the "So I may have been wrong about Marco" thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:35 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Abyss Impact wrote:What does Lawson have to do with the Warriors?

Anyways, Marco Belinelli needs 35+ minutes. Stephen Jackson and his injured hand needs to go on the IR.

Nevermind, guess you don't have a sense of humor when it comes to your man love for Manny.

Anyway....back to talking about Marco and how he's better than MJ and Magic put together.

Man love for Manny Lawson? WTF? I have no idea what your talking about. My favorite player is brick hands Vernon. I love how he drop those balls.

Franchise Player
» Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:38 pm
Abyss Impact wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

Anyways, Marco Belinelli needs 35+ minutes. Stephen Jackson and his injured hand needs to go on the IR.

Nevermind, guess you don't have a sense of humor when it comes to your man love for Manny.

Anyway....back to talking about Marco and how he's better than MJ and Magic put together.

Man love for Manny Lawson? WTF? I have no idea what your talking about. My favorite player is brick hands Vernon. I love how he drop those balls.

I just wanna know what he's doing trying to touch 'em. :shock: :wink:

Franchise Player
» Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:39 pm
Abyss Impact wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

That is Pro Bowl alternate brick hands Vernon. Still stunned over that. His blocking got him in the game.

Rookie
» Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:32 am
uptempo wrote:
32 wrote:
uptempo wrote:
32 wrote:LMAO!

"If you don't agree with MY pessimistic analysis of the team, you do not like winning basketball!" :roll: ::lol: Come on, uptempo. No need for passive aggressive shots now haha.

No passive-aggressive shots from me. I have been quite critical of the Mullin experiment from Day 1. He is in way over his head and has shown no ability to assemble a winning team. Getting to the playoffs once out of five years is analagous to a blind squirrel finding a nut in the forrest once in awhile. I was also quite critical of the Nelson hire from Day 1, too. Both have been a disaster; however, it looks like Nelson will be here longer than Mullin. Perhaps the only way to mitigate the damage that Nelson has done, as well as to prevent future on-court Nelson-damage to the team, the team may need to move Nelson upstairs (as Mullin is being wheeled out) and let Nelson hire the new coach.

I was referring to your direct shot at me when you were lambasting fans of the Brandan Wright trade.

As the forum's most vocal supporter of that deal (not to mention a quote in my sig verifying it), I understand you trying to rally support for your anti-Mullin crusade by trying to prematurely label that deal a bust in a year where Wright hasn't played much, but let's not go overboard and try to claim that fans like me don't enjoy winning basketball just so you can try and validate your pessimism. The fact that we can see the big picture and understand that big men are needed to win basketball games (rather than a one-dimensional guard) doesn't mean we're happy trading current wins for development time. However, most of us get that it's a necessary evil for improvement and I'm sure a bright guy like yourself understands that. Twisting Wright's lack of time (directly attributed to NELSON, not Mullin) into some sort of theory about posters like me (who disagree with you) being happy with losses is a ludicrous hilarity that mostly simpletons would buy into. You are above that, my friend. No need to trade shots here.

I get what you were trying to do with that statement, I took offense to it, and I don't appreciate it. Luckily, I'm back as a full-time member, so I'll be here to field your claims far more often now. Perhaps if I'm more in sight and in mind, you'll be less inclined to slam me with passive-aggressive shots. :wink:

We may be miscommunicating here:

1. I, too, am a big Brandon Wright fan and have not lambasted Brandon Wright fans. If anything, we can all agree that the kid deserves more playing time and looks like he has huge upside potential.

2. I was originally very supportive of the Richardson deal because it cleared cap space and the team has a logjam of talent at the shooting guard/small forward positions; however, when the team did not exercise the MLE as it was fighting for a playoff spot last season, I questioned the direction of the front office.

3. It is Mullin's responsibility to bring in players who will excel in the head coach's system. Mullin hired Nelson; Mullin has the responsibility to stock the roster with players whom Nelson will utilize.

4. My criticisms of Mullin, the front office, and Nelson have to do with their inability to articulate and execute on putting into place a plan to build a championship contending team.

5. Too many Bay Area fans are happy with just barely qualifying for the eighth and last playoff spot with an 'entertaining' and 'high-scoring' team, as opposed to developing a team which can one day challenge for a championship. If the team is only going to make the playoffs in one out of five years during the disasterous Mullin experiment, then would it not make sense for the team to struggle with the younger players during the first 2-3 seasons and then improve towards seasons 4 and 5? We are currently in season 5 and the team is regressing. How does that make sense?

6. 32, you and I have had disagreements on various issues in the past (we also have been in agreement on various issues, too), and I always enjoy openly debating our various positions, as opposed to taking 'passive-aggressive' shots at each other (I do not believe that we have done that in the past). If anything, we have been quite blunt and direct with each other.

7. Welcome back to the board; I enjoy and look forward to reading and responding to your postings.

You guys are by far my two favorite posters. You both go at the issues point by point and I am impressed by the collective basketball knowledge.

I do not see where the two of you disagree on anything except on the issue of Mullin. I am sad to say that I now take the position that Mullin has been an utter disaster while running the Warrior front office. And yes, uptempo, Mullin was the guy who hired Nelson to coach this team; so, I will agree with you that Mullin's tenure has been bad.

32, you are correct in stating that Wright is not a bust...yet; however, if he is required to continue playing for Nelson, he might actually become a bust, which would be further sad indictment of why Nelson should be cut loose sooner rather than later.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:55 am
I can see the same thing possibly happening to BWright as happened to Diogu; little playing time, getting traded and never really being used

All Star
» Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:47 am
marco's been playing good recently...

he's always had a nice looking shot but during games he always looked a little of out of sync and lathargic. he seems a lot cooler and he seems a lot more confident. i think he may have started to adjust to the nba speed/game...

one thing that has surprised me is marcos passing ability... :D

All Star
» Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:27 am
Belinelli suffers from the Nelson Syndrome, like the others. When he is confident and gets into the flow, he is a very effective player. He, like the others, gets nervous, holding back, afraid of the hook, trying both to play well, but not too well.

We all know what happens when the younger players play well. Might as well bring a hemorrhoid ring cushion to sit on for awhile.

» Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:59 pm
playa wrote:You guys are by far my two favorite posters. You both go at the issues point by point and I am impressed by the collective basketball knowledge.

I do not see where the two of you disagree on anything except on the issue of Mullin. I am sad to say that I now take the position that Mullin has been an utter disaster while running the Warrior front office. And yes, uptempo, Mullin was the guy who hired Nelson to coach this team; so, I will agree with you that Mullin's tenure has been bad.

32, you are correct in stating that Wright is not a bust...yet; however, if he is required to continue playing for Nelson, he might actually become a bust, which would be further sad indictment of why Nelson should be cut loose sooner rather than later.

Thank you for the kudos, playa.

uptempo is a gracious and intelligent poster than I truly enjoy debating with. Funny enough, the more time that goes by, the more I find I'm agreeing with him on many issues. I still don't agree that what is going wrong with the Warriors is Chris Mullin's fault; as I believe the VP's job is to build a competitive roster which (in my eyes) he has done. The problem, thus far, is that the coach the VP has hired isn't executing the proper gameplan to maximize the production of our more talented players. This can be fixed very simply: by replacing Don Nelson with a traditional coach who will play power forwards and not leave 2-for-18 shooters on the floor. uptempo has predicted Nelson's patiented pig-headedness reimmerging from the moment of the hire and we should all give him kudos for that. As far as Chris Mullin is concerned, we still have yet to come to common ground on that. :wink:

uptempo, I apologize for jumping the gun. Clearly, I looked too far into your comment and riled myself up again. No harm intended.

All Star
» Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:09 pm
Mullin deserves credit for what he has done, but it WILL be hard to move Maggette and Jackson's contracts. And the team will continue to be a disaster as long as Nellie stays. These are two glaring issues that need to be addressed by Mullin before he is praised.

All Star
» Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:14 pm
Jackson would've been easy to trade without that ridiculous extension. Now?
Probably not til he's expiring. Magette? Would take a desperate team to swallow that contract. Toronto fits the bill

Hall of Famer
» Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:30 pm
JayPat wrote:These are two glaring issues that need to be addressed by Mullin before he is praised.

Yeah, question is... will he be given the chance?. Because it's not only Nellie, we have another issue to deal with in the Rowell-Mully affair.

All Star
» Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:49 pm
32 wrote:
playa wrote:You guys are by far my two favorite posters. You both go at the issues point by point and I am impressed by the collective basketball knowledge.

Thank you for the kudos, playa.

uptempo is a gracious and intelligent poster than I truly enjoy debating with. Funny enough, the more time that goes by, the more I find I'm agreeing with him on many issues. I still don't agree that what is going wrong with the Warriors is Chris Mullin's fault; as I believe the VP's job is to build a competitive roster which (in my eyes) he has done. The problem, thus far, is that the coach the VP has hired isn't executing the proper gameplan to maximize the production of our more talented players. This can be fixed very simply: by replacing Don Nelson with a traditional coach who will play power forwards and not leave 2-for-18 shooters on the floor. uptempo has predicted Nelson's patiented pig-headedness reimmerging from the moment of the hire and we should all give him kudos for that. As far as Chris Mullin is concerned, we still have yet to come to common ground on that. :wink:

uptempo, I apologize for jumping the gun. Clearly, I looked too far into your comment and riled myself up again. No harm intended.

No apologies necessary. We are all voicing our different opinions about what this team will need to do to improve.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:34 pm
Quazza wrote:Jackson would've been easy to trade without that ridiculous extension. Now?
Probably not til he's expiring. Magette? Would take a desperate team to swallow that contract. Toronto fits the bill

Hopefuly Toronto fits the bill. They'll have to really see something good in Maggette to take on his contract. The guy has basketball skills but that contract is a huge deterent

Rookie
» Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:02 pm
hi everybody, my name is matteo i write from marco belinelli's hometown, Bologna.

Knowing him better because we saw him play for many years, i can honestly tell you that this guy has talent. a lot of talent.
And in the good points i put also the fact that he is a winner.
Don't forget that he's only 22 years old...

here in italy we've not understood why don nelson did not let him play before...

anyway, in Bologna we're all for golden state warriors, so come on guys, bologna is with you all! go golden state!

regarding marco, here in italy i didn't see no many players with his same talent, maybe only ginobili, which was a little less talented but otherwise with a damn strong winning attitude. and don't think that we're in some kind of africa or something :-) in Fortitudo Bologna played before dominique wilkins, carlos delfino, david Rivers, marko jaric in the very past artis gilmore and in the other bologna's team which we don't mention :-) many others. so i can honestly say: marco has a HUGE talent, an incredible talent.
see this: http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=CX4zuKgLIXw :-)
a big hug to all of you from Bologna, and Fortitudo, marco's team here.

ps. my apologies for my bad english.
matteo
Last edited by matteo carlito on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Role Player
» Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:15 pm
I'm now a big fan of Marco.

I BELIEVE :D