the "So I may have been wrong about Marco" thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:09 am
I will admit that Marco has shown me something on the defensive side. Definately has earned his minutes and happy to see him get time on the court to see what he can develop into
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 309
» Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:23 am
bada wrote:I will admit that Marco has shown me something on the defensive side. Definately has earned his minutes and happy to see him get time on the court to see what he can develop into

He showed he can flop?

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:48 am
Abyss Impact wrote:
bada wrote:I will admit that Marco has shown me something on the defensive side. Definately has earned his minutes and happy to see him get time on the court to see what he can develop into

He showed he can flop?



He is improving however at crunch time he tends to lose it , dude has a way of getting lost when the pressure is on.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 227
» Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:28 pm
I know I was wrong about Belinelli, he has been one of our most productive players. He and Jack took that game over against the Celtics last night and helped the dubs beat the best team in the NBA

Rookie
Posts: 8
» Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:00 pm
JOEL wrote:
Abyss Impact wrote:
bada wrote:I will admit that Marco has shown me something on the defensive side. Definately has earned his minutes and happy to see him get time on the court to see what he can develop into

He showed he can flop?



He is improving however at crunch time he tends to lose it , dude has a way of getting lost when the pressure is on.


i saw marco when he was 18 put two three points shots on the italian final in milan, when pressure has not comparison on everything in the states, when 10000 people are screaming against you the worst insulting things that you could ever imagine. he may look "absent" most of the times, but when it counts, marco will put a shot. i can tell you this for sure.

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:47 pm
matteo carlito wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Abyss Impact wrote:
bada wrote:I will admit that Marco has shown me something on the defensive side. Definately has earned his minutes and happy to see him get time on the court to see what he can develop into

He showed he can flop?



He is improving however at crunch time he tends to lose it , dude has a way of getting lost when the pressure is on.


i saw marco when he was 18 put two three points shots on the italian final in milan, when pressure has not comparison on everything in the states, when 10000 people are screaming against you the worst insulting things that you could ever imagine. he may look "absent" most of the times, but when it counts, marco will put a shot. i can tell you this for sure.


that remains to be seen...i hope he can come thru....but really i was speaking on his defense
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:03 pm
believe me Joel I am not saying he is a great or even good defender, but he was brutal last year. Just no clue. Now he is using his feet better and staying in front of guys instead of just reaching. Better at playing the passing angles as well.

In stark comparison to Crawford who has never shown any improvement defensively in his 8 years in the league.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 851
» Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:21 pm
I wasnt necessarily wrong about Marco...I dont think any of us were, we had nothing to really base our opinions on because the guy never played...but I am very excited with the way he has played, he has been unselfish yet he has taken enough shots, and defensively he has improved...he did a hell of a job on Ray last night (a known warrior killer only scored 7) you notice throughout the game Marco wasnt stupid like a lot of our players, when people drove the lane he didnt leave Ray to help, he stayed one pass away never giving him an open 3...how many times do the warriors jump to non shooters leaving great shooters wide open!
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 14
» Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:27 pm
He's not a good defender right now, but he's better than last year, and that gives some hope, since he's only a sophomore and 22. I'm Italian: don't forget that in Europe team defense uses zone and you have not such great athletes to play against, so he has to learn how to deal with stronger and faster guys. But think about this: after all, even if he's still a not-good-enough defender, he's better than most of all his teammates. He tries to do something, he's active and moves his foots, and he also tries to grab some good call by flopping. I know that European players are blamed for doing that, but I think that if you take a hit when you have a good defensive position, there's a chance that referee does not call anything if he thinks that the hit is not really strong, or if he doesn't see nothing. Of course if you receive a little hit and flop, you steal, but if you receive a significant hit, even if that doesn't put you on the ground, there's an advantage for attacker, so there's a foul. In this situation, flopping assures you that referee is seeing what happened. After all, this is the reason NBA has 3 referees, to understand not only if there's a foul or not, but also to decide if a guy's flopping...and finally, you have to say this: the defensive position of a flopper is a good one (if it isn't so, the foul's called to the defender).

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:23 pm
bada wrote:believe me Joel I am not saying he is a great or even good defender, but he was brutal last year. Just no clue. Now he is using his feet better and staying in front of guys instead of just reaching. Better at playing the passing angles as well.

In stark comparison to Crawford who has never shown any improvement defensively in his 8 years in the league.


nah man i'm not running himm down ( i had all but givin up on marco),
he is making great improvements...funny what some reagular PT will do for a fellow

Rookie
Posts: 19
» Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:03 pm
Besides his quality as player and his skill, that's matter of opinion, I'm really surprised about Belinelli's reaction after being most of time in two years in the inactive list every game. Most of people would be so frustated, tired demotivated. Marco instead reacted in the right way
He's definitely a fighter and in my opinion in the nerves challenge against Don Nelson he won.
Denying Dleague, standing on the bench almost 1 and half year, taking profit of every little chance we had in term of minutes to play, giving a good contribution since he's playing more and finally being in the starter 5 and playing more of all other guys, all these things combined are the prove that Marco is a "Warrior". For sure he has a lot to learn and not sure if I'll be a factor in the NBA, but he has at least a big personality and a team with a lot of talent and primedonne like Warriors look right now normally don't run for long time. A guy that try to fight for 40 minutes a game 1 month ago laid on the bench, now is on the court.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:50 am
bada wrote:believe me Joel I am not saying he is a great or even good defender, but he was brutal last year. Just no clue. Now he is using his feet better and staying in front of guys instead of just reaching. Better at playing the passing angles as well.

In stark comparison to Crawford who has never shown any improvement defensively in his 8 years in the league.

damn, and here I went and got you that Crawford jersey for xmas!
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:16 am
coltraning wrote:
bada wrote:believe me Joel I am not saying he is a great or even good defender, but he was brutal last year. Just no clue. Now he is using his feet better and staying in front of guys instead of just reaching. Better at playing the passing angles as well.

In stark comparison to Crawford who has never shown any improvement defensively in his 8 years in the league.

damn, and here I went and got you that Crawford jersey for xmas!


Hey, I'm sure Bada will find some use for it.


Maybe he'll bring it to one of those ugly christmas jersey parties he attends. :mrgreen:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:43 am
coltraning wrote:damn, and here I went and got you that Crawford jersey for xmas!
ah, colt... thanks... just what I always wanted!



TMC wrote:Maybe he'll bring it to one of those ugly christmas jersey parties he attends
not bad idea! However there would probably be too many Jamarcus Russell jerseys! :mrgreen:

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:27 am
bada wrote:
coltraning wrote:damn, and here I went and got you that Crawford jersey for xmas!
ah, colt... thanks... just what I always wanted!



TMC wrote:Maybe he'll bring it to one of those ugly christmas jersey parties he attends
not bad idea! However there would probably be too many Jamarcus Russell jerseys! :mrgreen:



i was thinking bosworth......
we can show the clip of bo jackson :mrgreen:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests