Maggs and Crawford have heated exchange

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:26 pm
Jamal Crawford and Corey Maggette had a heated exchange during Monday’s overtime loss to the San Antonio Spurs, according to a source.

Crawford, apparently sparked by a comment from Maggette, began yelling at Maggette about his selfish play. The usually mild-mannered Crawford was the aggressor in the exchange, according to the source, and told Maggette to "contribute something other than scoring." The shouting match extended into the locker room at halftime.

Crawford, reached after the game via email, sent a one-line reply to Marcus Thompson III when asked about the incident: “Don’t want to talk about it. We’ll keep that in house.”

Crawford had four points on 2-10 shooting in 46 minutes, while Maggette was 6-13 with 15 points in 33 minutes.

via realgm / Oakland Tribune

What do you guys think? I love how Crawford calls out Maggs for his obvious selfish play, but then again, Craw can't say much either from his end.

Let's discuss....

Role Player
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:36 pm
Wow Crawford needs to GTFO and learn how to play D instead of sparking up stuff.

Franchise Player
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:56 pm
I think they should take a trip to the parking lot and solve this like men..............hopefully resulting in career ending injuries for both. :evil:

Starting Lineup
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:57 pm
Pffft. At least Maggs rebounds. And scores consistently. Crawford take pussified jumpers and gets scared if someones behind him while he's taking the shot. I like his attitude, but the guy needs alot more in the testical department. Maggs is shooting a great percentage lately. He could definitely D up more fiercely, but so could Crawford...

Hall of Famer
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:02 pm
bigstrads wrote:I think they should take a trip to the parking lot and solve this like men..............hopefully resulting in career ending injuries for both. :evil:

:mrgreen: :evil4:

All Star
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:06 pm
bigstrads wrote:I think they should take a trip to the parking lot and solve this like men..............hopefully resulting in career ending injuries for both. :evil:

PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN!!!

All Star
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:17 pm
mags would cave crawford's head in.

All Star
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:24 pm
saintdee wrote:mags would cave crawford's head in.

Probably, but hopefully he'd also throw out his back while doing it.

All Star
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:26 pm
If I was Mags I just would have laughed at the chucking no defense bitch. He never takes ****ing responsibility for his own crappy game.

All Star
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:28 pm

dude...seriously? wishing career-ending injuries on people, cause you are unhappy with their play? Wow...it is just a game, bro. Hope that was an attempt at humor...:shock:

Rookie
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:39 pm
maggette seems pretty mild mannered, almost to the point of apathy sometimes. crawford seems to have the same demeanor, so this is kind of surprising. but i would not mess with corey and his guns. he'd make short work of crawfish.

just another example of what happens when you have too many scorers on the team and the floor at the same time.

package jack, crawford, and randolph for a PF or PG.

here's one idea that works in the trade machine.

All Star
saintdee wrote:mags would cave crawford's head in.

only if he gets a stat for it

All Star
Hey, maybe they will die in a car accident and leave their wives as widows, too...huh, that'd be cool and serve 'em right for keeping bellinelli and Watson and Azu off the floor. I am hoping some of the comments on this thread are just a really lame attempt at humor, because some of this **** is really descending into the bowels of arrested development. If someone seriously is wishing someone physical pain and an end to their careers, esp, someone who has worked harder on and does better than 99% of the people on this board or anywhere will ever do anything in their lives, then that is just messed up. You may not like or even hate the way they play, but damn, it's not like they killed anyone or laid someone off or stole their life savings...they are just among the 300 best basketball players in the world...:roll: :roll: :roll:

All Star
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:48 pm
coltraning wrote:Hey, maybe they will die in a car accident and leave their wives as widows, too...huh, that'd be cool and serve 'em right for keeping bellinelli and Watson and Azu off the floor. I am hoping some of the comments on this thread are just a really lame attempt at humor, because some of this **** is really descending into the bowels of arrested development. If someone seriously is wishing someone physical pain and an end to their careers, esp, someone who has worked harder on and does better than 99% of the people on this board or anywhere will ever do anything in their lives, then that is just messed up. You may not like or even hate the way they play, but damn, it's not like they killed anyone or laid someone off or stole their life savings...they are just among the 300 best basketball players in the world...:roll: :roll: :roll:

Watch out Colt or they'll start calling you an irrational girl like they did to me.

All Star
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:52 pm
Sounds like Magette told Crawford something he didn't want to hear.
Like, "play defense"... he got upset cause it's true.

ah.. this season is more a lesson in interpersonal dynamics than it is basketball...
It's like being forced to watch "rock of love" or wtf it's name is.
ok, it's not that bad... but almost...