Is your heart broken?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:30 pm
chinchilla13 wrote:
coltraning wrote:
xbay wrote:No, I'm just upset Turiaf would give that much breathing room for LeBron. 3 seconds left... he's not going to drive it, he's going to take a jump shot. Smother him, harass him. Honestly, it should of been Jackson guarding him.

Nevertheless, we played a great game. Yes a win is a win, no matter how you get it, but the fact the Cavs had to rely on LeBron saving them in the end makes me smile. We TESTED the Cavs. They are a top 4 team in the East and probably a top 5 team overall. We made LeBron work, we made the Cavs work. This wasn't an easy win for them... they had to earn it. And considering our injury depleted roster with many areas on our team being extremely exposed such as rebounding and defense, they were still unable to put us away until the very last second with a buzzer beater.

I don't know about you guys, but I'll take this performance 10/10 times whether it be a win or loss. Because if this is how we're going to play with this lineup, I CANNOT WAIT to see what happens when everyone is back healthy.

Absolutely, bro! I was at the game, and we all knew Sjax shot way too early, and he wasn't even looking for anyone else. I am glad he made it, but he shot it with 6.5 seconds left. That is an eternity, esp. when the best player in the world is on the other team. To respond to Bada. Jamal's shot against OKC was with 1.6 seconds left, and I will live with that anytime. Surely we can play 1.6 seconds of defense. Green just made a fluky good shot. LBJ. Not a fluke. In the second 1/2 I thought both teams played at an extremely high level, and there was actually great defense on both sides, including the Ws blocking LBJ 5 times! 51 points each in the second 1/2 is not a scoring fiesta. Other than Sjax shooting too early, and the cruel irony of Ben Wallace hitting a midrange jumper, proving that yes, Andris Biedrins really DOES have the worst touch in the game, I have zero complaints. As Jim Barnett, Tolbert and Barbieri were saying, has anyone even SEEN AB shoot a jumper? Man, with his eye to hand coordination, he must cut himself shaving a lot...


Jack shot too early?? you take that shot early to give yourself an opportunity to grab the offensive rebound or to foul if you miss it.

every NBA game I have ever watched, coaches tell players to run the clock down to at least 2-3 seconds before taking the final shot, basic NBA clock end of game clock management, so yes, I think 6.5 was too early, esp. a contested jumper and with the poor offensive rebounding team we have. We had Ellis, Morrow, Azu and Mags, so no offensive rebounding. Maggette was getting fouled and/or scoring on every play, and the Ws were driving at will, so at least a drive and kick. Leaving 6.5 seconds on the clock against Lebron James seems particularly ill-advised.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:56 pm
coltraning wrote:
bada wrote:was great to see monta back. Definately gives us a swagger we have been missing.

Just real perplexed about two things:

We we put Turiaf on LBJ when he just does not have the quickness to stay with him

AND

why do we keep taking shots with 5 or so seconds left. Our defense is so putrid I hate to see us give THEM the last shot. Would rather US take the last shot. I assume it is because if you miss you want to give yourself time to get a rebound or foul but the strategy has cost us games.

That is something that BD was great at. He used the clock beautifullly at the end of game.

well, he may have used the clock well, but his results were awfully spotty. memory can sometimes be deceptive...check out 82 games clutch stats for this year. Your fave, Crawford is 9th in the league in clutch play. Baron is...well it'll take you a minute find him, but both Maggette and Jackson are significantly ahead of him.

http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM
Interestingly, in 2007-08, both Sjax and Maggette were ranked ahead of Baron in clutch time play

In terms of game winning shots, it only goes as far as 2006, but back then Crawford was tied for 4th in the league at 6, and is now at 9. Baron is not on the list. He definitely ran the clock down and definitely hit a few game winners, but his batting average was pretty poor at the end of games.

http://www.82games.com/random12.htm


Watson is in front of jackson!

I don't know how guys can keep calling this guy CAPTAIN jack... where is the swagger he has brought this team? we play to the level of whatever team we are facing, that is the sign of a mentally weak team. I don't care what you say, we didn't play a qtr and a half of basketball in the OKC game or the T'Wolves game. that's what allowed them to win. and did I mention he is LEADING the league in turnovers by miles?!?! as of last night he is now avg 4 turn overs a game!

It's getting worse too!

