the "So I may have been wrong about Marco" thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:56 pm
I don't think I've seen anyone consistently back the Italian guard that spends most of his time on the bench. we've all said he's worse than Morrow, and we have struggled to find a reason why he should stay on the bench.

this is a thread for you to admit to everyone you got it wrong, and you may have judged him a little too early.

btw as I'm typing this he just made that CRAZY SHOT from behind the basket. I have to laugh that was so sick!

I'll go first
my username is first off. I regret judging Belinelli before I got a chance to really see him play.

All Star
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:07 pm
he can, has everything in him, except for speed
i hope he gets more and more time to move things better

Role Player
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:10 pm
Eat crow people.

All Star
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:14 pm
If you can find a post where I bagged on him, I'll admit I was wrong, but I've always liked him. I've always thought of him as more of a shooter coming in rare situations, but mostly on the bench. Clearly, his game goes deeper than that...

All Star
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:21 pm
Marco has never been given serious playing time!!! Him and Morrow make a good 2 guards coming off the bench...I'd rather have those two shooting than Maggette and Crawford...

Can we just give those two players away (Maggs and Crawford)!!!

When Monta comes back we are going to see Morrow and Belli riding the bench with the top 3 highest paid players getting all the mins (Ellis, Maggs, and Crawfish)

All Star
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:24 pm
first off wrote:I don't think I've seen anyone consistently back the Italian guard that spends most of his time on the bench. we've all said he's worse than Morrow, and we have struggled to find a reason why he should stay on the bench.

this is a thread for you to admit to everyone you got it wrong, and you may have judged him a little too early.

btw as I'm typing this he just made that CRAZY SHOT from behind the basket. I have to laugh that was so sick!

I'll go first
my username is first off. I regret judging Belinelli before I got a chance to really see him play.

Not True. Abyss did. Non stop. Thread after Thread

and i'm not making any judgements after one decent game

All Star
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:26 pm
i love marco... but i have to say... lets not get carried away..

we're talking about the bucks and thunder he played well against...two of the worst teams in the league. (then again we are pretty bad too).

All Star
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:37 pm
If Biedrens can draw the double team in the post, then Marco has much value spotting up around the three point arc waiting for the kick-back pass from either Biedrens or a secondary perimeter player. I don't know that much about Marco other than he can really shoot the ball and plays little or no defense, all attributes of a player who should thrive playing for Don Nelson.

All Star
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:45 pm
I've always backed him..... :bday:

All Star
» Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:05 am
uptempo wrote:If Biedrens can draw the double team in the post, then Marco has much value spotting up around the three point arc waiting for the kick-back pass from either Biedrens or a secondary perimeter player. I don't know that much about Marco other than he can really shoot the ball and plays little or no defense, all attributes of a player who should thrive playing for Don Nelson.

he's putting a whole more effort into defense this year than he did last year. i'd rank him above C.J. but below Buike on the teams defensive rankings.

All Star
» Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:08 am
fine wrote:
uptempo wrote:If Biedrens can draw the double team in the post, then Marco has much value spotting up around the three point arc waiting for the kick-back pass from either Biedrens or a secondary perimeter player. I don't know that much about Marco other than he can really shoot the ball and plays little or no defense, all attributes of a player who should thrive playing for Don Nelson.

he's putting a whole more effort into defense this year than he did last year. i'd rank him above C.J. but below Buike on the teams defensive rankings.

If anything, he can at least be the current team's iteration of Joe Hassett.

All Star
» Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:17 am
uptempo wrote:
fine wrote:

If anything, he can at least be the current team's iteration of Joe Hassett.

i'm too young to know Joe Hassett. but i wiki'd him and found he is similar to casey jacobsen, sasha vujacic, and brian cook. now i get it.

All Star
» Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:47 am
maybe we're showcasing him to boost his trade value........

(hehe sorry:)

Rookie
» Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:28 am
I always thought that if he got the minutes on a consistent basis he would show us what he's got.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:31 am
Trade him and Maggette to the Raptors right now!

:mrgreen: