Free Throws

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:54 pm
I think it's ridiculous that anyone is putting andris's name on the all star list with how he's been shooting free throws. What happened??? He was doing so good! We air balled 2 free throws last night!!!. Sac missed 1! We lost this game because of free throws and oh great now the chinese are going to be shooting great free throws What is the matter with this team?!?!

All Star
» Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:57 pm
gogogadget wrote:I think it's ridiculous that anyone is putting andris's name on the all star list with how he's been shooting free throws. What happened??? He was doing so good! We air balled 2 free throws last night!!!. Sac missed 1! We lost this game because of free throws and oh great now the chinese are going to be shooting great free throws What is the matter with this team?!?!

unfortunately your boy missed a few of his own....but FT shooting and rebounding are 2 things that are killing this team. It seems like the shooting was getting better under Moncrief, but now....not so good!

Franchise Player
» Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:00 pm
Andris is NOT a shooter. While I wish he could make FT's better, that is not what his value is. There are plenty of great players that cant make FT's. Should Dwight Howard not be an all-star because he shoots FT's as bad as Andris?

One of the greatest players in NBA history Wilt Chamberlain shot 50% for this career.

I understand that Andris is not anywhere close to these players ability but he is a C and there are plenty of C's that cant shoot FT's.

I hope he can improve that part of his game to at least get to mid 60's in % but again, he is NOT a shooter so I am not expecting much there

Rookie
» Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:03 pm
it just seemed like at the beginning of the season he was making so much more with his little latvian leap trick. ahh what a depressing season

All Star
» Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:07 pm
In the beginning of the season, i seriously would count his free throws as makes. I was confident he would make them. Now its the opposite. Doesn't diminish his value, but it makes people less worried about fouling him.

Franchise Player
» Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:10 pm
Corey missed like 8. Andris air balled one. Turiaf air balled one and then missed the second. There was a disease going around.

All Star
» Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:10 pm
gogogadget wrote:it just seemed like at the beginning of the season he was making so much more with his little latvian leap trick. ahh what a depressing season

I agree.....his shot looked really good at the beginning of the season.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:09 pm
Doesn't help they lost their free throw shooting coach

Role Player
» Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:24 pm
Rehren1296 wrote:Doesn't help they lost their free throw shooting coach

lol i feel what your saying, but why in the world do people need a free throw coach that badly? I mean honestly, why do some player have so much trouble, with the easiest shot in the NBA!? They really arent that hard...

All Star
» Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:22 pm
dwight howard doesnt shoot free throws well either... are you saying he shouldnt be mentioned as an all star either?

anyways.... the all-star game is stictly about the fans, not how good players are or how well they're doing... no in terms of the starting lineup at least.....

All Star
» Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:02 am
If even the most likable players shoot air balls, they should be booed. It is the duty of fans to stimulate them to practice.

Free throws are not hard. Anyone can learn to shoot them. There is no excuse to not shoot a reasonable percentage over the course of a season.

All Star
» Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:30 am
rick barry as freethrow coach go!

All Star
» Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:38 am
saintdee wrote:rick barry as freethrow coach go!

It was the great Shaq who said he would rather miss every free throw than shoot underhanded.

I'm not sure he is the only one.

I remember Barry when he was a talk show host on KNBR. A real brittle and tense guy, trying to get the Ws coaching job. I always got the impression that he would make the world's best high school coach, but that NBA players wouldn't respond to him for long.

Starting Lineup
» Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:17 am
I can't see anybody in the NBA adopting his granny FT technique regardless of how successfull it is.

Franchise Player
» Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:33 am
Rehren1296 wrote:I can't see anybody in the NBA adopting his granny FT technique regardless of how successfull it is.

I agree and it is real said that this generation puts a higher priority on "looking cool" then being productive.