*Random Warrior Thoughts*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:34 pm
This is for all the stuff that you don't want to make an entire thread for (meaning it's not really meant for serious topics of discussion...those warrant an entire thread). This is more for random odds and ends that you find amusing.

Here's Smanis' (Monta's) first reaction to seeing his bobble head doll...I thought it was funny. Smanis makes me think of a little puppy, he's looks cute, energetic, and cuddly, but he's not always that bright.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS3ETcmieUc[/youtube]

All Star
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:37 pm
we need an image make over. New Colours/logo/uniforms

All Star
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:41 pm
Quazza wrote:we need an image make over. New Colours/logo/uniforms

Yeah! Like the Tampa Bay Bucs did in 1997...it turned their franchise around! That's what we need! I'm all for it.

All Star
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:42 pm
smanis??

All Star
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:45 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Quazza wrote:we need an image make over. New Colours/logo/uniforms

Yeah! Like the Tampa Bay Bucs did in 1997...it turned their franchise around! That's what we need! I'm all for it.

I really think our regular uni's are some of the worst uni's are some of the worst in the league, and out logo and WARRIORS font are horribly dated. That said, all our throwbacks pretty much rule

Give me a nice real dark navy blue and yellow any day. Kinda like Michigan

All Star
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:48 pm
The orange definitely has to go.
I don't mind the dark blue and white unis but the logo kind of sucks.

All Star
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:48 pm
Jackattack wrote:smanis??

Yeah, that's his nickname. My best friend is really into nicknames and so she has named all of the Warriors. I tried to refuse to use them, but when we watched games together I never knew who she was talking about and she didn't know any of their real names so I had to start calling them that.

Smanis is by far my favorite, but I also like Maggette's which is "F**K YOU! GET OFF THE FLOOR!!!".

All Star
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:49 pm
I think we should bring back the Hardwoods, those are my favorites by far. I like the Yellow City jerseys too, but I don't think "The City" works as well since they're in Oakland.

All Star
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:52 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:

Yeah, that's his nickname. My best friend is really into nicknames and so she has named all of the Warriors. I tried to refuse to use them, but when we watched games together I never knew who she was talking about and she didn't know any of their real names so I had to start calling them that.

Smanis is by far my favorite, but I also like Maggette's which is "F**K YOU! GET OFF THE FLOOR!!!".

ok, I get it, it's your friends thing.

Monta wouldn't say "what?" if you yelled "Hey Smanis!!"

All Star
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:54 pm
Jackattack wrote:The orange definitely has to go.
I don't mind the dark blue and white unis but the logo kind of sucks.

I hate how today's NBA jerseys are so bland, it's disgusting. There's never any logo on their jersey anymore really (except on a weird place on their shorts), a lot of teams use the same fonts and there's no originality.

That said, I would like it if we returned to the blue and yellow early 90's colors, possibly with the throwback 70's logo (the one with the state of California w/ star on it). Blues be away, get white with blue text and logo for home. That would be cool!

All Star
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:54 pm
Jackattack wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

No, I don't believe he would...my goal is to someday meet him and tell him that's his nickname though. I'm still working on it. I want to tell Jack his too, which is Abraham.

All Star
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:23 pm
Nba has decided to go with these three colors, unless you are a special old franchise

Yellow
Blue
dark blue
or
Orange

those are the colors for...
OKC
GSW
IND
MEM
DEN
CHA
NYK
NOR

or black red and white
CHI
POR
MIA
HOU
TOR

Wish it was a little more like soccer jerseys, where they are less concerned about fashionable colors and more concerned with a uniquely styled jersey

speaking of bad jerseys, did you see the new Charlotte Jersey with the checkered sides? wow, it's nice to look different from the competition, but man that shiit was u-g-l-y! kudos for trying though!

All Star
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:26 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Jackattack wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

No, I don't believe he would...my goal is to someday meet him and tell him that's his nickname though. I'm still working on it. I want to tell Jack his too, which is Abraham.

Jacks profile looks oddly similar to Abe Lincoln's? .....:dontknow:

how did she arrive at that one? and Smanis for that matter?

All Star
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:36 pm
Jackattack wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Jackattack wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

Jacks profile looks oddly similar to Abe Lincoln's? .....:dontknow:

how did she arrive at that one? and Smanis for that matter?

Smanis was a relatively logical progression. She likes to add "S" to the beginning and end of words (Swarriors, Smoms, etc.), it started as Smontas, then Smanas, and finally it evolved into Smanis.

Abraham...I have absolutely no clue, she just said that's what she thinks of when she looks at him. I don't ask anymore, there is rarely a method to her madness.

All Star
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:40 pm
Cool thread btw Cap. There's always random little Warriors bits floatin round that don't deserve their own thread.

for eg, these shorts i got last week

:mrgreen: