announcing?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:00 am
I get more and more tired of Bob Fitzgerald.I like Barnett fine,but Bob thinks he is just the greatest and funniest guy ever.He always makes these stupid little jokes and I feel like he's ruining the game for me .I wish I could put the tv on mute,but then I couldnt hear the crowd.Maybe I can figure out how to apply the SAP button and listen to the spanish announcers.Anyways thats all Go Dubs

All Star
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:15 am
i like fitz. he amuses me. I listen to his knbr show. though hes a little in love with all the warriors... he was gushing about dunleavy the other day.

All Star
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:05 am
saintdee wrote:i like fitz. he amuses me. I listen to his knbr show. though hes a little in love with all the warriors... he was gushing about dunleavy the other day.

Fitz ALWAYS gushed all over the Dung...his new man crush is on Andris - I find him pretty annoying and suckuppy, myself...enjoy Barnett, though.

Franchise Player
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:24 am
they are both AWFUL!!!!

All Star
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:35 am
I agree they are terrible....Jim has some old school knowledge and turns
his attention to trying to teach class ....while Bob must troll around teenagers trying to come up with the most current slang...ever now and then he latches onto a new ( to him ) saying and wears it out.....
one of the current saying's he is stuck on that drives me crazy is
( insert any players name) " Kobe with the SHOW AND GO "....
Bob pulls the show and go line like 4 or 5 times a game ....like he is just chomping on the bit to use his " new " line.
BRING BACK GREG PAPA

All Star
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:21 am
I like Jim Barnett. He is so old school, cut and dry, basketball junkie.
He logically breaks it down and keeps emotions out of it.

Fitz sucks though. Last night he compared LeBron to a cross between a rhino and a cheetah... I even texted my friend and said, wtf was that?

All Star
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:18 am
bada wrote:they are both AWFUL!!!!

Couldnt agree with you more Bada. I dont know who the Dubs should get to replace Barnett, but i want Greg Papa back. I wouldnt mind Papa and Tolbert...that would be pretty sweet. Barnett seems like he tries so hard not to be a homer that he spends all game jocking all the guys on the other team. Last night he was swinging from LeBrons nutz all game, then when he missed acouple shots in the 4th quarter he says "I have been saying all along, James does not have a complete game"......or some **** to that effect. That game was such a heartbreaker last night....I said the OKC game was the worst loss of the season, I thin this one took its place.

All Star
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:36 pm
JOEL wrote:I agree they are terrible....Jim has some old school knowledge and turns
his attention to trying to teach class ....while Bob must troll around teenagers trying to come up with the most current slang...ever now and then he latches onto a new ( to him ) saying and wears it out.....
one of the current saying's he is stuck on that drives me crazy is
( insert any players name) " Kobe with the SHOW AND GO "....
Bob pulls the show and go line like 4 or 5 times a game ....like he is just chomping on the bit to use his " new " line.
BRING BACK GREG PAPA

PAPA was the bomb! What a GREAT announcer...I don't mind Barnett, though. I mean, he has some great basketball knowledge, is not a shameless homer, and even tells the truth about bad calls that go the warriors way. He is comical, but I agree, Fitz is trying so hard to be down, he reminds me of the "cool" high school counselor trying to be down with the kids, putting on old Bon Jovi and Kurtis Blow records to try and relate. he is also the ultimate management suck-up. Wasn't that a reason they let go of Papa? he was too critical? Not enough of a cheerleader? I also find Fit'z forced jovial, laugh in his voice, used car salesman routine hard to take.He reminds me way too much of some middle-management corporate type, like William Macy in Fargo.

Rookie
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:36 pm
you guys are nuts. we've got the best broadcasters in the business. watch some of that pap swill on ESPN or TNT and it's obvious these guys care about the game and the players.

find some other BS to whine about cause fitz and jim rock.

Role Player
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:01 pm
MCJackintheBox wrote:you guys are nuts. we've got the best broadcasters in the business. watch some of that pap swill on ESPN or TNT and it's obvious these guys care about the game and the players.

Yea listen to some of the other combos out there, especially the ones for other teams not just ESPN or TNT, and you'll find that these two aren't that bad. Between them and Kruk and Kuip for the Giants, I think we're lucky to have two announcing teams that aren't total crap.

Starting Lineup
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:48 pm
fitz blows

Franchise Player
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:56 pm
The quality of other annoucing teams is irrelevant to me. I am just talking about OUR announcers and they are just TERRIBLE. If others are even MORE terrible than so be it (i dont know this to be true), but that still does not change the fact that ours suck.

Doesn't really make me feel any better about them if they just smell a bit less than others.

Rookie
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:02 pm
I like our announcers :shrug:

TNT has decent announcers, but for the most part I hate NBATV and ESPN NBA announcers. I like what we have here.

All Star
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:31 pm
MCJackintheBox wrote:you guys are nuts. we've got the best broadcasters in the business. watch some of that pap swill on ESPN or TNT and it's obvious these guys care about the game and the players.

well, there you go. Well argued and I am convinced...we must indeed have "the best broadcasters in the business" No point in further discussion :D

Rookie
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:52 pm
all the other logic and reasoning in this thread must have blinded my opinion.