it is fun to all speculate as a group as to what the team needs to do to get better.

I think many forces have collided here and it is unfortunate but certainly not unprecedented and not at all unexpected. But all in all, this forum is of HIGH quality in my opinion. It is virtually troll free (those that are identified as such are eradicated quickly) and we have many outstanding long time contriuters.

That being said, it seems many of you are dissatisfied. I would ask that you guys contact any of the mods you feel comfortable with and offer opinions on what we can do better. We get many "can you guys please ban poster John Doe!" While we are glad to listen to these issues, they are not often very helpful. If you feel the board has gone down hill, please offere suggestions as to what the BOARD can do to improve things.

On a personal level, I have done my best to act quickly against trolls and the like. I have tried to spark a community vibe by running several contests with prizes that have been largely ignored (the DeMarcus Nelson interview failed due to a couple of unfortunate events). I have also suggested some software modifications and enchancements but I dont have any control over when or if those will happen.

In any case, please feel free to PM any of the mods with suggestions on how we can make this the best fan board around.

Franchise Player
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:44 pm
Well said, Bada. If you have a problem with others, just tell us mods. We've had a couple posters do that already. And while we can't cater to your every demand, we're here to listen if you have a problem. We don't just edit posts, activate memberships, and what not. Myself, Bada, TMC, and hobbes always talk about the problems on this board that come up. So if you have a problem, PM us. We can't promise you anything, but we can promise that we will do the best we can.

All Star
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:07 pm
oh no doubt that there's a few here, in which if you don't share their opinion, "your clearly not a true Warrior fan/what would you know/clarly your a moron" etc etc. I actually find it rather amusing at times.So condescending. I mean, no one's here cos they're a Knicks fan

And of course the board's going to seem negative atm. Look at us, we're a fkn mess. A Couple years of moderate success, and then being forced to watch it crumble down really gets to people. So yeah,people will bitch and moan, often about the same thing until they see it changed. That's the nature of the beast I'm afraid

One problem I do have here, is that there seems to be a notion that the longer the post the better. What's the point if you only write a couple lines. Often for me, that's all it needs and more often or not, I'm actually at work and don't have the time to write posts, such as this (oh the irony)

anyway, better get back to work ;)

All Star
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:20 pm
If you think this is bad, try being a Knicks fan.... they have brutal fans...

Quazza brings up a good point. I'm at work most of the time as well, not to mention I'm starting to show signs of carpal tunnel so brevity is key for me.

I come here to celebrate, rant, discuss, laugh and learn about our team and other things. As long as you are not a troll and you are not attacking a board member personally, rant away people. It doesn't matter if I agree with you or not.

All Star
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:26 pm
lol yea jackattack hit it on the spot. Theres really not too much diagreement on the board. I kno colt ur always gonna get angry when i bash crawford because i have strong feelings towards his game just like i get pissed when u support his game. On the knicks board I post on if u come in there and say something semi-homerish u get constantly bashed. Anyone who supported crawford curry randolph or marbury was practically thrown off the board. I personally enjoy the board, I havent been here for awhile but i love the different personalities like bigs tmc migya pawno etc. and the posting will get better.

All Star
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:18 pm
a tad off topic but if you want a heated exchange between team mates....

http://player.video.news.com.au/adelaid ... 700eT1N9e0

My beloved Carlton in the Aust Football League. Not only does O'Hailpin knock Cloke out, he finishes him off with a kick! All in an intra club trial game!!!

Hall of Famer
» Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:23 am
bada wrote:2- This is a frustrating year. The team gave us so much excitement and hope two years ago after a decade of losing... to have it appear to crumble so fast is very frustrating and you can see that from the posts here. Much of the general "attitude" of the forum will depend much on what is happening with our beloved team. When times are goood, things will generally be good around here. When they are bad, you get a natural decline. During prolonged ineptitude, forums can be pretty good because expectations are low and it is fun to all speculate as a group as to what the team needs to do to get better.

Yeah, that's a key. If you take a look at other forums, I don't see too much quarreling and are certainly never dull. I mean, the off-topic, fantasy league or sports forums are as live as they've ever been (a different point is why not many members even check them, but that's been the usual since we started having forums not related to the Warriors).

The biggest decline has happened in the Warriors and Games forum, and that's only due to the team. We're talking about the same points time and time again because, frankly, there's nothing else to talk about regarding the Dubs. Our young kids barely play, our vets are all chuckers because that's the way Nellie wants them to play, we play no defense whatsoever... Tell me what reason do we have to be excited about the team.

I'm not surprised that the Warriors forum has declined so much, but I can't blame our members just like that. It's more related to the team than ourselves.