TO in Nov
- 3.7
TO in Dec
- 3.8
TO in Jan
- 4.7

some other sobering numbers.
13th worst in the league in assist to TO ratio at 1.15
3rd in total turnovers

if we avg 15 TO a game and jackson avg 4 TO a game... that means he accounts for ~25% of our TOs. but he did sit out a bunch of games so that isn't fair.

totals for the season in TOs
Jax 136 (leading by over 50TOs to second place Andris with 84!)
total for the team this team - 660
so he has comprised realistically >20% of our TOs (20.6% to be exact)
after looking at a bunch of games I've surmised that the warriors give up ~ for every TO teams score 1.5 pts on us so...

teams have scored 990 pts off of TO and roughly 200 of those pts have come from jackson alone! case in point he sucks!



why does everyone want this guy starting over maggette? maggs may not be a team player and his defense may not be great, but at least he turns it over less than jax. and the thing that pisses me off the most, is when he turns it over and then just cherry picks, hoping that the rest of the team will do the dirty work and get him the ball back so he can do the same shiit over again.

The guy ruined our flow last night... if I was him I'd tell a reporter "you can blame that loss on me."
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:59 pm
coltraning wrote:
bada wrote:was great to see monta back. Definately gives us a swagger we have been missing.

Just real perplexed about two things:

We we put Turiaf on LBJ when he just does not have the quickness to stay with him

AND

why do we keep taking shots with 5 or so seconds left. Our defense is so putrid I hate to see us give THEM the last shot. Would rather US take the last shot. I assume it is because if you miss you want to give yourself time to get a rebound or foul but the strategy has cost us games.

That is something that BD was great at. He used the clock beautifullly at the end of game.

well, he may have used the clock well, but his results were awfully spotty. memory can sometimes be deceptive...check out 82 games clutch stats for this year. Your fave, Crawford is 9th in the league in clutch play. Baron is...well it'll take you a minute find him, but both Maggette and Jackson are significantly ahead of him.

http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM
Interestingly, in 2007-08, both Sjax and Maggette were ranked ahead of Baron in clutch time play

In terms of game winning shots, it only goes as far as 2006, but back then Crawford was tied for 4th in the league at 6, and is now at 9. Baron is not on the list. He definitely ran the clock down and definitely hit a few game winners, but his batting average was pretty poor at the end of games.

http://www.82games.com/random12.htm


was not bringing Crawford into the discussion as I was just talking about Davis but I will agree with you that I did not have much problems with Crawfords almost game winner the other night with 1.8 left.

Davis was a very clutch player for us that won many games. And when he did take the potential game winner, he almost NEVER left any time on the clock.

Rookie
Posts: 143
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:01 pm
Jax did make the clutch shot to put us up 1 with 6 seconds left, but I woulda almost preferred the ball going to Maggz for the final seconds. A well timed drive to the basket would either result in a bucket or foul, or LeBron would just strip it from him which I suppose woulda been worse. But at the same time, it was kinda obvious that the Cavs would be able to score with 6+ seconds left. We have NO endgame.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:02 pm
coltraning wrote:
chinchilla13 wrote:
coltraning wrote:
xbay wrote:No, I'm just upset Turiaf would give that much breathing room for LeBron. 3 seconds left... he's not going to drive it, he's going to take a jump shot. Smother him, harass him. Honestly, it should of been Jackson guarding him.

Nevertheless, we played a great game. Yes a win is a win, no matter how you get it, but the fact the Cavs had to rely on LeBron saving them in the end makes me smile. We TESTED the Cavs. They are a top 4 team in the East and probably a top 5 team overall. We made LeBron work, we made the Cavs work. This wasn't an easy win for them... they had to earn it. And considering our injury depleted roster with many areas on our team being extremely exposed such as rebounding and defense, they were still unable to put us away until the very last second with a buzzer beater.

I don't know about you guys, but I'll take this performance 10/10 times whether it be a win or loss. Because if this is how we're going to play with this lineup, I CANNOT WAIT to see what happens when everyone is back healthy.

Absolutely, bro! I was at the game, and we all knew Sjax shot way too early, and he wasn't even looking for anyone else. I am glad he made it, but he shot it with 6.5 seconds left. That is an eternity, esp. when the best player in the world is on the other team. To respond to Bada. Jamal's shot against OKC was with 1.6 seconds left, and I will live with that anytime. Surely we can play 1.6 seconds of defense. Green just made a fluky good shot. LBJ. Not a fluke. In the second 1/2 I thought both teams played at an extremely high level, and there was actually great defense on both sides, including the Ws blocking LBJ 5 times! 51 points each in the second 1/2 is not a scoring fiesta. Other than Sjax shooting too early, and the cruel irony of Ben Wallace hitting a midrange jumper, proving that yes, Andris Biedrins really DOES have the worst touch in the game, I have zero complaints. As Jim Barnett, Tolbert and Barbieri were saying, has anyone even SEEN AB shoot a jumper? Man, with his eye to hand coordination, he must cut himself shaving a lot...


Jack shot too early?? you take that shot early to give yourself an opportunity to grab the offensive rebound or to foul if you miss it.

every NBA game I have ever watched, coaches tell players to run the clock down to at least 2-3 seconds before taking the final shot, basic NBA clock end of game clock management, so yes, I think 6.5 was too early, esp. a contested jumper and with the poor offensive rebounding team we have. We had Ellis, Morrow, Azu and Mags, so no offensive rebounding. Maggette was getting fouled and/or scoring on every play, and the Ws were driving at will, so at least a drive and kick. Leaving 6.5 seconds on the clock against Lebron James seems particularly ill-advised.


Completely agree Colt. That shot was WAY too early. That is just fundemental basketball.

Then you have to factor in our strengths and weaknesses like Colt has said. Our two WEAKEST spots on our team are defense and rebounding. Shooting early like that puts the spotlight back on two things... Rebounding if you miss or Defense if you make... either of which does not favor us.

Where we ARE strong is scoring. I would much rather us take our chances and take the shot at the buzzer and play to our strenghts.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:40 pm
bada wrote:
coltraning wrote:
chinchilla13 wrote:
coltraning wrote:
xbay wrote:No, I'm just upset Turiaf would give that much breathing room for LeBron. 3 seconds left... he's not going to drive it, he's going to take a jump shot. Smother him, harass him. Honestly, it should of been Jackson guarding him.

Nevertheless, we played a great game. Yes a win is a win, no matter how you get it, but the fact the Cavs had to rely on LeBron saving them in the end makes me smile. We TESTED the Cavs. They are a top 4 team in the East and probably a top 5 team overall. We made LeBron work, we made the Cavs work. This wasn't an easy win for them... they had to earn it. And considering our injury depleted roster with many areas on our team being extremely exposed such as rebounding and defense, they were still unable to put us away until the very last second with a buzzer beater.

I don't know about you guys, but I'll take this performance 10/10 times whether it be a win or loss. Because if this is how we're going to play with this lineup, I CANNOT WAIT to see what happens when everyone is back healthy.

Absolutely, bro! I was at the game, and we all knew Sjax shot way too early, and he wasn't even looking for anyone else. I am glad he made it, but he shot it with 6.5 seconds left. That is an eternity, esp. when the best player in the world is on the other team. To respond to Bada. Jamal's shot against OKC was with 1.6 seconds left, and I will live with that anytime. Surely we can play 1.6 seconds of defense. Green just made a fluky good shot. LBJ. Not a fluke. In the second 1/2 I thought both teams played at an extremely high level, and there was actually great defense on both sides, including the Ws blocking LBJ 5 times! 51 points each in the second 1/2 is not a scoring fiesta. Other than Sjax shooting too early, and the cruel irony of Ben Wallace hitting a midrange jumper, proving that yes, Andris Biedrins really DOES have the worst touch in the game, I have zero complaints. As Jim Barnett, Tolbert and Barbieri were saying, has anyone even SEEN AB shoot a jumper? Man, with his eye to hand coordination, he must cut himself shaving a lot...


Jack shot too early?? you take that shot early to give yourself an opportunity to grab the offensive rebound or to foul if you miss it.

every NBA game I have ever watched, coaches tell players to run the clock down to at least 2-3 seconds before taking the final shot, basic NBA clock end of game clock management, so yes, I think 6.5 was too early, esp. a contested jumper and with the poor offensive rebounding team we have. We had Ellis, Morrow, Azu and Mags, so no offensive rebounding. Maggette was getting fouled and/or scoring on every play, and the Ws were driving at will, so at least a drive and kick. Leaving 6.5 seconds on the clock against Lebron James seems particularly ill-advised.


Completely agree Colt. That shot was WAY too early. That is just fundemental basketball.

Then you have to factor in our strengths and weaknesses like Colt has said. Our two WEAKEST spots on our team are defense and rebounding. Shooting early like that puts the spotlight back on two things... Rebounding if you miss or Defense if you make... either of which does not favor us.

Where we ARE strong is scoring. I would much rather us take our chances and take the shot at the buzzer and play to our strengths.

Agreed. I am really on the fence as to whether Jackson is a net positive for us. Pluses: His streaky three shooting, fine drives to the hoop, excellent passes at times, and perhaps the best D on the team. That intangible "swagger". Clutch shooting (much better percentage than BD in that category last year). Minuses: #1, stops the ball flow and decides he is going to score, and all his teammates disappear in his eyes. #2, a ****ing turnover machine, as discussed above. #3, truly stupid technicals and arguing with the ref when he should be getting back on D...as a matter of fact, I smell a thread coming on :mrgreen:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:32 pm
first off wrote:
coltraning wrote:
bada wrote:was great to see monta back. Definately gives us a swagger we have been missing.

Just real perplexed about two things:

We we put Turiaf on LBJ when he just does not have the quickness to stay with him

AND

why do we keep taking shots with 5 or so seconds left. Our defense is so putrid I hate to see us give THEM the last shot. Would rather US take the last shot. I assume it is because if you miss you want to give yourself time to get a rebound or foul but the strategy has cost us games.

That is something that BD was great at. He used the clock beautifullly at the end of game.

well, he may have used the clock well, but his results were awfully spotty. memory can sometimes be deceptive...check out 82 games clutch stats for this year. Your fave, Crawford is 9th in the league in clutch play. Baron is...well it'll take you a minute find him, but both Maggette and Jackson are significantly ahead of him.

http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM
Interestingly, in 2007-08, both Sjax and Maggette were ranked ahead of Baron in clutch time play

In terms of game winning shots, it only goes as far as 2006, but back then Crawford was tied for 4th in the league at 6, and is now at 9. Baron is not on the list. He definitely ran the clock down and definitely hit a few game winners, but his batting average was pretty poor at the end of games.

http://www.82games.com/random12.htm


Watson is in front of jackson!

I don't know how guys can keep calling this guy CAPTAIN jack... where is the swagger he has brought this team? we play to the level of whatever team we are facing, that is the sign of a mentally weak team. I don't care what you say, we didn't play a qtr and a half of basketball in the OKC game or the T'Wolves game. that's what allowed them to win. and did I mention he is LEADING the league in turnovers by miles?!?! as of last night he is now avg 4 turn overs a game!

It's getting worse too!

TO in Nov
- 3.7
TO in Dec
- 3.8
TO in Jan
- 4.7

some other sobering numbers.
13th worst in the league in assist to TO ratio at 1.15
3rd in total turnovers

if we avg 15 TO a game and jackson avg 4 TO a game... that means he accounts for ~25% of our TOs. but he did sit out a bunch of games so that isn't fair.

totals for the season in TOs
Jax 136 (leading by over 50TOs to second place Andris with 84!)
total for the team this team - 660
so he has comprised realistically >20% of our TOs (20.6% to be exact)
after looking at a bunch of games I've surmised that the warriors give up ~ for every TO teams score 1.5 pts on us so...

teams have scored 990 pts off of TO and roughly 200 of those pts have come from jackson alone! case in point he sucks!



why does everyone want this guy starting over maggette? maggs may not be a team player and his defense may not be great, but at least he turns it over less than jax. and the thing that pisses me off the most, is when he turns it over and then just cherry picks, hoping that the rest of the team will do the dirty work and get him the ball back so he can do the same shiit over again.

The guy ruined our flow last night... if I was him I'd tell a reporter "you can blame that loss on me."


oh yeah forgot to add that the dude is 2nd only to the great Rasheed Wallace in technical fouls! Wallace has 13 Jackson has 11, but Jax hasn't played as many games as Wallace (38 to 34). both of them are far ahead of anyone else in the NBA.

Why does he get so many minutes?

The last thing I will add is this. tim duncan has swagger, LeBron has Swagger, Chris Paul has Swagger, Kobe has Swagger, but they don't get a crap ton of techs like Jax does. I think people confuse good defense and Techs for swagger. people like artest or jax or wallace are not the same as the people I've listed above. Swagger is being able to control yourself during clutch time, not just being senseless and shooting because you want to be the hero of the game...
Last edited by first off on Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 576
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:36 pm
coltraning wrote:could not agree more. He is utterly frustrating. He is capable of brilliant and effective basketball, and is an excellent defender. (He did an amazing job against LBJ tonight). He can also be a bonehead and utterly selfish. When you literally have 6 other players on the team who can put up 25, and three who can do it much of the time, it is a basketball to monopolize the ball the way he does. He is like the bipolar man.

as to the two game winners: two amazing pressure shots - it happens


This

Also some things to remember about last nights game: Monta's charge that was a clear block and would have been an and-1. Buike getting that offensive rebound and dribbling into trouble instead of resetting, up by 4 and getting fast breaked the other way. Those missed layups that would have been made 9/10. All of Monta's jumpshots, half at least of which will go down when he shakes the rust off.

And finally, Monta had the steal on the first inbounds pass and Maggs knocked it away from him. Just bad luck. We didn't even play our best game and we still outplayed them. There is no team in the NBA that can walk into our building and romp on us. We can easily beat any team at the Oracle. I like this team.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:28 am
first off wrote:why do you think we lost the last two games?

#1, Because Jeff Green sacrificed enough virgins to Kali to will in the luckiest game-winner of the season. Seriously. You know every player aims a perimeter shot DIRECTLY at the cup. That fool was so off, he banked it in by mistake. Come on now. A win's a win, but Green can definitely thank the gods of basketball on that one.

And #2, because we allowed the ball to get into the league's leading MVP candidate's hands with 4 seconds left on a mismatch against slow-footed Ronny Turiaf (who didn't wanna get near LeBron's time zone to prevent a BS phantom foul). If Monta and/or Corey had managed to grab the ball before it trickled outta bounds on that inbounds play beforehand, we're talking a whole different headline here.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:11 pm
David Wood wrote:
coltraning wrote:could not agree more. He is utterly frustrating. He is capable of brilliant and effective basketball, and is an excellent defender. (He did an amazing job against LBJ tonight). He can also be a bonehead and utterly selfish. When you literally have 6 other players on the team who can put up 25, and three who can do it much of the time, it is a basketball to monopolize the ball the way he does. He is like the bipolar man.

as to the two game winners: two amazing pressure shots - it happens


This

Also some things to remember about last nights game: Monta's charge that was a clear block and would have been an and-1. Buike getting that offensive rebound and dribbling into trouble instead of resetting, up by 4 and getting fast breaked the other way. Those missed layups that would have been made 9/10. All of Monta's jumpshots, half at least of which will go down when he shakes the rust off.

And finally, Monta had the steal on the first inbounds pass and Maggs knocked it away from him. Just bad luck. We didn't even play our best game and we still outplayed them. There is no team in the NBA that can walk into our building and romp on us. We can easily beat any team at the Oracle. I like this team.

yeah, also they were NOT going to call travels, and I saw Cavs travel right in front of the refs on at least 10 occasions. One more make by a W or miss by a Cav (or dumb turnover by Sjax :banghead: ) and you are right, it is a Ws win. It was a terrific game, though. 15 lead changes in the 4th, no team led by more than 6 and came down to the very last shot. Ws can easily win 25 games from here on out with a healthy squad. They are a 50 win team when healthy.

Role Player
Posts: 288
» Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:07 pm
coltraning wrote:yeah, also they were NOT going to call travels, and I saw Cavs travel right in front of the refs on at least 10 occasions. One more make by a W or miss by a Cav (or dumb turnover by Sjax :banghead: ) and you are right, it is a Ws win. It was a terrific game, though. 15 lead changes in the 4th, no team led by more than 6 and came down to the very last shot. Ws can easily win 25 games from here on out with a healthy squad. They are a 50 win team when healthy.


Possibly a 50 win team but our current team for some reason or another just doesn't equate to wins. We've had our share of injuries but every time someone gets injured, other people step up big time and we, for the most part, are still competitive in those games. So if we're competitive in games where we are missing key parts of our team, then you'd expect us to do better when those guys get back right? However, the problem remains when those guys get back, we stay competitive, but still don't get the wins. Granted we've always had a guy out and Monta may be the missing piece of the puzzle but for the most part we can never get ALL our guys to step up and play together for every single game.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:58 pm
SFWarriors wrote:
coltraning wrote:yeah, also they were NOT going to call travels, and I saw Cavs travel right in front of the refs on at least 10 occasions. One more make by a W or miss by a Cav (or dumb turnover by Sjax :banghead: ) and you are right, it is a Ws win. It was a terrific game, though. 15 lead changes in the 4th, no team led by more than 6 and came down to the very last shot. Ws can easily win 25 games from here on out with a healthy squad. They are a 50 win team when healthy.


Possibly a 50 win team but our current team for some reason or another just doesn't equate to wins. We've had our share of injuries but every time someone gets injured, other people step up big time and we, for the most part, are still competitive in those games. So if we're competitive in games where we are missing key parts of our team, then you'd expect us to do better when those guys get back right? However, the problem remains when those guys get back, we stay competitive, but still don't get the wins. Granted we've always had a guy out and Monta may be the missing piece of the puzzle but for the most part we can never get ALL our guys to step up and play together for every single game.

and we have never had a completely healthy big 4. With a COMPLETELY healthy team we were 83-43 with Baron, same stretch with ANY of the big 4 injured? 50-73

Rookie
Posts: 139
» Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:03 am
The reason that we lost against the Cavs was because Turiaf was on James. If you look at the play, it was because of the coaches, and not because of the players.

In the previous play, before the final one, Nellie and Jack, and even Jim Barnett read the play. A screen by Ben Wallace for James to get the ball on the top of the key. Nellie and Jack read this. Thus leading Jack to switch with Turiaf before the ball was inbounded, having Jack on Wallace and Turiaf on James. When the switch came, Jackson easily picked up Lebron and caused the Cavs to make a bad inbound pass.

The Cavs call timeout, Mike brown sets up the same "play", but instead has James cut baseline. Jack and Nellie read the play the same and stick with Jackson on Wallace and Turiaf on James. And then you all know how this ends.

What they should have done was double James right away and make him give up the ball. I'd rather have a slightly open Williams or Gibson than a 1 on 1 James against Turiaf.

As for the game against OKC, Crawford was just to slow to get around the screen to contest Greens shot from the front.

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:11 am
MC99 wrote:The reason that we lost against the Cavs was because Turiaf was on James. If you look at the play, it was because of the coaches, and not because of the players.

In the previous play, before the final one, Nellie and Jack, and even Jim Barnett read the play. A screen by Ben Wallace for James to get the ball on the top of the key. Nellie and Jack read this. Thus leading Jack to switch with Turiaf before the ball was inbounded, having Jack on Wallace and Turiaf on James. When the switch came, Jackson easily picked up Lebron and caused the Cavs to make a bad inbound pass.

The Cavs call timeout, Mike brown sets up the same "play", but instead has James cut baseline. Jack and Nellie read the play the same and stick with Jackson on Wallace and Turiaf on James. And then you all know how this ends.

What they should have done was double James right away and make him give up the ball. I'd rather have a slightly open Williams or Gibson than a 1 on 1 James against Turiaf.

As for the game against OKC, Crawford was just to slow to get around the screen to contest Greens shot from the front.


i disagree. you double james and leave either of those shooters open for a second and theyre gonna kill you for it. plus, you'd rather have lebron end it than anyone else, cuz at least it's understandable that a superstar hits the buzzer beater to end a really good game.

it doesnt matter that ronny was the one who was guarding lebron on the last play...i actually like that he was the one defending, because he is long, the best shot blocker, a really good defender, and against almost any other person he definitely would have bothered the shot. im sure lebron was bothered by turiaf's length, even if just a little.

i think you're taking some credit away from lebron...he is just a great player who comes up with great plays and great finishes when the time comes. the defense in that last 4.7 seconds against the cavs was WAAAY better than the defense in the last 1.6 against OKC.

Rookie
Posts: 88
» Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:51 am
I believe it has always been axiomatic in professional sports that you DON'T let the other team's best guy beat you in situations like this. That's why people invented the intentional walk in baseball, and double coverage in football, and why in basketball you make somebody OTHER than LeBron, Kobe, or Michael Jordan shoot for the game-winner.

(That's how Paxson and Kerr stayed on the Bulls -- making those kind of shots.)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests