Maggs and Crawford have heated exchange

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:08 pm
No extra words needed...

simply....

"Crawford had four points on 2-10 shooting in 46 minutes, while Maggette was 6-13 with 15 points in 33 minutes."

» Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:39 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
coltraning wrote:Hey, maybe they will die in a car accident and leave their wives as widows, too...huh, that'd be cool and serve 'em right for keeping bellinelli and Watson and Azu off the floor. I am hoping some of the comments on this thread are just a really lame attempt at humor, because some of this **** is really descending into the bowels of arrested development. If someone seriously is wishing someone physical pain and an end to their careers, esp, someone who has worked harder on and does better than 99% of the people on this board or anywhere will ever do anything in their lives, then that is just messed up. You may not like or even hate the way they play, but damn, it's not like they killed anyone or laid someone off or stole their life savings...they are just among the 300 best basketball players in the world...:roll: :roll: :roll:

Watch out Colt or they'll start calling you an irrational girl like they did to me.

Or an arrogant loud mouth, like me.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:10 pm
coltraning wrote:
bigstrads wrote:I think they should take a trip to the parking lot and solve this like men..............hopefully resulting in career ending injuries for both. :evil:

dude...seriously? wishing career-ending injuries on people, cause you are unhappy with their play? Wow...it is just a game, bro. Hope that was an attempt at humor...:shock:

YEA! I'd rather trade both their arses and they can argue and fight all they want on some other team :wink:

Rookie
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:38 pm
Well put. I'm sure they're both perfectly decent human beings. They just can't play defense.

All Star
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:06 pm
The Ws would be about winless without those two. And I agree with Colt about it getting a bit vicious.

It is Nelson who should be torn apart by wolves :wink:

All Star
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:30 pm
coltraning wrote:Hey, maybe they will die in a car accident and leave their wives as widows, too...huh, that'd be cool and serve 'em right for keeping bellinelli and Watson and Azu off the floor. I am hoping some of the comments on this thread are just a really lame attempt at humor, because some of this **** is really descending into the bowels of arrested development. If someone seriously is wishing someone physical pain and an end to their careers, esp, someone who has worked harder on and does better than 99% of the people on this board or anywhere will ever do anything in their lives, then that is just messed up. You may not like or even hate the way they play, but damn, it's not like they killed anyone or laid someone off or stole their life savings...they are just among the 300 best basketball players in the world...:roll: :roll: :roll:

this is overreacting to something that was simply explicit humour.
and the part about 99 percent people of this board and the rest of the world is just way off the mark.

Rookie
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:49 pm
this type of stuff happens on teams, players get in fights all the time, its not like crawford and maggette hate each other, they are trying to help the team out by letting each other know what could help the team...i don't see why everyone hates on maggs and crawford without them this team=complete ****, i can see why people hate on crawford more, but maggette has been AMAZING as of late and you guys still hate on him? It seems like here on this board no1 can do right on this team, we win its horrible because we're settling for a 8-10 draft pick, we lose its wow we ****ing suck this team is horrible...guys we haven't been healthy all year and look at us now everyone (except brandan) is healthy and look at what we are doing 2night, and how we were bitch slapping the spurs, and barely lost to the cavs on a last second shot...this team is alot better than you guys are giving it, its just been health that was our main issue.

Franchise Player
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:38 am
martin wrote:

this is overreacting to something that was simply explicit humour.
and the part about 99 percent people of this board and the rest of the world is just way off the mark.

It's hard to to tell the difference between explicit humor and seriousness when the poster doesn't seem to show any proof that he's playing around. That's why we have emoticons here. It helps tell the difference. If you don't use them, that's fine. But they should know that if you post something like that, there will be people here that may take it as a serious statement.

I'm not taking colt's side, I'm just telling everyone how it is. Rumors can hurt, but so can jokes.

All Star
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:00 am
32 wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

Watch out Colt or they'll start calling you an irrational girl like they did to me.

Or an arrogant loud mouth, like me.

you? A Loudmouth? Hardly. You make well-argued and well-presented posts for your point of view. May not always agree with it, but at least it makes sense. anyway, glad to read what you have to say, bro...I guess if people think it is funny to wish serious physical harm on someone, that's how they get their laughs...whatever. Like Xbay said, the sick thing is it might not be a lame attempt at humor, but serious. Either way, I don't find that funny, and I will continue to say when I think something is offensive. Warriors had a great win tonight, and the two demon spawn played well, esp. Crawford, even the box score said so, so it must be true. Lucky you to be at the game.

All Star
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:04 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
bigstrads wrote:I think they should take a trip to the parking lot and solve this like men..............hopefully resulting in career ending injuries for both. :evil:

dude...seriously? wishing career-ending injuries on people, cause you are unhappy with their play? Wow...it is just a game, bro. Hope that was an attempt at humor...:shock:

YEA! I'd rather trade both their arses and they can argue and fight all they want on some other team :wink:

how about tonight, MIggy? You cool with your boy Crawford's game?
according to ESPN's rankings, he had the 12th best game out of 208 players who played tonight (jackson was 4th), though I know that gets us further away from the holy grail top 5 pick...
Last edited by coltraning on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:06 am
EmceeT wrote:No extra words needed...

simply....

"Crawford had four points on 2-10 shooting in 46 minutes, while Maggette was 6-13 with 15 points in 33 minutes."

well, in the wonderful world of cherrypicking stats

"Crawford had 27 points on 10-18 shooting, 5 rebounds, 6 assists and one turnover"
so I have to imagine you are happy about that...

All Star
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:10 am
toMORROW wrote:this type of stuff happens on teams, players get in fights all the time, its not like crawford and maggette hate each other, they are trying to help the team out by letting each other know what could help the team...i don't see why everyone hates on maggs and crawford without them this team=complete ****, i can see why people hate on crawford more, but maggette has been AMAZING as of late and you guys still hate on him? It seems like here on this board no1 can do right on this team, we win its horrible because we're settling for a 8-10 draft pick, we lose its wow we ****ing suck this team is horrible...guys we haven't been healthy all year and look at us now everyone (except brandan) is healthy and look at what we are doing 2night, and how we were bitch slapping the spurs, and barely lost to the cavs on a last second shot...this team is alot better than you guys are giving it, its just been health that was our main issue.

I agree, bro. The Ws have played well the last 12 games, other than the two texas blowouts, and could very plausibly be 10-2 in those 12 instead of 6-6. A fully healthy Ws team as presently constituted would have roughly the same # of wins as last year's squads, imo.

Franchise Player
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:18 am
Jesus f*cking christ..............how over the top and self self-righteous do these replies to my comment have to be?

Damn, I do distinctly remember that this is an internet forum, where it is sometimes a little hard to get acoss sarcasm.

Ohh but of course, from those comments, the logical brain must assume I am a murdering, blood thirsty, disabled person mocking evil swine, so of course I would love to see Maggs and Crawford horribly injured or worse..............or maybe it was a joke..................or maybe it wasnt................or maybe you guys should dis-mount from your crystal unicorns, atop your ivory towers and realise that people actually have emotional responses to things and sometimes dont say what they mean or mean what they say.

So many apologies to the lords and masters of reserved judegement and just general "I am holyer than thou" ness. :wink:

Hall of Famer
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:01 am
bigstrads wrote:Jesus f*cking christ..............how over the top and self self-righteous do these replies to my comment have to be?

Damn, I do distinctly remember that this is an internet forum, where it is sometimes a little hard to get acoss sarcasm.

Ohh but of course, from those comments, the logical brain must assume I am a murdering, blood thirsty, disabled person mocking evil swine, so of course I would love to see Maggs and Crawford horribly injured or worse..............or maybe it was a joke..................or maybe it wasnt................or maybe you guys should dis-mount from your crystal unicorns, atop your ivory towers and realise that people actually have emotional responses to things and sometimes dont say what they mean or mean what they say.

So many apologies to the lords and masters of reserved judegement and just general "I am holyer than thou" ness. :wink:

:mrgreen:

Stick it to them Bigs

Hall of Famer
» Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:06 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:

how about tonight, MIggy? You cool with your boy Crawford's game?
according to ESPN's rankings, he had the 12th best game out of 208 players who played tonight (jackson was 4th), though I know that gets us further away from the holy grail top 5 pick...

Tonight Crawford did well, the other few nights before this one he did not :wink: .

What do you think of SJackson tonight, you usually go on about him in a negative tone, if only so slightly :mrgreen: