Monta + Crawford does not match!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:36 pm
crawford will probably opt out this offseason, but who knows. truth is, we have a bunch of two's and no one's. thats not a good recipe. crawford to the bulls? seriously? they already unloaded him once, why would they take him back? besides they already have ben gordon at sg.

All Star
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:31 pm
Crawford was not loved by the coaches in chicago colt thats just plain wrong. They got rid of him because they saw he was an ineffective player, every time he goes back to chicago they boo him. Larry Brown liked Crawford off the bench and Isiah did not count. Mike frequently took Crawford out of games in the 4th quarter because he played zero defense and took terrible shots.

All Star
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:45 pm
ceddy wrote:crawford will probably opt out this offseason, but who knows. truth is, we have a bunch of two's and no one's. thats not a good recipe. crawford to the bulls? seriously? they already unloaded him once, why would they take him back? besides they already have ben gordon at sg.

well, they are just a little different team than they were in 2003, bro, different coach, etc...

All Star
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:54 pm
jimbob631 wrote:Crawford was not loved by the coaches in chicago colt thats just plain wrong. They got rid of him because they saw he was an ineffective player, every time he goes back to chicago they boo him. Larry Brown liked Crawford off the bench and Isiah did not count. Mike frequently took Crawford out of games in the 4th quarter because he played zero defense and took terrible shots.

Feels like cherrypicking to me, bro. Paxson described Crawford as the best player in that Chicago deal, and D'antoni called him his best player, so even dismissing Isiaih (who does know a thing or two about guards)we have to throw in Nelson, who is a big fan, so that means every coach he has played for has liked him a lot. It is kind of like Diogu in reverse. I was high on him (my Anthony Randolph) but after three different teams and 4 different coaches will not play him, I had to figure there is something lacking in Ike.

Reverse for Crawford: Everywhere he has gone, the coaches have liked and played him, so at some point you may need to look at that and ask yourself, are they ALL deluded that they can't see he is a sack of **** player, like I can? Are 5 different NBA coaches all on the crackpipe? As for Chicago booing him, you may be right. (Damn, do you hate the dude so much that you watch road games against his former team :wink: ?) I do think he is discombobulated with Monta back, and I do agree that it is hard to see the two of them co-existing. Since Monta will stay and has more upside by far, I have zero problem moving him for a valuable piece. I actually think he would fit in esp well on a team like the celtics or cavs or lakers, and no, not everyone would on our team. I can't see jackson or Biedrins doing well or filling a need there.

All Star
» Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:16 pm
I watched his road games because Im a knick fan. I watch every knick game. But anyway, Skiles had a lot to do with getting rid of Crawford. While on the Bulls Crawford also had attitude problems when he got benched and had fights in practice with Jay Williams who started over him so wat ur saying about chicago is untrue, ur just using one quote from Paxton who of course isn't going to bash him. Under Larry Brown I had no problem with Crawford and liked his progress but under Isiah it was a huge disaster. When Mike came he talked a lot about liking Crawford's offensive ability but like I said he often got benched for lack of ball movement and not playing within the offense. I don't take Nelson's opinion seriously at this point and regardless of what coaches have said about him, I suffered four seasons watching him shoot terrible percentages and play absolutely no defense. The worst part was right after a season he would blame their lackluster play on off court distraction, every ****ing year.